Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Question

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coffee Question

I am up from 5:30am-10pm everyday all week long and for the passed several years... no break except the few days after my ear drum ruptured and I was deaf.

But I am wondering about coffee. I tried to stop drinking it because I only drink 1 cup a day but quitting is not working and after a few days I have a montser headache. If I only drink the 1 cup with aspartame, and a lot of powder coffeemate (120 calories but no sodium, sugar, or protein) would it be ok for the sway??? It is the only caffeine I get all day.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was drinking 1 cup of coffee a day with lot of sugar and I got my 2 girls. I know so many women with daughter(s) who are drinking coffee regularly.
    IMHO, 1 small cup won't harm your sway if the rest of your life style is girl friendly. Coffee ( or caffeine for that matter) blocks the absorption of Calcium and so you excrete it. Maybe you can take some extra Calcium if it will make you feel better
    And another thing about coffee is that is mildly acidifying, and with milk and sugar ( or aspartame) not so mildly! LOL!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm planning on keeping my morning cup of coffee too. It's the only coffee I drink all day - and I didn't do it before when I conceived the 3 boys!

K x

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drank a ton of coffee in the morning when I conceived my girls....no breakfast, because the giant cup (probably about 2 cups worth together) made me not hungry till noon or so.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So maybe I can go back to the 2 cups of coffee like I was several months ago.....I used to hate coffee and did not start drinking it until DS2 was born. I was drinking it at 6am and about 10am so I could stay awake since DS1 doesn't take naps anymore. It did help to keep me from eating to early or snacking.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I think coffee is fine for a pink sway. My mom lives on coffee and tea and always has, and I've talked to literally dozens of girl moms who were huge caffeine junkies. Cut back as much as you can but even the FGD allowed one cup of coffee/tea a day!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey PP I also have a 1 to 2 cups in the morning with artificial sweetner and a lot of Organic Non-fat milk. It really helps me to get to 12 without wanting to eat!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple if it gives you yet another vote of confidence, I drank a TON of coffee before getting pregnant with both of my girls. Like Lola I'd have a big ol' mug, sometimes two, and not eat breakfast because it just kept me going.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So glad to read this...I love my coffee in the morning too....I didn't drink coffee when I got pregnant with my boys...I only started drinking it after DS2 was born... I find it so much easier to skip breakfast and not eat until noon when I have 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning....I don't feel so guilty anymore!!!
    Me-Gina
    age 37
    DH- 38
    DD: Nov 14

Ectopic Angel Sept 25,2011

After a hard 2011, I am looking forward to a great 2012

Thanks to gender dreaming for all the support! Our little miracle Makalee joined our family Nov 14, our family is complete and all my dreams came true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So happy and doing better the last few days... coffee at 7am and 10am. I have been able to function so much better. I have even caught up on some chores. I eat at noon and 6pm and a little snack at 9pm. DS2 is still nursing 4x's a day and is growing right on target.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast