Thread: 45 day cycles

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

45 day cycles

I made an attempt last month and today at 13dpo I got a BFN. I know I am not completely out until AF shows up but I think my chances are slim. I am a little bummed because my last cycle was 45 days and now I am probably back at square one. On the other hand I am a little relieved because my sway hasn't been strong and this will give me some more time on diet and exercise.

I am still breastfeeding, and I think that is to blame for my long cycle. I ovulated in June, had a chemical pregnancy, and AF came at the start of July. I did not ovulate again until July 28th or 29th. My first PP ovulation in June came after my son went 2 weeks straight sleeping through the night without nursing. He is 10 months now and just cut his first tooth and he has been waking up twice at night to eat. Do you think this might be what is delaying my ovulation? Is there anything I can do about it? I was planning on taking Vitex AF-O this cycle and I am hoping that might help. I was taking it the cycle when my ovulation first returned but skipped the last one after my chemical. Maybe that is the reason?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure atomic will chime in with good advice, but I definitely think night feeding is delaying ovulation. I forget how the science works, but night feeding in particular (rather than day feeding) especially if you are night feeding twice definitely can make ovulation go away or delay it or cause long cycles. I'm not sure what the solution is, however, but definitely think that's the cause!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Vitex may help, or it may hurt. LE diet and exercise have a way of messing up cycles, it's frustrating but take heart in the fact that it's swaying pink!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both nursing and TTC after a chemical can cause a delay in cycle. I think you have it pegged that your son waking up a bit more often may have slightly delayed ovualtion.

I would NOT have you take vitex. I don't think you need it (because cycle is back, just a bit long) and it may very well be the case that the nursing and longer than average cycle is swaying pink for you anyway. Vitex can be like throwing gasoline on a fire sometimes and I think it's not gotten the results we'd need to see to continue using it as freely as we have been up till this point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the help everyone! I will follow your advice and steer clear of the Vitex. I am certainly hoping that these long cycles are swaying pink! I use OPK's and this past cycle I noticed several LH surges that look "almost" positive and then finally a very clear positive with cramping and some EWCM. Clearly my body is having to work hard to ovulate so I am going to try to look at that as a good thing.
    '09 '13 due in June 2015