Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Planning my sway

I am starting a pink sway now and will hopefully be able to make our first attempts sometime in the late spring or early summer. DH has agreed to have another baby, but is on the fence about swaying. I don't want to overwhelm him with swaying and have him change his mind about TTC all together. I am 25 and DH is 26 so we have some time to spare and it is ok if it takes us a little longer to conceive.

I have 2 boys, a 4 year old and a 4 month old, and I am currently breastfeeding my youngest. As of right now the breastfeeding is preventing ovulation. I want my 3rd child to be close in age to my youngest so I am hoping to be able to start attempts as soon as my cycle returns. Here is my plan:

Start LE diet immediately. I can lose about 50 or 60 lbs before my BMI enters the risky territory. I think this is the most important factor in my sway and I am going to stick to the diet strictly with only the occasional cheat.

Start exercise now. I plan on using the Walk Away the Pounds DVD (Thanks Atomic for the suggestion!) 6 or 7 days a week. It is 5 miles and is 65 mins long.

Vitex or possibly Clomid. Obviously, this is all for nothing if I can't get my cycle back! From what I read, I am assuming that Clomid would be better? I am not sure if this will be an option. As for the Vitex, I am still not certain what would be the best way to take it. 2 in the morning and 2 at night? 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off or take it straight for a few months and then stop before attempt? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Supplements: Folic acid of course. Also planning on taking fiber. Other than that, the only thing I am planning on doing is Benadryl or Zyrtec before attempt if needed. Cranberry and Aspirin are not an option due to BF and I just don't think the Cal/Mag is necessary. Am I missing anything?

Rephresh: will try to use 12-24 hours before attempt. I don't think it would do much good to use it more frequently than that, right?

One attempt at Positive OPK only.

DH: I am not sure how he will feel about taking anything. I know I can get him to drink Soy milk. He LOVES it and will drink it up quicker than I can keep it stocked in the house. Ideally I would like him to take Licorice Root, and Olive Leaf Extract OR Cranberry but unless they have some other really great side effects, I don't see him taking them for swaying purposes only. He drinks lots of caffeine, eats lots of junk, doesn't exercise (but does physically tough work) and dips tobacco. He also drinks alcohol several times per week.

I am planning on joining the Dream Members section in the near future so hopefully I can get some additional information there. In the mean time, if anyone has any input on my sway and what I might could do to change or improve it that would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by JP2007; January 22nd, 2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: forgot to add fiber!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got the olive leaf extract from amazon today. I sold DH on the other beneficial properties of it. He doesn't need to know it sways. it's good to help lower BP, cholesterol, good for arthritis, good for the bowels, it's a natural anti-inflammatory/viral/bacterial/fungal among other added benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes View Post
    I just got the olive leaf extract from amazon today. I sold DH on the other beneficial properties of it. He doesn't need to know it sways. it's good to help lower BP, cholesterol, good for arthritis, good for the bowels, it's a natural anti-inflammatory/viral/bacterial/fungal among other added benefits.
    Awesome! I bet I can sell him on it from those benefits alone. He has mild arthritis, carpal tunnel, and is always getting cuts and scrapes at work that turn into infections. Thanks for the tip!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please give me a friendly bump on this, I'm done in for today on all but short questions, sorry!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand! Here is the "bump" you requested

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet and exercise plan look great, be ready to up cals right away if your milk supply goes.

I think Clomid is better than Vitex but I would personally wait till your LO is a bit older, I don't like using either till the baby is larger, more like 9-12 month range. When he's older, if you watn to use vitex, I think taking it 2 w on, 2 w off, in the same pattern of your cycle BEFORE you got pregnant, is best. Interestingly, your cycle often returns in the same pattern it was before you got pregnant.

When BF I think it best to do just Zyrtec (Benadryl comes through my milk and makes my babies drowsy) and in the rescue method only, so just one 6 hours before attempt. If you take it daily, your milk supply vanishes to nothing.

Licorice root is good for stomach stuff if he has heartburn, and OLE as greeneyes already mentioned, is good for lots of stuff and can easily be "sold" as a health benefit type of thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the help Atomic! I am going to wait until he is at least 9 months to take Clomid or Vitex. He is already very large (over 17lbs) and I think he is going to take to real food very quickly That would give me at least 20 weeks with diet and exercise which I think can only help my sway.

*Knock on wood* I actually don't find the diet that hard to stick to. I have always eaten the classic boy diet with of lots of meat and fruits and veggies and whole grains because that is what I feed my 4 year old and husband. I don't really care for meat that much, however I love carbs and cokes! My main problem is not being able to snack all day long but I am getting used to it. My husband was convinced that I would starve our baby with my dieting but I have noticed no issues with milk supply and my son is still a cute little chunker. Thanks again for the help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH is taking OLE too. Told him it for arthritis etc!! GL
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JP2007 View Post

Start exercise now. I plan on using the Walk Away the Pounds DVD (Thanks Atomic for the suggestion!) 6 or 7 days a week. It is 5 miles and is 65 mins long.
    Can you put up a link to which DVD you bought, I checked on amazon and there are loads of different ones!!! Thanks.
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the OLE is an easy sell it has sooo many benefits it is crazy!

Good luck with your sway!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast