Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BD timing and frequency

I know that it isn't proven at all that timing sways but it is suggested that it may just slightly in some women and that FR or abstaining may sway. My question is, does dtd 4 days in a row including ovulation day sway at all? To be specific, we dtd yesterday (5 days before O) then skipped today (got too busy) and are planning on dtd every day for the next four days which includes O day. Will it mess up our chances dtd on O day? Will dtd 4 days in a row even lower his sperm count? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we call that "frequent BD" (a variation of FR), although normally it's 7+ days in a row...
    it will lower sperm count, not as much as over a longer period, though. If you wanted to salvage it CFR might be an option for you

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok we may try that then. What about dtd on O day, is it a bad idea?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think that frequency has not gotten the results to justify its existence. One attempt in the fertile window has gotten great results, and thus I hesitate to see anyone doing several attempts like you are describing. I would stick with what you've already done (the attempt 5 DBO) because that's unlikely to achieve pregnancy, and then another attempt 1 DBO.

Attempting on O Day doesn't sway blue, but it is lower odds of conception with one attempt. Better shot DTD 1 DBO
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can't do frequent release/BD 7 days in a row before the EARLIEST attempt that could possibly get you pregnant, then it's not frequent release/BD. I really advise against what you're thinking of doing, I think it will sway blue for you.

Stick with one unprotected attempt from here on in. whether you ahve your husband release on his own or not is up to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I personally think that frequency has not gotten the results to justify its existence. One attempt in the fertile window has gotten great results, and thus I hesitate to see anyone doing several attempts like you are describing. I would stick with what you've already done (the attempt 5 DBO) because that's unlikely to achieve pregnancy, and then another attempt 1 DBO.

Attempting on O Day doesn't sway blue, but it is lower odds of conception with one attempt. Better shot DTD 1 DBO
    sorry for jumping in, but I just want to ask to clarify... I agree that the 1 attempt results are looking great BUT those are all from women who were (almost certainly) all doing lowering of some sort? so perhaps that has helped those results to some degree? (could create a row for number of attempts + lowering (one of FR, FBD, abstain, and CFR) and a row for number of attempts without lowering ("other"))? although saying that even most of those who said "other" will still doing SOME sort of lowering such as FR for 5 days or abstain then 2 attempts...
    Last edited by rainbowflower; October 21st, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response Atomic. I may do what you suggest then. I'm just really wanting a baby and was thinking of giving myself the best possible shot at catching the egg on the first try. I know in the end though I may be disappointed that I didn't try harder to get a girl.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    sorry for jumping in, but I just want to ask to clarify... I agree that the 1 attempt results are looking great BUT those are all from women who were (almost certainly) all doing lowering of some sort? so perhaps that has helped those results to some degree? (could create a row for number of attempts + lowering (one of FR, FBD, abstain, and CFR) and a row for number of attempts without lowering ("other"))? although saying that even most of those who said "other" will still doing SOME sort of lowering such as FR for 5 days or abstain then 2 attempts...
    Well at least one person wasn't doing any kind of pattern at all - ME. Boy frequency, one attempt, result, girl.

Look everyone, I made those frequency patterns up 2 years ago trying to think up ways to lower sperm numbers. There is nothing even remotely proven about them and the results have been much worse than the amount of trouble that they are causing for people. It's time to let them go and try something different and see if we get better results. No one should feel wedded to something that I pulled out of my butt 2 years ago.

To answer the specific question, the two timing and frequency patterns that are almost always done with one attempt, the O+12 and the CFR, have pretty close to identical success rates of the one attempt (not a huge sample size but still). The frequency patterns that are more often done with more than one attempt, are getting disappointing results. In the meantime people who didn't even DO frequency, or at least didn't do it "right", are getting about 75%.

It's not just the stats that make me think this, either. It's many hours of my experience where people struggle incessantly with these frequency patterns getting BFN after BFN, and other times when on paper people did everything right, and I had them keep frequency and start adding attempts and the result was an opposite. It makes NO sense to continue doing frequency when it's inhibiting pregnancy and causing stress for people. IT'S NOT WORKING.

The stats and my personal experience with people who had great sways but didn't get pregnant and ended up adding attempts and then conceiving boys (and even some blue swayers who had great attempts but insisted on keeping the one attempt at O Shettles timing and got girl opposites), lead me to believe that it's the one attempt swaying and not the frequency. I think this is being supported by our experiences with the stats and due date groups, because we were not getting super great results for awhile there and pretty much right away when I started pushing keeping the one attempt, we started getting better results.

Do I KNOW this, no, not yet, it's a theory just like frequency patterns were a theory. But unlike frequency patterns, I feel like I have a fair amount of data and experience for making the recommendation. I can't always even verbalize why I think this, because I talk to at this point thousands of people but I remember tons of stuff and that's where I draw the data on which I base my conclusions. It's SO much more than one stats thread.

I don't know why it is, it may have nothing to even DO with one attempt, it may be the stress of frequency raising T levels for people or that it takes them longer to get pg and they give up on other stuff that sways harder, but we have to try it with just one attempt and without frequency and see waht happens.

Could I be wrong, oh yeah certainly. But I feel like I have a WAYY better handle on this than I do the frequency patterns. Either way, it boils down to "something atomic made up" and to my way of thinking, I hope that it makes sense to people to do "something atomic made up" now with 2 extra years of experiences under my belt vs. "something atomic made up" 2 years ago!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 24th, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I'm sorry to gate crash this thread but I'm a newbie and would really appreciate if you could let me know if I've read this right as some if the code words I'm still slow with,
    So I'm on 4/5 days before ov, should I release hubby every day now until ov, but not BD, then on ov day BD? Just the once? Shall I release him first? Or shall we BD more than once that day?
    Apologies if I sound a bit silly asking what might of clearly been stated above, being a newbie is hard keeping up to speed!
    If anyone else can help out with this is really appreciate it!
    Xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, is it ok to dtd with a condom until positive opk (for the one attempt)?
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast