Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vegan diabetic diet!

Hi Atomic or others,
    I read on another thread and can't find it now that you said if you were to sway again then you would do a vegan diabetic diet?

This appeals to me as it is very healthy and I can't have dairy.

If you were to follow this diet could you have some of the would be forbidden foods i.e potatoes tomatoes and more veg and beans? Otherwise it would be hard to know what to eat?

Thanks x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mentioned once that I am going to start a Vegan Diabetic Diet in June. I am breastfeeding so I am not going to go as extreme as some people. But everyone says stick to the girl foods... I believe having 1 small bite of fruit or veggie is ok just to treat any cravings. Try to limit any protein (beans) as little as possible, I think a women only needs like 20-25mg of protein a day, breast feeding or pregnant women need a little more. I have been looking carefully to see how I can spread the foods out so I have fruits, veggies, and protein at every meal.

Over all I think if you added the things you want in small servings you sould be ok, by small I mean golfball size or smaller. The first few weeks are the hardest but if you start with one meal at a time then it is so much easier.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks. What sort of things will you be eating?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twosweetlads View Post
    Hi Atomic or others,
    I read on another thread and can't find it now that you said if you were to sway again then you would do a vegan diabetic diet?

This appeals to me as it is very healthy and I can't have dairy.

If you were to follow this diet could you have some of the would be forbidden foods i.e potatoes tomatoes and more veg and beans? Otherwise it would be hard to know what to eat?

Thanks x
    I would TOTALLY eat a vegan diabetic diet if I was going to sway again. And in this instance, yes, absolutely you can and in fact should eat some foods like beans, tomatoes, and potatoes. If you are a big believer in the mineral theory you can track your mineral intake on Fitday to make sure you're not getting too much potassium (but I am not a big believer in the mineral theory so I wouldn't LOL!!) I would still limit sodium intake and skip breakfast.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou that is great. I was torn between the south beach diet but now you have said this Im going to do this instead. I just thought it would be so hard to do without beans and tomatoes. For eample at least you can make tomatoe and veg pasta or bean curry or chilli. I hope these sound ok?
    I love your input thanks x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very much like what I would eat. People are going to tell you to avoid tomatoes, but that is because they are very high in potassium and low in calcium. As long as you are watching your potassium in other ways, you can have the best of both worlds. There is nothing magic about tomatoes!!

The only thing to be aware of is that many tomato products are loaded with salt!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ