Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic: Can being anemic affect chances of getting pregnant/implantation?

So I've been off and on LE diet since the first week of February and even though I'm still eating meat, I'm rarely eating red meat. Lately over the past several weeks I've started experiencing pica-- craving non-food items (crayons actually!) This has happened a few times in the past, never during pregnancy, and starting a high dose iron supplement (Hema-Plex) has immediately stopped the cravings within 24 hours. I've been off all vitamin supplements (except folic acid) since November as preparation for my sway. Since I've read that pica can be a symptom of iron deficiency and in the past starting an iron supplement has immediately stopped the pica, I'm assuming that I am again iron deficient. So should I start taking an iron supplement now, before my next attempt in August (will be my 4th cycle attempting) or does being anemic sway girl? Or is being anemic HURTING my chances at getting pregnant? I did a quick search and did read that being anemic can decrease egg quality and increase miscarriage, so I'm thinking even if it does sway girl, it's not worth it. Thoughts?
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not AS but i'd recommend going in for a blood test to be sure. I know nutrients sway blue but if you're anemic and you need the iron supp then you need to take it! Hoping atomic will chime in soon for you and good luck catching the egg!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you 100%. You need to do what's best for your health first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I'm not AS but i'd recommend going in for a blood test to be sure. I know nutrients sway blue but if you're anemic and you need the iron supp then you need to take it! Hoping atomic will chime in soon for you and good luck catching the egg!
    [CENTER]
    Confirmed GIRL at 16w 3d!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take your iron supplement 3x a week. Anyone who's been on LE Diet for as long as you have, and especially has a history of anemia (even if you are eating a bit of meat here and there) needs to do that anyway. IRon stores last about 5-6 months and after that you're running on fumes.

Doesn't matter if it sways pink, blue, or plaid, you need it for health at that point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I'll start an iron supplement as soon as we get back from vacation (one more week)!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.