Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just nod & smile!

Aargghhh....just have to vent!

I just took my DS5 to his first friends birthday party with his preschool friends. All the mums had to stay too. So for 2 hours, I was the "mum with six boys" and the topic of conversation! They didn't even call me by my name, just the mum of six boys!

I got told "you obviously only had that many because you wanted a girl", got told "surely you're not having anymore then" and several times had to justify why we had six kids and how did we have all boys??!

Then there were 2 sets of mums with B B G and everyone was saying how lucky they were to have got their girl, and how of course they were going to get one girl out of three kids. One mum had 2 boys and was saying they're going to have a third but because they want 3 and don't care if it's another boy, and they wouldn't do it to just have a girl!!

Then there were PP and lots with 3 but with both boys and girls.

It was so hard not to just say actually I'm pregnant and we deliberate tried natural swaying techniques to try and get a girl, because yes, I'd love a daughter, but it doesn't make me love my boys any less nor is it why we had six children, but thank you all for your opinions and advice. 😠

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Arhhhhh people are so dumb. Do they not have a brain or are they just naturally nasty. Hate it and hate been around smug people. Your not alone, there are some bitches out there that just love rubbing it in and they know exactly what they are doing when saying all this rubbish.

Sorry you were bombarded like that.
    Mum to 3 lovely boys. 4HT cycles. Onto swaying.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It probably won't make you feel any better but I get treated like a freak show as well when I am out with our 6 and our eldest and youngest are girls. People say 'OMG are they ALL yours'. I feel like saying 'Ummm…. no I kidnapped them!' So annoying. I have on occasion been out with just the 4 boys (14,11 and 5yo twins) and I get the rudest comments 'oh my you've got your hands full there', 'FOUR boys - you poor thing'. And I always respond, 'Not really - they are impeccably behaved'. Which they are. I do get very tired of constantly being questioned and asked to explain myself and our family make up. Especially in front of my kids and in places like elevators and Dr's surgeries where I can't escape! Really people are so rude. And its so much worse in Australia as I never got bailed up the way I do here when we lived in London and Hong Kong. Actually in Asia my DH was treated as some sort of god to have had 4 boys. They all wanted to know his secret!

Big families are awesome. They are all just jealous!
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate when it's said in front of the kids too, and the kids hate it so much that they're embarrassed to go out all together, especially the eldest 2. And yep, I get all those comments too, even if I'm out with just 3-4 of them.

I also hate the negativity towards boys, like you're unlucky to even get a one boy out of 3?!!? Let alone have six of them.

I must says though, at the party, DS5 was the nicest, politest child there. He didn't throw tantrums of "I want" he didn't refuse to do what was asked of them, and he always said please and thank you and as we were leaving said "thank you for having us".

And actually 2 of the girls there were horrid brats!! They threw things if they were given something that wasn't the colour they wanted, they sulked because they couldn't have cake the minute they walked in the door, they refused to join in the games or do what they were asked and demanded specific things and specific people to sit next to them and then one mum apologised that she didn't get her own way!!!??!? And no, it wasn't her birthday! She was one of the guests, and one of the PP there.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my experience kids from bigger families (4+) do tend to be polite, better at sharing, taking turns listening, etc… I guess they get a lot of practice! So what you observed at the party doesn't surprise me in the least. I have to confess to having several smug moments where a woman who has made a rude comment about all my boys has to deal with one of her kids melting down, being a complete pain or running amok - while my brood behave beautifully. Especially in restaurants!

As for the negativity towards boys. I just don't get it either. We NEED boys and girls. And I really don't think one gender is better than the other. I know the stereotypes but really they are so inaccurate. I only have one alpha male, noisy, hyper, car loving boy out of 4 (and that's my eldest twin). I have 2 who are very studious, gentle and sweet, and the other is a Mr Popular and a bit of a comedian. People are always commenting about how great it is that we have a 16yo girl who can help with the younger kids. HA!!! I'd leave my 16mth old with my 14yo or 11yo boys before I'd leave her with the 16yo girl. The house could burn down and if its not on FB she wouldn't notice! Whereas my 14yo & 11yo are so engaged with the baby and read to her and play with her. It's gorgeous.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry those ladies were being horrid to you. You aren't a freak show at all sounds like you've raised a wonderful family. Hope you get your pink bundle too. This post makes me want another child even more, hearing how nice it is to have a bigger family and the way the children are considerate towards one another. Those ignorant people will hopefully see just how wonderful your children are and learn to keep the mindless opinions To themselves. I am a mum of all boys too and always get 'you must have your hands full!' I either ignore them or say no why? Having boys is as much a blessing as girls they're all people at the end of the day! Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow some people are so rude!

Mines a different situation because we only have the one but even though I'm 26, I look quite young. I get the whole you don't look old enough to have a 5 year old blah blah. Just shut up and concentrate on your own lives! O

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get that too lfc_sarah! We were 18 when we had our eldest and we look younger than we are too! When they say "you're not old enough to have a 15yr old, or 6 kids etc" I always say "well that's funny, cause I do". 😜

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I might start replying with that! I just don't understand judgemental people at all! Why they feel the need to say anything at all! xxx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get those comments too. I try to respond nicely but I'd love to be rude just once. I don't understand how people don't think those comments are rude. Or hurtful.
    swaying for in 2021

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast