Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uk ladies - let's help each other!

I thought it would be a good idea to list any products people have found as it's so confusing to try and get some of the US things discussed on here. I have been buying. . .
    Quark cream cheese - tesco
    Low fat cottage cheese - tesco
    Low fat natural yogurt - tesco ( but I'd love to hear if anyone has bought any tasty yogurts!)
    ryvitas or ryvitas cracker bread - tesco
    Virtually fat free fromage frais - tesco
    I also bought a really nice lavender body lotion from holland and Barrett

I'd also love to hear from anyone who has eaten out and ht hey chose from the menu!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have anything to add yet (I'm starting the diet at the beginning of June!) but love the idea for the thread!

Oooh, actually I do have a suggestion - I'm not keen on having to get hold of Crystal Light (particularly as everyone says it's yuck!) so I wondered about having no added sugar blackcurrant or summer fruits squash, which has aspartame in it. Atomic said it was fine and it seems to have a low pH made up with normal tap water. Also I read somewhere on here that Tonic Water has a testosterone lowering ingredient and slimline tonic has aspartame in it too, so I'm going to see what that tastes like with cranberry juice (and I might even add the odd vodka to it on a Saturday night!).

Kelly x

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not starting my diet yet either, but have seen some nice looking frozen raspberries and things in Sainsburys

already started peppermint tea with a little Canderel sweetener that contains aspartame

which milk is everyone buying?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'm going to drink rice milk - I tried it in my tea this week and it didn't taste at all, made for quite a nice cuppa!!

K x

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been drinking skimmed milk from tesco, I haven't checked the potassium levels! I did buy rice milk but it was quite high in salt and I didn't want to use my salt intake on that! Rainbow, thanks for the canderel tip, I'm going o put thar in my yogurt - yum! It's so hard to spend time label looking in the supermarket with kids in tow! Zanacal, I'm going to look out for squash, let me know if you find a good one, crystal light is disgusting and I can't bring myself to drink it, p,us it's hard to hide a lurid pink mixture in my fridge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol Swish - your comment about hiding it made me laugh :P
    I think Splenda also contained aspartame, but I don't remember why I chose the one I did!

I remember someone saying that "Skinny cow" ice cream was good too?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oooh good plan, asda do good to yourself (i think thats thier brand) rice cakes which have no salt. also if anyone has a 'lets eat' branch near them its a sandwhich type dine in bakery which sells american food. They sell crystal light in there. i lived in America and couldnt stand it then, so wont be drinking it but may drink it on holiday in Florida this September since if i dont fall pregnant first attemp (which is a likelyhood) i need to try and stay focused with all the steak and chips around. i havent found low salt bread but my mum has a bread machine i am going to steal.
    Being a mum is amazing, My boys are my world but i am desperate for a little pink company <3

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great ideas! I'm definately going to check out skinny cow ice cream, I'm feeling very deprived of treats!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried a Yakult Light today - somebody suggested it as an alternative to taking acidophilis and the 'light' version has aspartame in it. I thought it would be awful but it was ok, really really sweet so good if you're missing sweet things.

I've been sampling different types of crackers with Dairylea Light cheese slices this evening lol!

Kelly x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm from the uk and I'm not doing a strict diet but when you are desperate I find the baby section really good as all the goodies organic is salt free. The crisps and flavoured rice cakes are good. Rude health rice crispies are salt free and franks diabetic ice cream is good (both in sainsburies or waitrose).
    x

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast