Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diabetic meters?

Hi everyone! Hubby and I will be ttc in July for a girl. I know the goal is to keep blood sugar low so I was thinking about getting a diabetic meter to be able to read my sugar at intervals during the day. My brother is a diabetic & can get me one if I needed or walmart sells them too.. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Anyone know how low my sugar should be while on LE? I'm overweight right now at 197 pounds & 5'4.... Not sure if that matters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly wouldn't do it! It would just be another thing to obsess/worry about and will drive you crazy. If you are not diabetic, it really won't show much anyways b/c you will be normally low after you eat and low before you eat.

I have gestational diabetes and I wouldn't go near those meters and stress about food on that kind of level. As long as you are following LE, your blood sugar will be low enough! For what it's worth too, now that I am following a gestational diabetes diet, I am back to LE with breakfast included, slightly more protein, and added snacks. My normal lunch and sometimes dinner is a mushroom and swiss quesadilla with cucumbers and ranch, and strawberries with no fat cool whip. Gives me good #s every time!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same thing lol.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DO NOT CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR. I can't say it strongly enough. when we talk about "keeping blood sugar low" we aren't talking about numbers on a monitor, we're just trying to make your body burn off its stores to keep itself going. In a normal person your body works very hard to keep levels in normal range no matter what. We just use the term "keep blood sugar low" to mean, "make your body have to burn off stores to keep blood sugar in normal range"
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ