Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

35+ FR how many attempts?

Hello,
    I have just studied one of the essays posted by atomic (the how many attempts one) (Thank you so much by the way for all your time and effort and the amazing info).

Basically I have one boy and we are TTC girl starting next month, my son was conceived with dtd every 5-7 days so I figured we will try FR this time. I am 37 so I worry about limiting my chances too much. I was going to FR +1 attempt, is that too much of a gamble cause of my age?
    And,
    I am rubbish with the whole ovulation thing, if I get a predictor, you know those that tell you your two most fertile days, when will O-3 be? When in my cycle should I start using the opk? And then, Shall we do O-3 and O-2 then stop?

I have read and re read everything a trillion times but I am not too clear on what to do.
    Many many thanks!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you get the opk then just BD once when you get a positive. With the FR I guess it depends how your DH feels about it. It doesn't seem to be swaying much, if at all (check out the stats). For marital harmony you can just DTD with protection, and let him release whenever he wants in between attempts. All the best for your sway!
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, it's not a gamble at all to start off wiht one attempt. Several of us have gotten burned by thinking "OMG I"m over 35 so that means I must be infertile and have to do EVERYTHING possible to improve my odds of conception" only to turn around and improve ourselves right into another boy LOL.

I think you need to drop timing RIGHT NOW though. That WILL cut your odds of conception considerably and it doesn't work either. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

My advice is to do one of the following:

Best sway, lowest odds of conception, highest stress: Have DH release 7-10 days straight and then go for one attempt at pos OPK

Compromise (still good sway, better odds conception, lowest stress): DTD every 4 days thru fertile window

"worst" sway but still pretty good, highest odds conception, medium stress: DTD every 4 days thru fertile window plus one attempt at pos OPK
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you covered

Thanks atomic for your reply and thank you for everything you do and share with us, it's amazing!

I just worry cause it took us one year to conceive our DS but to be honest we weren't actively seeking pregnancy, I just dropped contraception and let nature take its (long) course but now I am "in a hurry" cause of my age and cause I want my children to be close in age. I had a cesarean though so I had to wait a year to TTC again.

Anyway your post raises some questions if you don't mind please...I really really appreciate your help as I am stressing!! And I don't want that extra testosterone lol.

Option one: do you mean as soon as I get a positive opk? That would be o-2 ish more or less? (I have never used them and I am new to this)

Option two: doesn't bd every 4 days sway boy?? And, would we do FR before this? And by fertile window I assume you mean from first positive opk?

Please excuse my million questions!! We are only having one more baby so the pressure is on lol!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Option 1 - yes as soon as you get positive on opk. I think best to buy cheap ones on internet and then test mid morning and late afternoon/early eve to make sure you don't miss your surge.

Option 2 - I thought this was recommended as it should mean one attempt at O without the stress of working out exactly when O is.

Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2004 + 2007 + 2008
    + 2015

Due August 2018... hoping

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will O within 8 - 48 hours of first +OPK. Those are the outside limits, and it's probably more like 24 - 36 hours.

Your fertile window is about 4-5 days in length. If you are not doing OPKs (low stress), then BDing every 4 days after AF leaves town will guarantee that you get one attempt in during your window, regardless of when you O.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)Yes, or sometime around about there. Doesn't need to be that second or anything, that night is fine or even the next morning. Yes between 24-36 hours before O is the average.

2)We once thought that it would but over time it has grown more apparent that the rate at which DH ejaculates isn't doing as much as we thought it would (if in fact it does anything, which it is seeming more and more like it isn't) and instead, having one attempt in the fertile window (simply put - any time you could conceive, typically O-3 thru O day) IS working. None of us predicted that, but it's apparently working some sort of mojo - for now we can only guess at why.

Thus, since "swaycession" does seem to sway strongly blue, and all the timing and frequency stuff really aggravates obsessive feelings towards swaying (not to mention that OPK are not working for everyone) we've been trying the idea of just BD unprotected every 4 days. this ensures one attempt in the fertile window without having to think about it. Worst case scenario is O-3 and O day attempt but that's really low odds of conception from O-3 so really counts more as one attempt.

Additionally there is sperm count to consider and since sperm count doesn't seem to be geting it done while one attempt DOES, we want to be in with best odds of conception with one attempt, thus regular release every 2-4 days, so BD every 4 days is just one way to be sure we are in with good numbers of sperm for best odds of conception with one attempt.

Hope that all makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again.

So all three techniques sway pink as it is, even though there isn't a "strict timing" to call it somehow?
    Just double checking as I am getting scared now, now is TTC time!!

I am only doing a light sway (more or less: cranberry, magnesium, heat up his buddies before dtd, no big O, new moon hopefully, ions, and diet wise cut down red meat and potatoes, oh and sudafed and sylk on dtd). Is that not too great/enough to do with the dtd options you suggested?

Thank you all for your replies
    Last edited by CattyPad; July 22nd, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    Any opinions on my last post, would love some feedback and also my question if the options actually sway pink? Thanks again

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Double post x

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast