Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rephresh or Replens before BD?

There is so much info out there about when/how to use rephresh or replens, I am not sure what to do! I read Atomic Sagebrush's thread about it, which helped, but I am still a little confused. We plan to BD around midnight tonight (in 3 hours). It will be about 20-24 hours after my +OPK, but I feel my cervix getting firmer and my cm is getting sticky so I don't want to wait too much longer and minimize our chances of conceiving. I have both Rephresh and Replens. I used a tiny bit of Replens yesterday. My ph is about 4.5-5.0 right now. Which should I use and how long before BD? Then afterward if my ph rises above 5 I should use a bit again, right? We are also going to use Sylk, and I just took a Sudafed. Thank you thank you in advance!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump
    9 3

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I can remember reading, using sylk too close to bd will just kill off the sperm? I think RepHresh is better as it doesn't react in an adverse way just stabilises ph. Think people put in a bit an hour or so before attempt and then half an hour after... Or actually might be half and hour before and am hour or so after. Def not the full amount though!! Try not to worry about it, many say that ph doesn't sway in any case. Good Luck, hope this month is your month!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend rephresh 8 hrs or more before attempt, acijel 1-2 hrs before, and either 1-2 hours before or else as a lube for bd.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you use rephresh and replens or is sylk or any non sperm friendly lube ok?
    Mum to ::: and
    7 is my lucky number so that we get our, well as luck had it we had our 7th boy so one last time we may try for that girl when ds7 turns 1, please pray for us

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RepHresh is the one that is different, it keeps working for up to 3 days after use and chemically reacts to bring down the pH of stuff it comes into contact with.

Replens, Acijel, Sylk are all just bursts of very low pH that can then get diluted with higher pH stuff to kind of average out.

RepHresh = can actually cause a chemical reaction to bring the pH of semen/CM to 4.5 - 6 range good for TTC a girl

Other jellies = just combine with semen/CM to make an average of the two pH's and can get diluted

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you, so when using rephresh do you use it say the 1st and the 3rd or 1st then 4th, sorry if that sounds confusing i mean how do you count the days to re use it? I did a 2 day gap as my cm had started to rise in ph, so reapplied on the 3rd day is this right?
    7 is my lucky number so that we get our, well as luck had it we had our 7th boy so one last time we may try for that girl when ds7 turns 1, please pray for us

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just checked my cm and the rephresh has made it really white and sort of crumbly, like dried stick glue up there, is it supposed to be like that?
    Last edited by babygirl; March 20th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    just checked my cm and the rephresh has made it really white like dried stick glue up there, is it supposed to be like that?
    Oh gosh, this girl making thing is really glamorous huh. :-) I've only used it once and can't say I noticed a difference. Maybe google it?
    I was planning on using it before and after attempt but not in the days leading up.
    Also I've found the diet has changed my cm!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    thank you, so when using rephresh do you use it say the 1st and the 3rd or 1st then 4th, sorry if that sounds confusing i mean how do you count the days to re use it? I did a 2 day gap as my cm had started to rise in ph, so reapplied on the 3rd day is this right?
    It doesn't matter, more often = lower odds of conception, less often may be less effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast