Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Estimate and try not to feel you need to calculate it down to the exact amount.

Ballpark figures are good enough.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks laurelw thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it okay for a girl-sway-friendly vegetarian to eat an egg or two every day?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally have you guys keep it to 4-6 just straight eggs a week BUT as long as you guys are within limits it's really ok to have them daily. Just stick in the limits though and don't treat them as a free food (to give the backstory, some people had once believed that eggs sway pink and so some people treat eggs as a free food and eat a shocking amount of them. Don't do that - either 4-6 a week or else stick within limits for the day.)

5. Likes Serenity Now! liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Estimate and try not to feel you need to calculate it down to the exact amount.

Ballpark figures are good enough.
    Thank you. I needed to hear this. Makes me feel much better about my sway.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Everyone!
    After following along on this site for quite a while now and gathering all sorts of helpful info I am finally beginning my girl sway! I started the LE diet yesterday. I also started taking magnesium citrate and calcium citrate supplements (with no vitamin D) and I am still not sure about this decision.. I am not taking a TON of it.. one of each supplement with my first meal of the day and one of each with my dinner.. so a daily grand total of 300 mcg of magnesium citrate and 600 mcg of calcium citrate. I went back and forth on whether or not to include the supplements as its so hard because I have read some compelling things for and against.. I am making sure to stick within the calorie, protein and fat limits of the LE diet. I do typically love drinking milk so I went out and bought organic skim milk and hope to have one cup of that a day. Do you think this amount of supplements is okay? As long as I stay within the ranges of LE diet?
    Also my main question is about not eating breakfast. I noticed many women are saying a general rule of "don't eat before noon". I am wondering if there is a more specific timeline for this because I wake up at 5:15 am on weekdays to start work so waiting until noon is almost impossible for me. I am only on day 2 and feel so incredibly ill already (at 8:30 am). Is there really a "no food before noon" rule or is it more important that I have no food for a certain number of hours? Since I wake up so early in the morning at 5:15 would it be acceptable to eat for the first time at say 10:30-11:00 instead? I really want to follow this plan as closely as possible and will do whatever is advised so if noon is advised then I will wait it out until then. Also, I read on here that the importance of not eating breakfast is to keep your blood sugar low and then I also read that carbs are better to consume than protein and fat, but don't carbs raise blood sugar more than anything else? Is there a certain type of food that is best to consume as my first meal?
    Is there a time at night that I should make sure I stop eating? If I have dinner at around 6:30-7:00 and then work out, is it okay to have something small after my workout before bed or is it best to avoid eating too late?
    I only have just under 6 weeks until we start TTC. I know it is best to be on the diet longer, but quite honestly I don't know how long I will be able to last on it lol. My BMI is actually higher than normal right now it is 19.7 (5'4" and 115 pounds) Usually I am closer to 110 pounds so I feel like I am okay to lose some weight without compromising ovulation.
    Thank you to everyone reading this and helping me out!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I leave the supplements at your discretion because I know it's hard to give up on things like that (unless you're like me and got boys while taking them, LOL) I generally prefer you guys stick with more like 200 mg mag but if you tolerate it ok that's all that matters.

As long as you're in the limits of the diet you can have some milk.

There is no general rule about when to have breakfast. I want you guys to try to just go a little longer than normal, that's all. Beyond that please put your needs FIRST. And YES it is not the time of day you eat at all, it's the amount of hours. So if you find it easier to eat an early dinner and then have a meal at 9 am, that is totally fine! Do what works best for YOU. Anywhere from 12-16 hours not eating is great regardless of the time of day you eat your first meal. The reason we say breakfast is that's just easiest for most people to skip.

No set time to stop eating,either. EVeryone's body works differently so it is important to stay flexible and do what works for YOU and not for others. I couldn't sleep on an empty stomach so I ate before bed. That is fine.

Studies have shown a diet with more carbs sways pink. Carbs temporarily raise your blood sugar but then your body releases insulin and your blood sugar drops again. The goal is NOT to have low blood sugar 24 hours a day (not possible to do that) but to just have your body have to work at keeping it in normal range (by burning off stores) as much of the day as we can, while still being able to function and eat what we need to get and stay pregnant.

We've had some people who had to eat breakfast have either pure protein (doesn't raise BS) or pure carbs (raises BS but then lowers it as insulin is released). I doubt this is necessary and I mostly do it so they feel more comfortable "breaking the rules". Fine if you want to try it. Do be sure you're eating protein, fat, carbs at other meals, do not try to limit yourself at any other meal other than breakfast.

PLEASE do not lose any more weight. I know you think "well I know my body and this is ok" but trust me, after hearing that exact thing from 1000 other people who then had a really hard time getting pregnant, I have reasons why my cutoff is 21 and I want you to stop losing at that point. No weight loss, just aim at holding steady where you're at.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic!

I have been trying to conceive for a year now, miscarried in December at 8 weeks, cycle back as normal in March and trying ever since.I just want rock ensure I’m doing everything possible to conceive.

I’m 33yo, tendency for endo if diet is not good.
    Eat mostly vegetarian diet.I have just introduced 3-4 eggs back into my diet after a year.
    Eat breakfast 9:30-10am slice multigrain toast with 1/2 scoop vegan protein, coffee shot and almond milk, 1/2 banana.

Lunch - lentils or rice, salad and veggies, soup, veggie wraps, tacos, toast with avocado and mushrooms.Piece of fruit.

Dinner- is the same with some dark chocolate or yoghurt.

Drink red wine every few nights, only 1 glass.

Have a few cheat meals just after if I have BFN

I excercise 4-5 times a week doing cardio.Walking.

Supps: aspirin due to two miscarriages
    B12 due to low levels
    Vitamin d due to low levels.

I have also put on 2kg by increasing fat thinking this could be the reason.As I was 50kg prior at 5’3.
    Hormone testing in July 2019 showed low testosterone, almonds low estrogen and progrestone was 350.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you please give me a rough estimate of how much fat, protein, and calories you're eating?

Is your cycle still staying normal??

Are you avoiding dairy for any reason?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I tracked it last it was sitting around 40-50 grams protein, 40-50 grams fat.

I do have a bit of yoghurt at night for dessert or pop a tablespoon into my smoothie every other day.
    My cycle seems to be sitting at 32 days and ovulating on day 21 from tracking the last three months. Before I had the boys I was ovulating on day 13-16 with a 28 day cycle.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you counting protein and fat in fruit and veggies?? If so, stop. I'd like you to up protein and fat to 50-60 g due to the endo tendencies. Drop fiber if you were using it. I think you may not have enough raw materials coming in and your hormones are low

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234