Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Last attempt, need advice...

So after one more attempt, DH will call it quits for ttc. Today, I just started spotting again at 12 DPO (my usual spotting day) and a BFN on a cheapie pregnancy stick after being in the 2WW on our 3rd attempt. I thought for sure this would be my month for a BFP and that my sway was good, not too strict. Now we're down to the last attempt and I just want to get pregnant. It took 4-5 cycles of trying with my first, one with my 2nd son, but now I'm in my late 30's and it doesn't seem like it'll get easier.

Both DH and I are over 35, so we don't want to do abstain and hubby can't manage FR either. My sway diet has been modest. I skipped breakfast and didn't snack for about two weeks. Our last BD was at +OPK. We did a hurry up release since I O'd earlier than I thought and an earlier attempt 2 days before our +OPK. I also took baby aspirin twice a week, antihistamine with cetirizine a few days before O and through it, and used Sylk lube. I also drank only Dasani water, some crystal light around O days, raspberry leaf during AF time then switched to peppermint tea after AF-O, and pure cranberry juice. I tried to keep to the diet a few days after suspected O too.

Are there any elements of this I should drop, add, or change to up my fertility and have a sticky bean without compromising my pink sway too much? I also have three days of spotting before my period, so I'm wondering if I should be including 50 mg of B6 vitamin (and if so, when, how long, and how often before BD?) Also, I'm thinking of dropping Sylk as a lube and I know pre-seed sways blue but would it be a good idea to use pre-seed in conjunction with my pink sway diet and supps? Lastly, would it be safe to take Saw Palmetto, Vitex, and a B6 complex from AF-through the next AF until I try in November?

For those of you ladies who have been TTC for a while and finally got pregnant, what did you do differently?

Thank you so much for reading this far and for any advice... Last attempt, I really want to get pregnant and don't think DH will change his mind about trying more.
    Last edited by belledandy; September 29th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I think that limiting yourself to 4 cycles is giving up too soon, but it's your life not mine. It is averaged that it can take some healthy couples up to a year to conceive. I am on cycle 6 or 7 of ttc a boy and I too am frustrated, but I am not limiting myself at this point. While some people get pg on the first month it can take many months for others. Atomic may suggest you drop the sylk. It took dh and I close to a year to conceive dd1 and dd2 happened the first month we tried, it is different for everyone. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get your girl.
    2010 2011

one day &

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't want to limit myself, but my DH just does not want to ttc anymore after this and we finally made a compromise after a year and half of me trying hard to convince him to try for a 3rd after our 2nd son was born. I really wish he would let me try longer but it is out of my hands. It takes two to tango...
    Last edited by belledandy; September 28th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't mean for my post to sound snarky, if it did I am sorry. I had to talk dh into ttc#2 (dd2) and ttc#3, so I know what you mean. What about the see what happens approach, is that off the table? Are you going to be on BC after this last attempt? I really do hope you get pg and get your girl.
    2010 2011

one day &

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't been on BC since college and we've never accidentally gotten pregnant since then (over 10 years?), but here's to hoping if this last attempt doesn't work. I'm ready to drop almost all of my pink sway factors except diet and add more fertile friendly elements.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry, I started to answer this and must have got interrupted, my answer was still in the autosave.

that is still what I would consider a strict sway.

I would have you drop everything except diet and add in preseed. I would also do SMEP to up odds of conception. I know it's not much of a sway but if you don't get pg you have no chance of a daughter at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ