Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Worried about PH...?

I have just tested my CM PH for the first time this week and got a reading of 5-6.
    I used the aci-jel as a test to see what happens..... The box said to use one applicator full twice a day.
    I did this the first day and there was no real change in the reading still around 5.
    The following day I used it only in the morning still no change in reading.
    As AF is due any day I did not keep up with the full applicator twice a day as I did not want to disturb anything.
    Today I used none and still had a reading of 5-6. Would this be because AF is due?
    It seems the aci-jel has done nothing for me!?!
    Has anyone had this problem?
    What is the next best option... douce or try rephfresh?
    I have been taking supplements for at least 3-4 months and on diet strict for past 5 weeks.
    Wanted to TTC at the end of the month? Shall I wait ... I really don't want to but what to do?? This readings have me worried.
    My DH PH is 9.He has only just started supplements 2 weeks ago as I only found this website 2 weeks ago.
    Has anyone had this same problem with PH? Any suggestions??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed the same thing the first few times I used the gels..... after the 3 time it changed. Maybe it is going to take a few more time but you could try a lime douche after AF and then wait a day or two and use acejel, wait a few days to test your ph.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I noticed the same thing the first few times I used the gels..... after the 3 time it changed. Maybe it is going to take a few more time but you could try a lime douche after AF and then wait a day or two and use acejel, wait a few days to test your ph.
    Thanks that is good to know. I will try again after AF. I didn't like to keep going because I knew AF is due... just in case!!
    Ok great I will try the douche and the acijel combined TC after AF as we want to start TTC conceive ASAP and see what happens.
    Still worried about my husbands PH of 9. I think I will test it again was maybe a once off thing!!! Some how think rephresh would be better in his case. I might try this too closer to BD!! Maybe is overkill. We are going to do frequent BD with 3-2 day cut off.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Caty View Post
    I have just tested my CM PH for the first time this week and got a reading of 5-6.
    I used the aci-jel as a test to see what happens..... The box said to use one applicator full twice a day.
    I did this the first day and there was no real change in the reading still around 5.
    The following day I used it only in the morning still no change in reading.
    As AF is due any day I did not keep up with the full applicator twice a day as I did not want to disturb anything.
    Today I used none and still had a reading of 5-6. Would this be because AF is due?
    It seems the aci-jel has done nothing for me!?!
    Has anyone had this problem?
    What is the next best option... douce or try rephfresh?
    I have been taking supplements for at least 3-4 months and on diet strict for past 5 weeks.
    Wanted to TTC at the end of the month? Shall I wait ... I really don't want to but what to do?? This readings have me worried.
    My DH PH is 9.He has only just started supplements 2 weeks ago as I only found this website 2 weeks ago.
    Has anyone had this same problem with PH? Any suggestions??
    Your higher pH may have been because AF was due. pH can be a finicky thing.

Also, sometimes your body needs time to adjust to the Acijel - if it sees the Acijel as a "foreign invader" it may produce higher pH mucus, trying to wash it away. I actually think you may be using too much Acijel. It may have caused a bit of inflammation that raised your pH.

Please read the Rephresh/Replens/Acijel essay if you haven't already, it has more about doses and how often you might want to use these products. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-and-RepHresh

Your DH does have high pH THIS one time you tested him. Check him a few more times, he may have just eaten something that made his pH go up. IF it stays high, he may want to see a doctor just to rule out any infection (some kinds of infections can cause high pH in the semen). If he gets a clean bill of health, give him some baby aspirin and have him drink aspartame and it should go down.

Have you lost any weight? My pH dropped very quickly just from losing weight with no other changes (although it didn't help me conceive a girl).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks that is good to know. I will try again after AF. I didn't like to keep going because I knew AF is due... just in case!!
    Ok great I will try the douche and the acijel combined TC after AF as we want to start TTC conceive ASAP and see what happens.
    Still worried about my husbands PH of 9. I think I will test it again was maybe a once off thing!!! Some how think rephresh would be better in his case. I might try this too closer to BD!! Maybe is overkill. We are going to do frequent BD with 3-2 day cut off.
    I personally like RepHresh best because it will react with the semen to bring pH down. But you're right, it may be too much of a good thing and you've been so good with taking your supps and doing diet, I hope you can get pregnant quickly before you get too sick of doing the diet!! (Some ladies get so tired of the diet that they give up after awhile.)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Your higher pH may have been because AF was due. pH can be a finicky thing.

Also, sometimes your body needs time to adjust to the Acijel - if it sees the Acijel as a "foreign invader" it may produce higher pH mucus, trying to wash it away. I actually think you may be using too much Acijel. It may have caused a bit of inflammation that raised your pH.

Please read the Rephresh/Replens/Acijel essay if you haven't already, it has more about doses and how often you might want to use these products. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-and-RepHresh

Your DH does have high pH THIS one time you tested him. Check him a few more times, he may have just eaten something that made his pH go up. IF it stays high, he may want to see a doctor just to rule out any infection (some kinds of infections can cause high pH in the semen). If he gets a clean bill of health, give him some baby aspirin and have him drink aspartame and it should go down.

Have you lost any weight? My pH dropped very quickly just from losing weight with no other changes (although it didn't help me conceive a girl).
    Thank you Atomic. AF has arrived today!! Once it has finished I will start testing again and see what it is.
    We want to try TTC this cycle this is all new to me I only found your website 2 weeks ago and was only planning on doing a vinegar douche. My OB gave me a TTC girl plan and it included the vinegar douche but after reading about these other products I thought I'd give them a try.
    I feel like I am cutting it fine as have not really tried these products out succesfully yet. After reading all the posts I think I am going to go for the rephresh. So I am going out this morning to see if I can find it am living in Australia so not sure on it's availability.
    I hope to use it as soon as AF stops and full applicator every 3 days up to cutoff then the 1/2 applicator 12 hr before DTD. We plan on doing frequent BD with a 2-3 day cut off.
    What are your thoughts on a vinegar douche I have been reading a lot on here about lime douching??
    I have lost approx 4lbs. I weigh 110pds so the weight is coming off slowly I am literally not eating to lose this weight by the way!!! Mhh yeh must test DH again I wonder why this is I'm on to it!!
    In regards to the baby asprin for DH what type of dosage should I be giving him and how long after taking it would I expect to see his PH down???
    Thank you
    Last edited by Caty; May 20th, 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. AF has arrived today!! Once it has finished I will start testing again and see what it is.
    We want to try TTC this cycle this is all new to me I only found your website 2 weeks ago and was only planning on doing a vinegar douche. My OB gave me a TTC girl plan and it included the vinegar douche but after reading about these other products I thought I'd give them a try.
    I feel like I am cutting it fine as have not really tried these products out succesfully yet. After reading all the posts I think I am going to go for the rephresh. So I am going out this morning to see if I can find it am living in Australia so not sure on it's availability.
    I hope to use it as soon as AF stops and full applicator every 3 days up to cutoff then the 1/2 applicator 12 hr before DTD. We plan on doing frequent BD with a 2-3 day cut off.
    What are your thoughts on a vinegar douche I have been reading a lot on here about lime douching??
    I have lost approx 4lbs. I weigh 110pds so the weight is coming off slowly I am literally not eating to lose this weight by the way!!! Mhh yeh must test DH again I wonder why this is I'm on to it!!
    In regards to the baby asprin for DH what type of dosage should I be giving him and how long after taking it would I expect to see his PH down???
    Thank you
    Wow what a nice OB. A lot of people's OB's are sort of douches themselves about gender swaying and not very supportive!!

1)Your pH will prob. be quite low after AF is over but this does not indicate what your pH will be at ovulation and sadly doesn't count. ONLY your pH at ovulation matters because the regular secretions of the vagina are very low in pH regardless of what you eat or drink.

2)I like your RepHresh plan, if you can't find it you can also use Acijel which should be available in Aus.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-and-RepHresh

3)I am EH on douching. I think it's a lot of hassle, mess, and stress when you can just use a jelly instead. For me, I think the prepackaged vinegar douche is a hell of a lot more sanitary and easier than the lime, if one MUST douche. In case you haven't seen it, here's the how-to post about douching. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ching-TTC-Pink

4)Great work on the weight loss. I am prob. repeating myself but a pound (or 4) for a person who is already thin, sways harder than it does for a heavier person because it's a higher % of your body.

5)For DH jsut have him take one baby aspirin every day. His pH should go down pretty much right away but it's never going to be super low, semen pH just doesn't GO super low. Also you can have him drink some aspartame, it will help.

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, how long should dh take 1 baby aspirin for, just around attempt? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The longer the better, so if he's willing, have him take it just like a supp (although he may want to only take it every other day or two if it makes him prone to bleeding). But it will give benefits for lowering pH even if he only takes it a few times just prior to yoru attempt.