Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alcohol...

Hi ladies, just wanted to get your opinions on alcohol, is it a good tactic to add to a girl sway? If so, how much and how often would you drink it? MPx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems to sway pink but I wouldn't add it unless you enjoy it because it's unhealthy and a bad habit, KWIM? I have used it as a source of empty calories in my diet (in lieu of sugar). Many of us drink daily but you can drink as often as you like. Unhealthy drinks are recommended like hard liquor or white wine instead of red. Two drinks maximum is recommended for health reasons.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I am not sure if it really sways. I think if you want to bring your body in a bad condition you have to drink much more alcohol and that´s unhealthy.
    And alcohol has loads of calories! It can be hard to stay in the LE diet range!

However I incorparated alcohol in my sway because it helps me to relax (--> my second name is Martha )
    Sorry for my bad English! - I am from Austria!!

Ferdinand 7 yrs Leopold 5 yrs
    MC in october 2013
    MC in august 2015

After 3 years: due in June!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drink a diet coke with vodka every evening. Sometimes on the weekends I might even have 2 or 3 drinks I was never a drinker before swaying but now I look forward to my drink every evening! I have a bad habit of snacking all evening after my kids go to bed which is obviously not LE friendly, so I started making a drink instead. It really helps me to relax and not think about swaying or other stress and just enjoy my time with my DH!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do agree with the other ladies that my evening drink has been helping a lot for relaxation!
    DS1 (2012)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it sways pink and recommend it as a source of empty cals for those who need them. Moderate drinking, no more than that
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a hard time with the American recommendations for "moderate" drinking. It's no more than 7 drinks a week for women. That's one a night! In Europe, moderate is 14 drinks per week for women. It means you're not a lush if you have two glasses of wine every night with dinner.

I swayed with European standards for moderate alcohol consumption, and I'm having a girl
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had never had an alcoholic drink in my life (drank only water and green/white tea and have 2 boys LOL!) and have included alcohol in my sway. Like JP2007 I'm also doing a shot of vodka with diet cherry Dr. Pepper every night. I'm stopping at +opk though as there was at least one study I read that said women who drank 10 alcoholic drinks a week during the week of conception had a much higher risk of miscarriage. So I will do one drink a night which will limit me to 7 a week. I have no problem stopping at +opk so I don't think I'm at risk for starting a long term unhealthy habit or anything. I also read that the short-term effect of consuming alcohol can be an increase in blood sugar levels, BUT a longer-term effect might be a drop in blood sugar so maybe that's how it sways girl?

All I know is that my 3 best friends who have 2 girls each all drink alcohol on a regular basis, while me and my other best friend never drank alcohol and both have 2 boys. The stats on alcohol and girl sway are great (much more so than the inverse) so I'm definitely including it.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynazyme View Post
    Honestly I am not sure if it really sways.
    Really? The stats on it are actually better than LE diet, licorice root, vitex, saw palmetto, clomid, exercise, skipping breakfast, and even 1 attempt! Only 60% of women who didn't drink alcohol at all had girls, while 79% of women who did drink alcohol did have girls. And the sample size is good too, so we're not just talking about a handful of women.

If I saw those stats and was trying for a boy I definitely don't think I'd be drinking any alcohol! I think the only other swaying techniques that are getting better results are "1st cycle after miscarriage" (81%) and "olive leaf extract for DH" (85%), but both of those have pretty small sample sizes.

I'd definitely be including alcohol in my girl sway if at all possible.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting essnce. I had quit looking at the stats so I had no idea alcohol was doing that well. I just liked wine/liquor so I figured it couldn't hurt so might as well
    DS1 (2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast