Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does IUI sway?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic Sagebrush, I would love to read the articles and/or studies that say IUI's sway blue. Do you have a link? I just had IUI #3 yesterday and I am again hopeful for a girl repeat. Would love to read more on the subject, thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for AS

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can't answer today due to lack of time but will try to get back with you, it is not as straightforward as that and will require a lengthy explanation.

Studies are just about meaningless when it comes to gender swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does IUI sway boy regardless of the man's sperm because of the wash? Or is the theory it sways blue a Shettles leftover? If I'm swaying pretty heavily blue and do IUI, is that a strong blue tactic?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Does IUI sway boy regardless of the man's sperm because of the wash? Or is the theory it sways blue a Shettles leftover? If I'm swaying pretty heavily blue and do IUI, is that a strong blue tactic?
    I'd say it would be! I am doing my first IUI this week with injectibles and i am terrified it sways blue (ttc girl). I think you're good if you are doing HE diet with it
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    It is likely a combo of the wash, and the fact that all the sperm are capacitated all at once (by the wash) and deposited up inside where they have an easier journey.

As you may recall, I have suspicion that something about sperm capacitation may be a mechanism for swaying.

But this is all speculation. The reason why I believe it sways is because I have seen studies in which they were allegedly investigating timing, and they gave the women who wanted girls Clomid and had them BD 3 days before O (which - I'd like to know how they predicted that since O is not even remotely predictable on Clomid, but I digress) and then the ones who wanted boys were unmedicated and they had IUI on O Day. Since timing has been debunked to my satisfaction (and there is NO WAY they could have actually predicted 3 days before O for the women on Clomid anyway) that leaves only the Clomid/IUI variables and I can't conclude anything other than that Clomid sways pink (which not only studies but subsequent results have shown yeah it does) and IUI sways blue. We haven't had enough results for blue swayers doing IUI (NOT AT HOME!!) to prove this yet but that's why I believe it does.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12