Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One attempt question

Hello, first time posting here so I'll introduce myself.
    I have 3 boys and desperately NEED a little me (a girl).
    I realised I've actually conceived all my boys based on number of attempts and timing by accident!
    We dtd every 3-4 days from the end of my af and then the week of ovulation we dtd every 1-2 days and bam pregnant within 1-2 months every time resulting in boys!
    so to sway pink do we abstain from the last day of af and then dtd ONCE in my fertile window? Meaning we only dtd ONCE in the month?

Also when do I do my one attempt, at the beginning of my fertile week, middle or end?
    TMI warning here: I have extremely EWCM for most of my fertile week making me have to wear liners for the week.

thanks, in advance.

2. Thanks moose5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and Welcome!

You DTD once at the first positive opk. I would BD with protection every 3-4 days before and after or have DH release on his own every 2-4 days.

If you want to skip using opks, then BD every 4 days from the end of AF until the latest you've ever ovulated or until CD22 (this is in case ovulation is delayed).

DS1, DS2, DS3
    One last pink sway in 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

4. Thanks Mumofboys thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't be surprised that as you sway and TTC, that your EWCM goes away or that you have it at different times. This often can fool people into having attempts at the wrong times. I wouldn't use it as a sole guide to when you may be ovulating.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    My Ovulation Chart

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Mumofboys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what a lot of us have done!!

You guys can DTD with protection at other times of the month if you so choose. most of our hubbies would revolt if we asked them to only BD once a month! The most I'd ever have a guy abstain is 7-10 days and that is only if he's under 35. Abstain has not been super effective for us - some people choose to use abstain or other frequency patterns in addition to one attempt, but you don't have to. The one attempt has been the most effective.

What I would have you do is one attempt on O-2 (if you want timing) or O-1 (if you want better odds of conception with one attempt. or you can do OPK and have one attempt whenever the test is positive (if you are not sold on timing). Most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites, so some of us no longer bother with timing (I didn't and got my girl with "boy timing" and one attempt) But keep that one attempt as long as you can!! DO NOT keep timing and add attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks Mumofboys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Don't be surprised that as you sway and TTC, that your EWCM goes away or that you have it at different times. This often can fool people into having attempts at the wrong times. I wouldn't use it as a sole guide to when you may be ovulating.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    My Ovulation Chart
    this has really burned people!!! EWCM patterns can and DO change even without swaying and relying on them too heavily can cause you to have attempts that have no chance of conception.

10. Thanks Mumofboys thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hijack!

Do you now recommend every 4 days above frequent or compressed frequent release? My dh says he's happy to do either (and you wonder why we have all boys!)...but I guess the latter more difficult if ovulation is irregular?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. There is more than one sway tactic that comes into play so let me explain:

1) number of attempts. For reasons we do not understand, one attempt in the fertile window has swayed strongly pink. We don't know why this is, just that is what our results have seemed to show.

2)Frequency patterns. This is just the number of times your hubs releases coming into TTC. You can have differnent frequency patterns with differing numbers of releases in about any combo you can imagine. NONE of the frequency patterns have earned their keep, and I believe the only reason why they were ever thought to, is because number of attempts sway, and because certain frequency patterns are mostly always done with one attempt, it led us to believe the FP were swaying when it was really number of attempts all along.

SO. the reason why we now think e4d works is because it's an easy way of being in with one attempt regardless of whenever your fertile window decides to open. I prefer that most people start off trying with a frequency pattern plus one attempt at positive OPK, just because I personally know that it is important psychologically to have that feeling that you have tried everything. Then, I like people to drop frequency pattern (going to reg. release) and then keep one attempt at positive. Then, go to every 4 days. The only people who I think ought to start off with e4d are those with really irregular cycles or who OPK don't work on, or on Clomid, or in a huge hurry to get pregnant, or husbands have low sperm count or some other complicating factor like that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also sorry to hijack ! Atomic , I messaged you yesterday .. did you get it ??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnburke View Post
    I'm also sorry to hijack ! Atomic , I messaged you yesterday .. did you get it ??
    I'll check my Pm's first thing tomorrow - sorry I only usually check them 1-2 times a week.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast