Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on managing weight loss when weight gets too low

I honestly never thought I'd be in this position. I started out with 30 pounds to lose and started the diet only 12 weeks from my attempt. I've been honestly eating the upper limits of LE (1500-1800 calories per day, 40-50 grams of protein, 30% of fat) with a cheat meal once a week or so. I also eat things like vegetarian pizza (within limits) 2-3x a week. The past 2 months I've lost 10 lbs per month. I currently am 5 lbs from being underweight (lost 26 lbs!) and don't know how to stop the weight loss without swaying blue.

I'm currently 5 dpo (I think? not tracking this month) and have lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days. If I keep up the diet and exercise as is (1800 calories per day, 30% fat, 50 grams of protein) I'm worried I'll lose the last 5 lbs before AF and I'm guessing I'm probably not pg this month.

So given I only have 5 lbs to lose and might lose that weight if I keep going with my loose version of LE.. in my shoes, would you (a) loosen up LE now (ie get up to 2000ish calories per day, 60 grams of protein, more fat, eat a small portion of fish a few times a week, some eggs, etc) and hope that either I'm pregnant now and if not that I can lose those last 5 lbs during next month's AF-O... OR (b) do I go ahead and keep going with the steady weight loss during this 2 WW and gamble I'm pregnant.. and then AF comes and I'm underweight go ahead and loosen up the diet during next month's AF-O. I feel like the most "crucial" time on the diet is AF-O so option b scares me, but I'm curious what you ladies think!

Also I'll add I'm doing the 60 minutes of cardio daily and feel strongly about keeping this in my sway no matter how thin I get. I'd really rather adjust food than give up my beloved cardio!

I've asked atomic as well, but I'm curious what you guys who have been in my shoes have done to manage this! I'm really praying I'm pg either this month or next month because I'll be gutted if I lose those last 5 lbs and I'm still not pregnant and have to start eating blue foods to bring back ovulation
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was losing too much weight is eat a few little Debbie cakes per week. Low fat, no protein, just empty calories. If ou go above 1800 calories that doesn't automatically sway blue, especially if it's junk food and you're still losing weight!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    When I was losing too much weight is eat a few little Debbie cakes per week. Low fat, no protein, just empty calories. If ou go above 1800 calories that doesn't automatically sway blue, especially if it's junk food and you're still losing weight!
    That is a good idea. My automatic thought was to eat some fish or eggs (because I'm freaking too used to be a health freak boy mom), but eating more empty sugar is probably a genius way to stop weight loss that will still sway pink! I wasn't losing weight hardly at all my first month on LE when I was eating sugary desserts so I bet if I took up that habit again my weight loss will slow down. Going to go cookie shopping for some low fat cookies today!
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any junk food is fine, Little debbie cakes are just pretty calorically dense and they're a special treat I wouldn't normally eat when not swaying.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree with Carmella. Personally, I would let myself get super thin BUT I know for a fact I don't lose O even when very underweight, so obviously I can't recommend that for most people. Empty sugar cals are the safe way to go.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should say my bmi is still 19.5 or so, so I realize I probably could lose some more but I've literally never been this thin in my life and I worry if TTC drags on for months I might lose O if I keep losing at this pace. That being said fingers crossed in case I do get crazy thin that I'm like you and keep ovulating! This whole being thin thing is uncharted territory for me, lol.
    DS1 (2012)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, I've got the same problem, I'm losing weight too fast and I'm struggling to eat 1800-2000 cals a day without going over fat and protein totals. I live in the UK so I wondered if there are any UK ladies out there with good ideas for high calorie (low fat & protein) foods that are found easily in the supermarket? MP

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Refined carbs are the way to go for weight maintenance, I havent lost or gained any weight will concentrating mainly on empty carbs
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mary Poppins - I always have Snack-a-Jacks Jumbo packs in Caramel or s&V for a quickie dessert with dinner which aren't high in protein or fat and fill me up! I get them in Tesco when they're on offer for Ł1. Hope this helps!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am with the others on the empty carbs. I have been eating candy and brownies when I feel like it for these exact reasons. Good luck. I really hope you get your BFP this month and don't have to worry about it!
    Four Amazing Boys!

One Sweet Girl - Thanks to Atomic and GD!

One angel watching over us

Praying and swaying for another so that , hopefully, our daughter can have a sister.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast