Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My plan - will this sway at all?

I'm getting ready to sway pink, but I'm not sure that you girls would even consider this swaying. I'd love some opinions as to whether what I'm doing is going to help at all.

I'm still breastfeeding my son, so I'm finding the diet very hard to stick to (I know, excuses excuses). I've decided to just make weight loss my goal. If I've lost weight, we'll try that month. I'm a vegetarian, although I was when I conceived my son, so I don't feel very confident that this will help.

I'm drinking Crystal Light and peppermint tea throughout the day.

My son was conceived with very frequent BD'ing through ovulation. Because of breastfeeding, ovulation isn't 100% predictable, so we plan to abstain for at least 7 days and then DTD once when I get a positive OPK. I plan to use Rephresh and take a single dose of benadryl before the attempt. Dh has been taking hot baths every night.

I'm not sure that I really believe in the power of ions, but I own a rock salt lamp so I'm keeping it on beside my bed. What the heck, right?

We've both been taking 1200mg of calcium and 300mg of magnesium daily, and I've been taking 1000mcg of folic acid. DH will take cranberry on the week of the attempt.

In all honesty, do you think I'm swaying the odds at all? I'm usually such an all-or-nothing, type A personality, but I'm not sure that I want to take that approach. Are there any other easy things I can do that make a difference? Opinions are appreciated

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are swaying. I definitely do not think that you bf is an excuse for not sticking to the diet. I was hungry non stop when bf. I was eating a lot. I know that the thinking on this and other forums is that it is good to TTC for pink when bf. But personally I do not think it is good to ttc when bf at all especially if bub is exclusively bf. How old is your bub? I would wait till he is 6 months old at least that way he will be getting nutrition from solids too and you can cut down on cheese and nuts and eggs (I assume u r eating a lot of them being a vegetarian) and can exercise a lot more and that would be a better sway and will be better for your bub. Up to you. Also we were atempting when I was bf dd2 but did not get pregnant. It depends on the person but I think bf prevents implantation. I know a few women who did fall pg when bf but their bubs were over 6 months and they had cut out the night feeds as their babies were sleeping through the night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BF itself sways pink too, doesn't it?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that you are swaying! I am bf'ing my 18 month old. My cycles are still irregular and tracking my ovulation very difficult to do. I conceived both of my other two children while bf'ing.
    Mom to
    A HUGE thank you to Atomic and the Gender Dreaming Forum!!
    Due The End Of July

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls, that makes me feel a bit more hopeful.

Layla, my son is just shy of 10 months old and has a stretch of 9 hours of sleep before his first wake-up at night. Hopefully this will be enough to allow a pregnancy to happen. He`s eating lots of solids, so I feel pretty confident that he`s getting what he needs. Maybe the fact that it may take awhile to get pregnant is another good reason not to go too hardcore.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a modified diet while bfing DS2 (from 12-17mths). He is a good eater and eats very healthy for a toddler. I lowered protein to 40g a day which is the min for a bfing mom, I do not eat potassium/omega rich foods but DS2 does, and I don't eat salty or sugary foods. I do take vita A, E, B6, iron, calcium, mag, folic acid, and other herbs to make up for anything that the milk needs and for my own vita issues. DS2 is 17mths 33inches tall and 26lbs and has not showed any signs of low weight gain or digestive issues.

Since I stopped putting sugar in my coffee I noticed that DS2 sleeps a lot better, I am using aspartame but plan to stop as soon as I get preg.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think you are swaying quite well and if you're happy with that, I wouldn't change a thing (except telling you to give up the cal-mag pills...but that is a whole nother controversy)!!! You might like to read the following essay I wrote - not swaying at all is actually a kind of a sway!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...zing-your-sway

It is hard for people to wrap their minds around this, but for a pink sway, it may sway "harder" to do less and stay relaxed rather than to attack like a terrier and do everything. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...ply-and-Demand
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh if your baby is 10 months and sleeping a 9 hr stretch you should be fine. My princess was still feeding 5 times per day including 2 times per night when we tried a couple of times to get pg. I agree with atomic that calcium sways pink. Oxford study that atomic has up in research section clearly showed that. Sorry to tell you this but 4 of my close friends fell pregnant with baby boys when bf their girls. So up to you maybe you can wait 2 months wean and then starve yourself for a girl up to you...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice. I know I could do a MUCH better sway if I were to stop breastfeeding, but I don't know if it's worth it. Getting pregnant with my son didn't come easily and neither did breastfeeding; I know I'd regret weaning him if it takes a while to conceive again this time. Each month it doesn't happen is another month that I could have kept breastfeeding, you know?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely understand - and there's no way I would have stopped BFing at such a young age for a sway. I did 'kind of' stop so I could sway more thoroughly but my DS was 21 months old and only having a bedtime feed - which he wasn't even that interested in anymore! Good luck!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast