Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE meal ideas and recipes

Hi All

So I promised to start a thread with some recipes and meal ideas that I have enjoyed on my 8 months on the diet. I hope it helps someone and other ladies do feel free to add to this with recipes!!!

Just to be open, the way I have done the diet (and atomic - thank you for inventing this flexible diet!!!) is 1800-2000 cals (or maximum cals) for 50-60g protein, 30% cals from fat (c60g). I couldnt do 40-50g protein as protein is in EVERYTHING and its impossible to do that amount of protein and 1800 cals - I can't do empty calories of sugary pop, I hate it. I didn't want to start off too strict in order to leave room for manoeuvre and I am glad I didn't because I lost a lot of weight in the beginning and had subsequent problems ovulating (this was down to coming off BCP, not due to diet). My weight has been stable since christmas, with just 1-2kg fluctuations up and down which doesn't mean anything. I have wanted to keep it stable because apparently I look thin so I certainly do not need to lose any more weight. My BMI is around 20.8. No need to cut further (I weigh 58-59kg and when my DS was conceived I was 70-71kg. Lowest adult weight is 54-55kg and I have no desire to be back there - just to say 54kg and 72kg are the extremes of weight I have been in adulthood!)

I have managed, for the most part, to be vegetarian monday to thursday and then relax at the weekend so I don't do this fully 7 days a week I am usually over my totals at the weekend whether meat is eaten or not. I can't for my own sanity but also DH is not happy about it. At first he wasn't so bothered but now it has been taking so long to conceive he is blaming this and blaming me.

So here I am with my sushi takeaway, champagne and 'he's just not that into you' on TV - I'm going to do as much as I can in the next hour and please bear with me, I will add what I can, when I can. I can't be on here as much as I used to be.

Apologies but the links will be a bit UK centric

(admins - sorry if this is in the wrong place, if it is, please move it - thank you)
    Last edited by stephk; July 4th, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

2. Thanks sunnygirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This I would often have for lunch at work:

Jacket potato
    Pack of Mash Direct cauliflower cheese: Ocado: Mash Direct Cauliflower Cheese Gratin 350g(Product Information)
    Salad (bag of salad leaves, a few roasted veg*, maybe some artichokes)

* things like asparagus and baby corn, I would wash and then wrap in foil before putting in the oven to roast - uses no fat. Things like butternut squash, onion, courgette, mushroom, i would spray some frylight on a tray and place the cut up veg onto this before roasting

approx 645 cals, 17g protein and 20g fat

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another lunch:

Kirstys moroccan veg: Ocado: Moroccan Vegetables with Quinoa & Brown Rice 400g(Product Information) direct red cabbage & beetroot: Ocado: Mash Direct Red Cabbage & Beetroot 350g(Product Information)

For most people this would be enough, but I usually add a salad....

approx 550 cals, 14g fat, 15g protein
    Last edited by stephk; July 5th, 2014 at 02:39 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another great lunch (or dinner!) idea - if you can find a low fat veggie soup, this will fill you up if you add other things with it (I am not one of those people who can just sit with a cup of soup!!) Two great soup examples I have had a lot of:
    Chargrilled veg soup: Ocado: Chargrilled Vegetable Soup Waitrose Love Life 600g(Product Information)
    Slow roast tomato soup: Ocado: New Covent Slow Roast Tomato Soup 600g(Product Information)

I will often have a soup, a BIG salad and a pretzel. Or if extra hungry a white baguette instead of a pretzel. If I need to get 2 eggs with mayo in, I will go for the tomato and balsamic soup, a white baguette, the eggs and mayo (its a tiny bit of mayo and I have never been one for butter in sarnies, plus a big salad as above and I am stuffed.

All of this without the eggs and mayo: 490 cals, 5g fat, 15g protein.
    all of this with the eggs and mayo: 720 cals, 20g fat, 27g protein (please note I have a teaspoon of full fat mayo and large free range eggs)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A dinner I would often have. Now my DH sometimes will tolerate a veggie meal, most of the time he won't, so this is perfect for adding a chicken breast/pork chop/whatever to this for your DH.

Stuffed peppers:
    1 pepper for each person, cut into halves (fry a tray with fry light and place these on the baking tray tray facing up)
    Put some whole mushrooms on the baking tray.
    Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins or however long you like to cook these for
    cook a pack of garlic and coriander cous cous (or whatever cous cous)Ocado: Garlic & Coriander Couscous Waitrose 110g(Product Information)

When cooked, I fill the peppers with the cous cous and also divide some layered veg between the 2 plates: Ocado: Layered Vegetables Waitrose 350g(Product Information)

will often have a corn on the cob on the side

approx 450 cals, 10g fat, 8g protein - so this is brilliant for dinner if you are out with work for lunch or something. Gives you lots of allowance
    Last edited by stephk; July 5th, 2014 at 02:34 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chickpea or lentil curry.

recipe:
    either a tablespoon of good quality olive oil or chilli oil or whatever oil - or a few sprays of frylight
    1 finely chopped onion
    as much garlic as you want to chuck in
    1 tsp garam masala
    as much chilli flakes/fresh chilli you want to chuck in
    1 tsp cumin
    1tsp turmeric
    1tsp dried coriander
    salt to taste (i use sea salt)
    1 can chickpeas (Ocado: Mr Organic Chick Peas 400g(Product Information)) OR lentils (Ocado: Mr Organic Organic Lentils 400g(Product Information))
    1 can chopped tomatoes (Ocado: Organic Chopped Italian Tomatoes Waitrose 400g(Product Information))
    as much fresh coriander as you like to chuck in/garnish etc

I often add whatever veggies are in the fridge and some butternut squash

Method:
    1. put either the oil or fry light in a large wok, pot or frying pan. Whatever you prefer. Chuck in the garlic and onion and cook until translucent (3-5 mins)
    2. add all spices, chilli etc to the pot for 1 minute
    3. add the chickpeas or lentils and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 mins.
    4. If adding veggies at them at the same time as the other stuff for 20 mins

I use a pack of white basmati rice from tilda: Ocado: Tilda Steamed Basmati Pure 250g(Product Information)

chickpea curry (using chilli olive oil): approx 650 cals, 10g fat, 15g protein
    lentil curry: 500 cals, 9g fat, 9g protein

This is great to adapt up or down with more or less fat or veggies depending on your other meals

and you can add meat onto your DHs curry without him realising you are not eating meat

8. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    going to bed now will post more soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great Thank you!
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a brilliant site for veggie recipies. They wouldn't want me to repost recipies but I am sure they won't mind me sharing the website details:

We Don't Eat Anything With A Face

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this a few times - very yummy and I usually have garlic bread with it

Ingredients
    1 tbsp olive oil (or frylight spray if you prefer)
    1 onion, chopped
    2 red peppers deseeded and finely chopped
    1 chopped courgette (optional)
    1 garlic clove, crushed (I love garlic and having some these days is a real treat so I will use more than one!)
    400g can chopped tomatoes
    500g pack gnocchi (I use Ocado: Giovanni Rana Gnocchi 500g(Product Information))
    handful basil leaves, torn
    mozzarella balls - Ocado: Galbani Mini Mozzarella 150g(Product Information)

Method
    1. Heat grill to high. Heat the oil/frylight in a large frying pan, then soften the onion, garlic and other veg for 5 mins.
    2. tip in the tomatoes and gnocchi, then bring to a simmer. Bubble for 5-10 mins (use your own judgement), stirring occasionally, until the gnocchi is soft and the sauce has thickened.
    3. Season if required (I don't), stir through the basil, then transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
    4. Scatter with the mozzarella, then grill for 5-6 mins until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Alternatively oven bake for 5-10 mins.

Cooking with olive oil is 646 cal, 17g fat and 23g protein. Fat content will be lower if using frylight spray.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast