Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

1500-1800 calories!

Unless you are very very tiny (like under 5 feet tall and already eat 1500-1800 calories and have boys) or have a lot of weight to lose, please, please, I beg of you, stick with the 1500-1800 calorie guideline. That is the amount of calories advised for weight loss for those going high tech. When you drop below that and stay there for a long time, you will end up suppressing your fertility and it is going to take you several weeks to O. It will sway pink and I PROMISE to the point of swearing on the Bible, that you WILL O eventually and it will not affect your fertility in the long term, but will take you a long time to get pregnant that way.

If you are sold on the idea of superlow calories and make a decision to eat 1200-1500, PLEASE do whatever it takes to get pg quickly. No timing, no jellies, no lowering sperm count. I do not think it's a good idea or healthy to eat 1000-1200 calories FOR ANYONE and esp. not for 6 weeks prior to TTC. If you want to go the superlow route, eat at least 1200-1500 calories and get pg RIGHT AWAY. Don't do the full 6 weeks on the diet at very low caloric intake (unless you're really heavy and can stand to lose a lot of weight.)

Remember, the guidelines for the Low-Everything diet is:

1500-1800 calories
    40-50 g protein
    20-30% calories from fat fat
    700-1000 mg sodium

When I was researching this diet, these were the numbers that are low enough to lower your blood sugar, shrink your muscles, and be doable in the long term, while subtly suppressing your fertility without making it go away all together.

The Low-Everything diet is actually quite healthy and most doctors would be very supportive of such a diet. I just don't want anyone to carry it to extremes becasue anything taken to extreme, is, well, extreme.

It's always better to start off with MORE food and then cut back than to start off really restrictive and have nowhere to go over the course of time. If you start off superrestrictive and find that you stop ovulating, you'll end up having to eat more and ~might~ end up undoing some of the good you did.

Best strategy would be to start off on the upper limit of diet and doing a lot of other things to sway and then just seeing what happens. If you don't get pregnant, you will have the experience needed to know what to toss and what to keep and if your weight plateaus, you have room to cut back.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Moving this so more people can get the message

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im doing my best to eat more calories but find it very hard when eating two, or even three meals to get at the right amount of calories.
    Im trying to find a way to eat more calories without going over the protein and fat limits and without it meaning that i have to eat 7 different foods per meal.

I am trying to hold steady now for more than a month but am still losing weight (not drastically but still losing). Thank goodness I had my O this month exactly when I expected it: cd 15! Yesss

I am able to reach the amount of protein and fat you wanted me to Atomic (50g) but the calories are a struggle. I now reach 1200-1300 or 1400 if Im not able to avoid a cheat food (when DH doe example comes home from work bringing me my favorite ice cream with a big smile on his face).

I would like to eat more calorie rich foods so I dont have to eat a ton of different things during one meal.

Atomic or anyone: Do you know any foods that contain more calories without a bunch of fat and/or protein?
    Last edited by ProudMom90; August 22nd, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just eat three meals from here on in. Both two and three meals are both perfectly allowed and I want you to do whatever option works for you. I always had three.

Rather than me listing a bunch of foods here can you give me a rundown of what you're eating? I can often see things to tweak in a person's diet.

Since I was having you eat 50 g protein and fat I'm assuming you are on the alternate diet, right?? So feel free to go up to 60 g fat on that, and you'll be able to "spend" some of that pro and fat on more grains and dairy and legumes and nuts to up cals. In addition, adding in high carb veg and fruit will help as they are free for protein and fat and are good sources of calories.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

1500-1800 calories!

Check out this list!

Complete list of 100-300 cal snacks and meal completers
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Here’s the reg link if that doesn’t work because I think Tapatalk is acting up with links

https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ompleters.html

I had it bookmarked in my phone to refer back to in the beginning. if you can add one or two things at 100cals to bump it up you’d be perfect!

Another thing I did was have a ton of fruit, LOL. That really helped up the calories without going over on protein or fat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ovulation Chart

Hot like Mexico, rejoice!
    At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose

- -
    Me: Alyssa, 31
    DH: Efrain, 31
    TTC a girl summer 2020!

BFP on 08/18 at 9 dpo! Due date May 2nd 2021!

Link to my sway:
    http://https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway-/81254-hotlikemexico-ttc-girl-sway-attempt.html#post1057291

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya Atomic,

You wanted me to eat 50g fat because my BMi is now 18.5. I started at 120lbs and am now down to 110lbs. I also have a history of an eating disorder though, thank goodness!! no problems with that now.
    You didnt want me to lose anymore weight. I am following the normal LE diet.

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok thanks for filling me in, please eat more in the realm of 60 g fat especially.

If you need to go to even as many as 4 meals, whatever it takes to keep weight on.

Since you're on the standard diet even better because that means you can have things like ice cream and other sources of sugary stuff to add more cals. There is no reason for you to only be eating 1200 cals. Eat more!