Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gluten Free/Low Carb diet to conceive girl??

Well, I have PCOS and am currently on day 82 or something of my cycle. I went to the dr and was started on Provera to take for 10 days and was given a prescription for 50mg Clomid. We are pretty desperate to have a girl but havinga baby at all isn't possible if my body doesn't even ovulate so I have been trying to lose weight and eat healthier. I have realized that I need to cut carbs some and eat even more veggies, high fiber and have been gluten free for almost a week now. Has anyone had to eat this way and still conceive a girl? I am not sure how to do this and get little nutrition at the same time.

*also, I took clomid to conceive with my first 2 boys and went the natural route to conceive my third son with things like inositol, vitex, etc. Obviously they aren't working this time which is why I have realized my diet probably plays a big role.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... It didn't work for me. I have two boys and have been gluten free for 10 years. However, a gf of mine has coeliac disease and has 3 girls.

I'm trying for a girl this time and have reintroduced gluten just to shake things up a bit.

I honestly don't think gluten free sways. :-/
    DS1 -
    DS2 -
    DS3 -

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A good friend of mine is gluten free and has two girls since she found out she was coeliac 4 years ago.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input! I'm pretty sure it probably doesn't sway curious but I am curious if there is a way to eat lower carb and sugar and gluten free and still sway? I know most of the recommended foods are high carb and sugar.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!! There ARE no recommended foods on LE Diet, there are foods that some of us have found that have worked for us but you don't NEED to eat them.

For PCOS, I have people limit grains to 2-3 servings of whole grains a day (so you would eat brown rice or something along those lines), increase protein to 50-60 g, eat the upper level of fat, and focus more on fruits and higher carb vegetables for calories, and then low carb veg is totally unlimited, you can have as much as you want with no limits. You can have whatever type of protein you like that will work for you, even meat, just as long as you stick to the 50-60 g.

The LE Diet is about staying within a certain range of nutrient intake, so by shifting the percentages around just a bit, you can still get enough nutrients while overall cutting back. You will be getting more of your calories from fat and protein, less from carbs, but it's STILL LE Diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you thank you! That is exactly how I am eating. More protein but not a whole lot of meat. More from beans and quinoa, sunflower seeds, etc that have lots of fiber also. Also watching portion size. For example, lunch was 2 scrambled eggs mixed with diced brussel sprouts, red and green bell peppers and dill all cooked in 1/2 tbsp of butter. Fingers crossed it works for me! Should start Clomid sometime in mid April and ovulate the beginning of May.