Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The other thing that just occured to me, is if Vitex works by balancing your hormones, if you are taking something that is lowering your estrogen (DIM etc), would it cause the Vitex to work in a way that we don't want.

I know its super hard to have a bunch of boys and feel the need to change drastically, because I for one, read the "how we got our boys" and I DON'T relate at ALL so to me skipping breakfast or eating low calorie isn't going to cut the mustard because I have done that 5 times naturally and it gave me baby boys so it seems something else is going on, so I too look to the hormones such as estrogen and testosterone and think I need to lower their ratios in my body...but on the other hand, I don't want to take a supplement that will inadvertently deliver a baby boy on a silver platter either. Just be careful. xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    The inositol seems to me works for PCOS women because it improves their insulin response, which makes their ovaries churn out the right hormones and allows them to lose weight...this lowering their testosterone (which can be done simply by losing weight and improving insulin resistance through diet, kwim). So if you did not HAVE wonky ovaries or insulin resistance to begin with, I don't know if this supplement would DO anythnig that couldn't be accomplished just by diet alone. (thinking out loud here, not discouraging you in any way). I do think lowering estrogen and testosterone is important but sometimes I think just balancing them rather than reducing is enough, ie by raising progesterone/lowering T through tried and true things like Vitex/sawpalemetto. The pcos women lowered their T, just because their insulin respsonse was improved and they lost weight, the inosotol didnt' lower T...thats how it seems to ME. But I don't know much about it AT ALL
    DIM is also interesting but its hard not to notice how many BODYBUILDERS use this supp, as a way of lowering estrogen so they can INCREASE their testosterone...the same balance I was saying above.
    I just hate to see a supplement possibly make things WORSE and inadvertently sway blue...when things like diet, vitex, etc actually really and truly for sure reduce testosterone, balance the estrogen in relation to progesterone etc
    yeah, DIM is a no-go for me for that very reason. the myoinositol seemed like a good thing though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    The other thing that just occured to me, is if Vitex works by balancing your hormones, if you are taking something that is lowering your estrogen (DIM etc), would it cause the Vitex to work in a way that we don't want.

I know its super hard to have a bunch of boys and feel the need to change drastically, because I for one, read the "how we got our boys" and I DON'T relate at ALL so to me skipping breakfast or eating low calorie isn't going to cut the mustard because I have done that 5 times naturally and it gave me baby boys so it seems something else is going on, so I too look to the hormones such as estrogen and testosterone and think I need to lower their ratios in my body...but on the other hand, I don't want to take a supplement that will inadvertently deliver a baby boy on a silver platter either. Just be careful. xx
    I'm not sure that vitex does work by balancing hormones though. I'm not sure I believe in "balance", it sounds like something made up to sell vitamins, if you see what I mean. Our bodies are always in a state of flux that is normal and natural...kinda like saying, if your stomach is half-empty it's in "balance" and there's something wrong when it's full or empty...no, that's just part and parcel of having a stomach. Part and parcel of being a woman is that our estrogen and progesterone are always rising and falling - I'm just not buying the "balance" jazz. (sorry I don't mean that to sound in any way discouraging.)

Dominant females will have more boys regardless of what they eat. A tribe of women who all eat the same/similar foods, some of em will have boys and others girls, but it's non-food cues from the environment doing it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabird View Post
    I'm copying this from another thread as a good product for pink, because it received Atomic's thumbs-up!

Activia Fiber yogurt (vanilla & cereal flavor):

Calories: 110 (15 from fat)
    Total fat: 2g (1g is saturated)
    Sodium: 60mg
    Potassium: 150mg
    Total carbs: 19g (dietary fiber 3g; sugars 16g)
    Protein: 3g
    Calcium: 15% daily value for a 2,000 calorie diet

There is an Activia Light, but while it has fewer calories, no fat and a trace amount of aspartame, it has more sodium, more potassium and more protein. So I figured the Fiber version was preferable.
    I had tons of the Activia Strawberry and Cereal yogurt during my sway
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed a good product is PIRATE BOOTY. My kids love this stuff. It does have sodium but not much else! Its like a miracle snack.

Yeah I read more stuff on the insitol...I will try and find it.

Here: https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...chiro-inositol

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And Vitex, I think what I meant by balancing, is doesn't it work by lowering estrogen and raising progesterone and will put things in a better balance..like shortening or lengthening your cylce accordingly.
    And don't worry about sounding discouraging I get on these theories that last about two days before I realize I am so wrong I am sure I have ruined many perfectly good threads based on my 2 day theories

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And a little Vitex information in case any one is interested of how it works~I thought it was interesting

https://sites.google.com/site/miscar...ex-chasteberry

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink

Love the success stories

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trader Joe's Better Than Peanut Butter! It only has 100 cals per 2 TBS and lower in sodium, fat and protein. Also their hummus salad dressing is amazing!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Which crystal light do you like the best? I really like the wild strawberry but it has caffeine in it (which is prob why I like it) I got a canister of single servings from Costco and it has lemonade raspberry lemonade and a cherry pomegranate kind.

Also, DANG IM STARVING!!
    I'm usually a huge eater with a fast metabolism but I'm a tad over weight. I just ate a half can no sugar no salt corn. I hope that's ok.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast