Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any else not want to get their hopes up?

Every time I feel optimistic that I will get my DD I keep having to remind myself it is not 100%, and then I tell myself that I will probably have another DS. Not that wouldn't adore another DS, but I feel like these back and forth thoughts are sort of a buzz kill.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I go back and forth feeling really excited thinking I could very well get a girl but then feeling sad that I probably won't. Thinking this was does make me sometimes think why should I even bother doing the diet and all the swaying stuff as it sounds very full on and very tiring especially when some people say swaying just doesn't work. I so want to be in the position where its me being told I have a girl (everyone around me has or is having a girl). I wouldn't be swaying for a while so I am going to keep an eye on what people actually get when doing a full on diet/supplement/etc sway. I guess though you have to try in order to possibly get your girl but be prepared and totally happy to have another boy (or a third boy in my case!!).

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel exactly the same, my heart tells me one think and my head tells me another. Ive tried to convince myself its another ds but then i keep thinking what if it is my dd?! It doesent help that dh and my mum are both convinced for some reason that its a dd and i have to keep telling them not to say it as im worried ill dissapoint everyone if its not. I have a lot of similar symptons as ive had before and a few new ones so trying not to look into things to much. Im so scared as to find out as at the moment there is still some hope but if i find out its another ds then i have nothing else to cling onto do u get what i mean?
    I wouldnt have tried for another baby if i wasnt ok with the gender either way but now im in this situation i feel very anxious. This is my last baby so all is riding on this for me. I dont think i would be lucky enough to get my dd and thats why im trying not to get my hopes up, this is so difficult, nice to know im not the only one feeling like this
    xxx
    2003 2007 TTC BFP 9 dpo EDD 28th december 2011 for a healthy baby

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto! UGH...Some days are really rough b/c I, like many of you, have everything riding on this one last baby...After this, it's all over and the finality of it is what is tough. If it's not a girl, I will always have that sad, empty place in my heart. But.......we could have a girl and I'm doing my best to do what I can to sway the odds & try to take it moment by moment if not day by day. You are definitely not alone in this and unless you are going through this, you have no clue how gut-wrenching it can be. Sending all of you Mamas TONs of PINK DUST and HUGS!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely! Even though this will be our first baby, I still want to have my DD so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. However, I wouldn't mind having three DDs!!! My husband would literally faint if he had three daughters...he is itching for a son. It doesn't help in trying to keep my hopes down when my sister told me that she has a strong feeling that my first will be a girl
    Expecting #1 in April 2012! It's a !

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so get this. I haven't started ttc yet and some days I wonder whether I should bother because I feel sure that I won't be one of the lucky ones and I'll be even more disappointed because I'll have tried so hard!

K x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I sometimes picture everything going perfectly and getting twin girls... so I can have 2B and 2G. I am only having one more pregnancy so twins would be great. Most of the time I just pray for at least 1 girl, I would be happy with B G twins.

But then I worry that God is laughing at me and is going to give me twin or even triple boys... I have changed so much in my life lately that having a girl would make it worth it.

But in the end I would be happy with whatever because this will be my first planned pregnancy and at least I tried and spent many months preping my body.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I sometimes picture everything going perfectly and getting twin girls... so I can have 2B and 2G. I am only having one more pregnancy so twins would be great.
    OMG....Twin girls would be better than winning the lottery...We'd then also have 2 boys & 2 girls and I would be completely over the moon!!! Actually, I think having just one girl would be better than winning the lottery though...I'm not asking for much, lol!

BTW PP, It always sounds like you're doing great w/your sway so I think you're doing everything you can to tip the balance toward PINK.
    Last edited by Out of the Blue; May 20th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I would love to have my 2 boys and also to get 2 girls (twins) as I really like the thought of each sex having the same sex brother or sister for company when they get older. My older sister and sister in law have one girl and one boy each and man they fight like crazy. I really don't think they are close at all now or will be close when they get older. My husband and his sister are not close at all. My twin sister had twin boys first and then recently a little girl. I have seen her with her twins and man two at the same time is such hard work. I really don't know if I would have the patience for twins but twin girls would be so great to have that sisterly bond. If I was lucky enough to have a girl I know that I would feel sad she didn't have a sister for that sisterly bond so twin girls would be such a blessing. But I know that this isn't going to happen. I would most likely end up with twin boys!! I think having 2 boys though is going to be good. My older sons (4 years old) loves his little brother so I have my fingers crossed that they won't fight as much as their cousins and actually like each other and get on!!

I have a question though - my new son is 3 and a half months old and due to my age we will have to try for another baby within the next year. I am really worried that even if I got my girl it wouldn't be as enjoyable if I would also have quite a young child to be looking after as well as a new born. Its so hard now getting up at night to a new baby but doing this as well as tending to a young child waking in the night (and juggling daytime activities i.e. feeding baby and looking after the young child) might actually do me in!! So for you ladies with 3 or more children or that have had babies very close together how hard is it juggling a new baby and a young child? Its freaking me out that even with a girl it will be so hard and just not as enjoyable as if I have had a girl for our second child?
    Last edited by jude17; May 20th, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jude17 - I actually found baby number 3 the easiest of the bunch and he just fit in. My parenting style was much different with him I think, far more instinctive. I always say I turned hippy with him! Oh - and I've lowered my expectations a lot! We're often late (which for most things really doesn't matter!) and we don't 'do' much except hang out and go for walks. It's a lovely life really

K x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast