Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TMI DTD and vagi-funk lol

I was curious but dh and i have been togather for 15 years and i noticed from the first time we had unprotected sex that if i just wiped and went to sleep the next day i have a nasty fishy odor.This never happens with protected sex or if he does not finish.I also dont notice it if we dtd early in the day and im up walking around its really just over night.Could this be a sign that his semen is making my ph jump really high or something?
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    I was curious but dh and i have been togather for 15 years and i noticed from the first time we had unprotected sex that if i just wiped and went to sleep the next day i have a nasty fishy odor.This never happens with protected sex or if he does not finish.I also dont notice it if we dtd early in the day and im up walking around its really just over night.Could this be a sign that his semen is making my ph jump really high or something?
    sex + fishy smell usually = bacterial vaginosis. It sounds bad but what it is is an overgrowth of bad bacteria and less good bacteria in the vaginal canal. I've had it before and to be honest I think I may be fighting it off again as we type...LOL
    I try to take lots of probiotics and sometimes use a clove of garlic up my...erm...hoohaa for a couple nights in a row. Garlic is antibacterial and doesn't kill the good stuff. I also use hydrogen peroxide down there as well...kinda tingles but it also kills the bad bacteria. These are also the things I use to get rid of unwanted GBS during pregnancy as well. Also- ACV works at ridding bacteria. Hope this helps!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not BV as i have had that before and that odor never went away no matter how much i showered yuck! Plus i have had 6 babies in this period and my dr tests for bv and i have always been negative.I seriously think it does something to my ph.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have to agree that it DEF sounds like BV. I have had it like 10x with my first pregnancy....I could NEVER seem to get rid of it no matter what and it always came back, I think it could have to do with your pH being messed up (esp if you are swaying)....

popping in a clove of garlic has always done the trick for me as well.
    4, 3, for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so i did google this and seeing how its not possible i have had bv for 16 years lol it seems that its just the normal vg flora and the semen growing bacteria and its pretty common. Laying down all night the left over deposit just is prime for growing funk and like i said i do not notice the smell when im up and walking around after because all the semen is coming out.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so i did google this and seeing how its not possible i have had bv for 16 years lol it seems that its just the normal vg flora and the semen growing bacteria and its pretty common. Laying down all night the left over deposit just is prime for growing funk and like i said i do not notice the smell when im up and walking around after because all the semen is coming out.
    YAY! That makes me feel better! I have had this after leaving the semen inside of me all night long as well and I automatically assumed that it was BV. It's good to know...thank you
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah when you have bv the odor never goes away and sex and your af tend to make it worse but like i said this was only when i would sleep all night after only quickly wiping off.It makes sense!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried testing your pH in the morning after BD unprotectedly?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Have you tried testing your pH in the morning after BD unprotectedly?
    No i have never done that....it would probably say "Ph is off the charts high please begin shopping for blue crib bedding" lol I should though!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No i have never done that....it would probably say "Ph is off the charts high please begin shopping for blue crib bedding" lol I should though!
    Hilarious! You never know.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast