Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thyroid issues in men. Can it affect x sperm?

We think DH may have some thyroid problems. He is going to the doctor wednesday to get things checked out. Of course first thing that comes to mind is that if he does have a thyroid problem maybe it has been affecting his x sperm.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also if he does have to be put on thyroid medication would that sway girl or boy?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im not sure what kind of problems you are referring to but my DH had thyroid cancer. We conceived both of our daughters before his treatment and are currently expecting a boy. He had surgery to remove his thyroid and several infected glands in his neck as well as a heavy dose of radiation and now takes a thyroid medication daily. I was concerned that the radiation could have lowered his sperm count but other then that I dont think the treatment could effect him one way or the other. I personally dont think it would have an effect on x sperm vs y sperm but maybe just his sperm count in general..which we know can sway. Maybe you could have that checked?
    200720102013 Successful sway thanks to Gender Dreaming!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow your poor DH. So glad they got him treated!
    I am talking about hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. My husband has a family history of thyroid problems. He has been having issues with rapid weight gain and trouble losing weight in the past few years.

I guess I am just wondering if he does have a thyroid issue could that explain us having 3 boys in a row. I was thinking maybe it may be affecting his x sperm and maybe he had a higher y sperm count then x. He is active duty in the military and military docs are not always the greatest. So i am afraid if he does have a thyroid problem and it does affect x sperm and he doesn't get proper treatment then our next sway wouldn't mean much. I want to increase my chances any way possible.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a gal who had 2 girls back to back, then went 5 yrs or so trying & not getting pg. Her husband went to a doc, and found out he had a thyroid problem...pretty sure hypo. He got treated, and they have since had 3 more girls, back to back to back! So, I wouldn't worry about his thyroid swaying boy.

BTW, I really like the verses in your siggy. Clinging to those right now myself!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can affect sperm quality but there is absolutely nothing that has been proven to affect one type of sperm and not the other. They are just tiny cells and for most of their development, they are actually just one big XY cell that then divides twice to make 2 X and 2 Y sperm, so things that affect sperm development negatively, affect BOTH X and Y sperm. Whatever is swaying, it is almost certainly not something that is affecting just X sperm.

I really think you are barking up the wrong tree looking for a magic bullet solution. It just doesn't work that way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Also if he does have to be put on thyroid medication would that sway girl or boy?
    Most medications sway pink BUT if it was to put him in a better state of health, that woudl only help him make a lot of healthy sperm. It is irrelevant because he needs it for his health.

Just out of curiosity, had you been giving him a lot of soy for swayign??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Oh wow your poor DH. So glad they got him treated!
    I am talking about hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. My husband has a family history of thyroid problems. He has been having issues with rapid weight gain and trouble losing weight in the past few years.

I guess I am just wondering if he does have a thyroid issue could that explain us having 3 boys in a row. I was thinking maybe it may be affecting his x sperm and maybe he had a higher y sperm count then x. He is active duty in the military and military docs are not always the greatest. So i am afraid if he does have a thyroid problem and it does affect x sperm and he doesn't get proper treatment then our next sway wouldn't mean much. I want to increase my chances any way possible.
    I know you want a quick fix but it doesn't work that way. You are NEVER going to find one explanation as to why you have three boys (unless that explanation is "bad luck"). It may be a zillion different things and even a different batch of things all three times. I would be a lot more worried about how obsessing over things years in advance of your next sway could be raising your T levels.

NO man has a higher Y sperm count than X, at least not that we are aware of. We have had tons of men go in for sperm analysis and it's been about 50-50 every time.

RE your DH - it may even be something like what happens with PCOS ladies - many ladies with PCOS also have thyroid problems but it's the PCOS that sways, the thyroid has nothing to do with it (and may even sway pink for all we know.) So you could be getting all focused in on this thyroid thing and be missing something that could really help your sway.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH has thryroid issues (no thyroid and takes synthroid which is somewhat tied to testosterone production I suppose) and he has fathered 7 sons but I just don't think the meds/thyroid stuff is what gave us so many boys.

So many boy moms just have husbands that are all over the map as far as weight, personality, workout regimes, smoking, drinking etc so I wouldn't focus all too much on DH..imo