Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Antidepressants?

I have tried to look online and on here for this question, I was wondering if antidepressants sway pink? I started taking prozac again because I have been going thru a tough time almost losing my dad, I was having bad panic attacks and was all around miserable. So do they completely screw up my girl sway or does it help? I'm sorry if this is a repeat question! Thanks ladies
    DS1 DS2 swayed but am being blessed with another prince

I'm the only queen in this house of blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe they do sway pink. Might want to check with atomic. She knows everything.
    [CENTER]
    Confirmed GIRL at 16w 3d!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to be a bad person and make anyone worry but Be careful with antidepressants most are a class c drug and really not good for baby and increase risk of autism 2 to 3 fold. I think its important everyone know this. Its important to weigh the benefits against the risk.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I fall pregnant I'm getting off of them. I have a small window before DH leaves, so it could be another 8 months. It's a very low dose so there's no need to wean off of them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On paper they sway pink, but as with everything in swaying, there is not a plethora of data supporting it.

Not safe during pregnancy so you will need to have a plan in place with your doctor about how and when to come off.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie85 View Post
    I don't want to be a bad person and make anyone worry but Be careful with antidepressants most are a class c drug and really not good for baby and increase risk of autism 2 to 3 fold. I think its important everyone know this. Its important to weigh the benefits against the risk.
    Just have to chime in in my pesky, study-nitpicking way and say it is not clear about the autism link because esp. women on ASD spectrum may be undiagnosed and be more likely to have feelings/emotions that lead them to go onto antidepressants and autism may be at least somewhat genetic not clear if this is correlation or causation. But 110% agree there needs to be a FIRM plan in place about when and how to come off. thank u rosie!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have an entire folder full of studies from our lawyers. I'd share them if I could but they are confidential of course. I can day though the cases from antidepressants. ..All of the asd kids come back with non genetic causes. Which means it's environmental...drugs are very dangerous for for the fetus. I won't even take a damn Tylenol because of my oldest and my fear that his asd was caused by taking antidepressants.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both DH and I were taking Welbutrin (also anti anexity and a few others for PTSD) around time DS1 was conceived. I just happened to run out 2wks before we went on vacation and forgot to refill them. When we got back I was sick and found out I was preg so I never went back on.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on antidepressants before I got pregnant with DS2. When I'm pregnant though I don't take anything except my prenatal vitamins. I'm super sensitive to any medication, everything even Tylenol makes me feel sick. I went cold turkey off the same dose last time and did just fine. Prozac in low dose is really safe to get off of.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've also heard it helps but who knows. I had half a Prozac for mild anxiety and bad PMS for 3 months before conceiving. I have to say that helped a lot with all the stress related to swaying and TTC. I stopped having it as soon as I got my BFP though. Unless you really need it I wouldn't continue to take it. I am having a baby girl, by the way.
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast