Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

how much sodium?

i was wondering how much soduim can we have? i have manages to keep protien to around 35 and calories to around 1200-1500 and soduim is between 400-800mg each day but i dont know how to get the soduim down more. Also i dont seem to be loosing any weight, but the diet isnt that big of a change for me i didnt eat meat before and ate a lot of pasta and rice i just go without the sauce now. do i need to loose weight for it to sway?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you're doing great on the diet! It's ideal to get between 700-1000mg of sodium on this diet, so you're right on target. I find that once you eliminate your normal sources of sodium (cheese, milk, salty snacks, prepared foods) it's pretty easy to keep sodium down.

How long have you been on the diet? Are you doing the hour per day exercise as well? I've been on it for 6 weeks and have lost 10 pounds from my average-sized frame (down to 120 from 130), and I'm not including exercise in my sway. People who are a little heavier to start with often lose a lot more weight, especially if they are exercising too. I think weight loss is pretty important to your sway, but if you've just started the diet maybe you should give it some more time or start including exercise if you aren't already.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have been on the diet for coming up to 4 weeks now i think but been writing every thing that i eat or drink for the last week. I havet added any more exercise to my sway i walk to and from the kids school (4 miles a day) but may be i will have to dig out the wii fit and do some walking on there as well.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is tmi but i have got thrush now i havent had it for years so im thinking maybe the diet is doing somthing to my ph

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, sorry about the thrush. I'm sure I've read that the girl diet is very yeast friendly which is why some take acidophilus (I'm not sure how you spell it!). I hope it's better soon.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i might have to get some of that, ive taken a canasten tablet and im hoping it doesnt sway blue, and if it does im hoping it will be out of my system before i start ttc in july. It feels like ive been waiting for af for ages and its only been 2 weeks oh my only about 2 weeks to go i hope

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle View Post
    i was wondering how much soduim can we have? i have manages to keep protien to around 35 and calories to around 1200-1500 and soduim is between 400-800mg each day but i dont know how to get the soduim down more. Also i dont seem to be loosing any weight, but the diet isnt that big of a change for me i didnt eat meat before and ate a lot of pasta and rice i just go without the sauce now. do i need to loose weight for it to sway?
    The suggested numbers are 40-50 g protein (although 35 is ok but don't go any lower than that), 1500-1800 calories (although 1200-1500 is ok), and 700-1000 mg sodium. Your sodium is just right, your body needs SOME sodium just to function.

Losing weight is kinda important because when you lose weight while you're eating less protein, you will shrink your muscles and that is what helps to lower your testosterone. Just do your best though, even if you only lose 1 pound that will still sway for you.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 25th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the guide to swaying and YI http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ast-infections
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought the recommended sodium intake was 700-1000mg? Did I just have this wrong the whole time? Not a biggie since I am usually well below 700, but just curious....
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been having 700 to 1000 mg!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast