Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Side Effects from LE diet?

Has anyone else experienced side effects from the LE diet ? I think it's just SUCH a drastic change from what I was eating before that it is causing me more problems than others. For the record, I've been on it a month and lost 3 lbs the first week, 1 lb the second week and NO WEIGHT the past couple of weeks. I usually average 1500 calories a day but often eat more. I've had 6 cheat days in the 30 days on the diet (and in general I'm not the best at adhering to it because I have several social commitments during April/May).

So that being said, I feel like I'm having more side effects than I should. I'm nauseated probably 90% of the time. I've thrown up twice now (once from eating meat again, once from eating too much fat again). I'm light headed a ton. Today I got a severe ocular migraine this morning and couldn't see until I pounded 15 gummy bears. I have zero energy. My skin is HORRIBLE (broken out, red, irritated).

I'm wondering if anyone has had side effects? Any tips (should I increase fat, protein, eat meat, try an iron supplement?). I'm eating a LARGE serving of green leafy veggies (either kale or spinach) every other day and eating strawberries bananas and an orange at least every day. I also eat a lot of avocado. I want to keep up with the diet but my husband is getting really upset with how crappy I'm feeling and how nauseated I am most of the time.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you track potassium lvl's?
    I recognize the side affects though. I tend to watch potassium. Drink coconutwater

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks sweet dream! I know potassium numbers on my fitness pal aren't very good, so maybe adding in some coconut water everyday to be on the safe side would be wise. I do love coconut water so it's not hard for me to do! Thanks for the reminder to watch potassium, it's something I hadn't thought of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YW. I had to watch it myself. When i start drinking the coconutwater (YUK!) I do tend to feel better. it helps with the naucsia and fatigue. (and mood) ....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you may need to ease into this diet. I started by slowly eating less, then cut out red meat. A week later cut out fish and chicken. I slowly pushed breakfast back over a few weeks and gradually cut out snacking. I think you just went too strict too fast.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should try to switch to one of the alternate diets in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html and see if it helps.

I also think you need to eat more often, so if you were eating 2 meals, eat three, and if you were eating 3 (pushing breakfast back till lunchtime) add breakfast back in.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic - I've been consuming the PCOS levels of protein with a little meat the past few days and have been feeling much better! I have been doing only 2 meals in general so I might add in a mini afternoon "snack" type meal when I feel shaky in the afternoons.

I think I'm just so used to trying to control my blood sugar (through low carb/paleo), this whole low blood sugar thing is hard for me to get used to!
    DS1 (2012)