Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feeling like crap on LE diet...

The LE diet makes me feel like crap - fatigue, heartburn from skipping breakfast as just plain unhealthy. Does anyone else feel this way? I am so used to eating a high nutrient boy diet and feeling great!
    5 1/2 Due Sept 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its a lot easier if you ease into it. Push breakfast back 30 mins wait a few days, push back 30 mins more, until you're used to skipping breakfast. It's also easier to just ease into the diet in general: like first becoming a vegetarian but not worrying about calories, then cutting out snacking, then slowly lowering your intake. You won't feel bad that way as your body has time to adjust.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on what you're cutting out your body might also be detoxing. I had to go gluten free and vegan because my son had all sorts of food allergies and I was breast feeding (still am but we are able to eat more now). At first when cutting out some foods I got real sick from detox/withdrawal (eh-hem corn products including corn syrup). Then when I accidentally had some I would get real sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been slowly easing into it the past couple of weeks. I'm used to lean meats and vegetables every 3 hours with lots of different vitamins. Having white carbs and dairy with no vitamins and only eating 3 times per day makes me feel like crap.
    5 1/2 Due Sept 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please tell me more about what you're eating because a lot of times people tell me "I feel terrible" and then I find out their diet is not the LE diet.

Low carb veg are free and unlimited on LE so you can certainly have them, not sure why you have cut them out. Fruit and higher carb veg are free for protein and fat and you only need to count calories in them, so if you're not feeling good eating white carbs, switch to getting more cals from fruit and higher carb veg instead. LE is meant to be FLEXIBLE so you just switch it around till you find the combo that works for you. It is the limits of the day that matter and not "magic foods" so if one food gives you heartburn, DROP it.

EAting more carb foods can give you heartburn, I had that happen a couple times when I went vegetarian for a while, Tums are ok to take as needed or if you want a non-nutritive option you can use Pepcid.

I do have an alternate version of LE Diet in this thread, the thread is about PCOS but the alternate version is not ONLY for people with PCOS, lots of others have done it.

ETA (would have helped if I posted the link!!) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 15th, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fruits and vegetables aren't out on LE and I eat a lot of them. I've been eating at noon and 5:30 at about 650-750 cals then a "snack" before bed of 100-300 calories to get through the night. Right now I'm eating whole wheat but will switch to white as I get closer. I feel great. I only have dairy occasionally (3-5 times a week) and it's usually a yoplait light. I feel great.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last