Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opks?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Opks?

Ok ladies I'm cd 2 and have never used an opk but really would like to use them this month. I originally to Dtd once every 4 days then got to thinking that it could take a really long time ttc with that if I'm always several days out from my ovulation. So I'm thinking I'll purchase some internet cheapies and go from there. However, as I mentioned, I have never used them and I am nervous to try as I'm afraid of Dtd too early or too late. How do I know it's positive? I know the line should be as dark or darker than the control line but I'm afraid I'll think it's dark and Dtd only to find out it gets darker a few days later or think it's not dark enough and miss my window all together. Can someone give me some insight as to how this all works? Thank you ladies.
    04-08-2010 10-24-2011 due 12/07/2014 (my birthday!) with my beautiful my prayers have been answered!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly it just takes a cycle or two to figure it out (at least for me) I had long cycles and often got several almost +opks before the real one. My test line gets darker than control and then I know it's the real deal and I O the next day (confirmed by temps)
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you I should have just gone ahead and tried them out before my attempt ugh lol
    04-08-2010 10-24-2011 due 12/07/2014 (my birthday!) with my beautiful my prayers have been answered!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the thing with the every 4 day pattern is that the odds are that you are going to get lucky sooner rather than later that way. The chances that you will continue DTD 4 full days before ovulation month after month is really not going to work out that way indefinitely, and you can still get pg from one attempt 2 days and even 3 or 4 before ovulation (as long as you're not doing a zillion other things to sway)

Remember, if you get an OPK on the 4th day you can have another attempt so that will up odds of conception and still really does qualify as one attempt, because the prev. attempt would be 5 DPO, slim odds of conception.

My OPK book covers all this in really thorough detail!! 110 pages of info on this very topic and covers about 80% of all the non-diet questions I get. Guide to Understanding AF and using OPK to Sway Information
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. Idk I'm thinking I'll stick to bd every 4 days. I'm just really nervous bout the opks and I don't want to add something obsess about.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prayingpink,

I tried that way every 4 days then every 3 days and BFN. I just decided to use OPK's to avoid O day but this cycle we did frequent release from CD 5 And BD-O with rephresh every 3 days and on O day - we also j/d and No O for me! That was way different than my boys and I pray it worked ��
    Baby Jasper on the way!! That makes 4 boys, no more for us! Feel so blessed!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jewelle I hope this works for you but this is not the method I would recommend anyone to use for TTC a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jewelle this is only my second month ttc. I think if I don't get pregnant in a few more months I'll have to give it a try as I do really want to be pregnant but for now I need to be patient lol. I can't wait to find out if you get your princess

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I found some ovulation tests on sale today so I got them and took it as a sign lol. They were normally $25 and on sale for $8! So I figure I'm gunna stick with my every 4 day plan while using opks this month to see how they work for me and if I don't get bfp then I'll know how to use opks next month

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know me too =) you have more patience than me...hubby said baby before 35th birthday, so I had to hurry up...LOL. I just hope she is in there-nothing I can do now- just hope.
    Baby Jasper on the way!! That makes 4 boys, no more for us! Feel so blessed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast