Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Atomic: Pre BD Rephresh timing question w regard to positive OPK

I was thinking about this a lot last night...I even dreamed about it lol.

This month is my practice cycle where I continue the diet, etc and learn how to use OPKs, but we don't actually try. Since my DH will be doing FR (not sex) for our real attempt the following month, I was thinking I'd just do the 1/2 applicator of Rephresh 12 hours before our attempt instead of using it every 3 days. We're just doing one attempt at a positive OPK. I guess I just don't know how to time everything.

Is it like this?
    Starting at CD 9 do OPK tests at the same time every day, once in the morning and once before bed
    When you get a positive result, use half an applicator of Rephresh
    Have sex one time 12 hours later?

Or should I be taking a guess at when I'm going to get the positive OPK and using a full applicator of Rephresh such that the our one attempt falls within the 3 day Rephresh coverage window?

Just can't seem to figure this last aspect of my sway out. I want to make an educated choice and then shelve it for next month.

Thanks for your help :-)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this is a good question and I wanted to know the answer as well, so I did a little research.

Atomic's essay on Rephresh says to use it every 3 days beginning the day after your period and ending one day before attempt. It also mentions that you can use 1/2 applicator 12 hours before attempt. So from what I understand it is pretty much exactly what you said, after getting positive OPK use 1/2 applicator and wait at least 12 hours to DTD.

I don't know about the frequency of using OPK's, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the original thinking with the every 3 days of RepHresh was so your body could get used to it. Back on IG we would sometimes see a pH spike when people would use a product the first time, as if their body would be like WTH is that and try to wash it away with CM and that makes pH go up. So by using it in advance it was supposed to help our bodies get used to the stuff before "go time".

But, we have no way to know if it really works, or even if pH sways anyway, and we have gotten identical results with people using RepHresh and not using it. So that leads me to believe that the RepH. is really not doing a whole lot anyway and certainly does not justify the level of thought and planning you are giving it here.

Basically, what all the directions about the RepH are saying is, shoot some up the wazoo several hours before you attempt. You are putting way, way too much thought and consideration into it and it's that attention to detail that is swaying blue a heck of a lot more than any minor difference in when you use RepHresh.

So, if I am forced to choose, I would say option B, guess about when you're probably going to get a pos OPK and use RepHresh then, and then still have your attempt at pos OPK. we are getting better results for conception with 24 hours before attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, atomic! Yeah sigh. Unfortunately, it's in my nature to be very OCD about details. I'll try to chill out or in the least not be more of a spazz than usual lol :-)