Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please help! Will this impact my sway????

So I have been swaying (but not ttc yet) for 2 or 3 cycles so far. Was doing some things wrong at first (which atomic quickly corrected me on- thanks atomic!!).
    I've been eating vegetarian for about 8-10 weeks now (with the exception of shrimp), all low fat dairy, etc etc...and I've lost like 10 pounds at least!!
    Well I've been quite proud of myself until I just realized I've been doing some no-no's. My hubby and I eat Chipotle all the time and since I went veggie I just get white rice, beans, corn and lettuce...sometimes I get guacamole. I just read that beans and avocado may be issues for pink swayers. I would say I eat guac once every week or once every 2 weeks, but I eat rice and beans like 3-4 times a week!
    Also, once a week I order Dominos pizza (on Saturdays) for my kids and I will order myself an order of breadsticks (without cheese) which I eat with a salad made of cucumbers and a few cherry tomatoes with cheap Wish Bone light Italian dressing. Just realized that the breadsticks have garlic, and the salad dressing has dehydrated garlic, and that garlic is a no-no. I do eat a lot of these salads with this dressing.
    Other than these things I feel I have done everything as I am supposed to...my question is, I am thinking of ttc this month and want to know if the above will affect my sway? I have drastically changed my diet (I have always been someone who eats only whole grains, organic, healthy foods like salmon and spinach and olive oil, ate steak and chicken, and always took lots of healthy supps/vitamins). And I have def lost weight, my hubby said something to me last night about me whithering away (was said in a joking way).
    I am starting to feel frustrated like there is always something I am doing wrong with this diet ...help?
    Last edited by Houseofblue; March 14th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Mommy to

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't stress yourself out over eating or doing certain things. I did NOT sway, ate whatever whenever I wanted and am having a girl. I just took precautions for a just in case.. You being frustrated and worried about what u have and haven't ate is the exact reason I didn't sway. I didnt want to stress myself out.. I figured I would do a lil of this and a lil of that just in case I were to get pregnant, but nothing major. I just figured whatever happens, happens and I would be happy with who ever I was given cuz I didn't put an effort into it.. Goodluck and I hope u get your girl!
    Last edited by 4 blues~hopingforpink~; March 14th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only problem I see is you over-thinking the details. Everyone has a 50/50 chance of having either a boy or a girl...swaying just increases the odds of your desired gender. Even further, it's all up to God anyways I hope you get your girl!
    praying and swaying

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies, I need to hear that! Congrats on your girl, 4 blues!!

I never swayed before, even though I knew about swaying...I guess I just figured I would get a girl at some point. This is my last shot though..dh and I both agreed this is it, we can't handle anymore than 4 kids, plus we are both getting up there in age. I think I am starting to really freak out because of that.
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no magic foods!! Guac once a week will not ruin your sway, but avocados are typically avoided for their high fat content. Rice is a great staple for LE diet don't worry about that. But the reason to go sparingly on the beans is protein, again there are no magic foods so if you stay in your protein limits you can have beans!! A tiny bit if garlic once per week is not going to raise your testosterone (that's why garlic is limited) so please don't stress!! If you've bend vegetarian for 8 weeks and list weight I say you should feel good about your attempt!! Stop stressing and try to relax!
    Last edited by carmella_marie; March 14th, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't freak out, be calm and don't sweat the little things, you'll drive yourself nuts, stressing may raise testosterone. Good luck and I hope you hear pink!
    Mom of 2 boys K-11 and K-7 with due 2/11/17

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Looking fwd to meeting her
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol thanks marriedmom and Carmella!

Marriedmom- I know I'm worried about raising my test b/c I'm a worrywart, always have been... maybe that's why I have all boys lol?

Carmella- so you think guac once a week is ok? I love it so much <sigh> The breadsticks are covered in garlic, so I don't think it's a tiny amount But I loooove them...but if they would affect my sway I would not eat them. What about the dehydrated garlic in the light Italian dressing?? Ahh here I go again obsessing
    Mommy to

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping to hopefully get atomic's opinion!!!
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to remember as well there are parts of the world where garlic is a major staple in their diets and they don't have all boys. Same with all foods really. There are people who eat nothing but rice and beans all day for practically every meal..they have girls, there is no way they don't!

Swaying isn't just one thing. Eating a pound of garlic a day doesn't guarantee a boy just like dieting and weight loss doesn't guarantee a girl.

You do what you can, don't stress about it and that will work in your best favor!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast