Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been TTC A DD for 6 months and where to cut back on swaying...

Hi! We've been TTC a DD for 6 months now. Our first month was an okay sway, but since then, we've done shallow penetration, JND, 5,3 and 2 day cutoffs. I've cut back on sodium, red meat, added more dairy and cranberry. There are a few others we've tried. But I'm still not PG It took 1 try each with my DS's who were both concieved the day of of day before O. I fully understand that each pregnancy is different and that because I got PG quickly with my first two, I might not with my third.

But it doesn't make it easier. So now I am left with deciding what to continue and what to cut out. I've used RepHresh every month TTC. I would like to stick with a 2 day cutoff but maybe not JND. Here is what I'm thinking about doing:

- Use RepHresh the day before attempt with a 2 day cutoff
    - Missionary, DH on top, prop hips for 10 min or so.
    - Stick with more dairy, lots of cranberry, lower sodium diet.

And that's about it. I don't know what else to do. ANY and ALL advice is welcome and appreciated

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has to be the cutoffs. Your DH's sperm just may not be making it that long. FWIW, unknowingly, I JND with all my girls. I DTDthe day before O ) with frequent(daily) BD starting after AF leading up and then my husband was too tired by O so I think we always ended up with a one day cutoff and then the day after I O we DTD again, LOL!

You cannot have a DD without getting pregnant and timing is the least effective way anyway when it comes to swaying. You have to do what you can live with but maybe just avoiding O day will help get the sperm to the egg!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    Hi! We've been TTC a DD for 6 months now. Our first month was an okay sway, but since then, we've done shallow penetration, JND, 5,3 and 2 day cutoffs. I've cut back on sodium, red meat, added more dairy and cranberry. There are a few others we've tried. But I'm still not PG It took 1 try each with my DS's who were both concieved the day of of day before O. I fully understand that each pregnancy is different and that because I got PG quickly with my first two, I might not with my third.

But it doesn't make it easier. So now I am left with deciding what to continue and what to cut out. I've used RepHresh every month TTC. I would like to stick with a 2 day cutoff but maybe not JND. Here is what I'm thinking about doing:

- Use RepHresh the day before attempt with a 2 day cutoff
    - Missionary, DH on top, prop hips for 10 min or so.
    - Stick with more dairy, lots of cranberry, lower sodium diet.

And that's about it. I don't know what else to do. ANY and ALL advice is welcome and appreciated
    I~personally~ would keep the J and D and scoot the cutoff one day closer. But what you suggest, dropping J and D while keeping cutoff will also help. Are you guys doing abstinence or frequent release, or just the cutoff?? If you're abstaining, you might want to try frequent release.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry it's taking so long, you must be so fed up now.

Are you only making one attempt each month? I would keep up with the Rephresh and other stuff but maybe DTD every day from AF to 1 day before O. Do you use OPKs and how do they usually work out for you? I'm planning on a 1 day cut off (because I want to get pregnant but give the Rephresh enough chance to work) and I know that means DTD on the day of my first OPK. If you want to stick to only one attempt each month then perhaps move it up to the day before O.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    It has to be the cutoffs. Your DH's sperm just may not be making it that long. FWIW, unknowingly, I JND with all my girls. I DTDthe day before O ) with frequent(daily) BD starting after AF leading up and then my husband was too tired by O so I think we always ended up with a one day cutoff and then the day after I O we DTD again, LOL!

You cannot have a DD without getting pregnant and timing is the least effective way anyway when it comes to swaying. You have to do what you can live with but maybe just avoiding O day will help get the sperm to the egg!
    Thanks for sharing your experiences! That is very helpful!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you to each of you! Zanacal, I have been using OPK's every month and I chart my results of that. I do not do temps as I am up at different hours and I don't think it would be reliable. However, I know I can't tell exactly when I O, but I always get a = OPK and the next evening I get bloated and a good amount of cramping. And from my charting, I have O'd right on schedule each month. We haven't tried abstaining since I got PG with DS 1 that way. We've been doing every other day up until 2 day cutoff most months. We had a 5 day cutoff one month, due to DH's work schedule, not due to our TTC schedule Then we had a 3 day cutoff thinking it was 2. The rest have been 2 day.

I know I shouldn't complain, as 6 months is nothing to some, and I am very thankful I was able to get PG naturally with my DS's. I just get frustrated sometimes. But I know all I can do is try, try, try again, so here we go Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry chunky monkey - I can't imagine your frustration. Here I've been bellyaching about not getting pregnant my first month and you've been at it 6! I agree with everyone else - I'd drop the cut off first. We're doing frequent bd up until I get a positive OPK (using a digi so I can be sure), then we dtd one more time then stop. For me, this works out to a one-day cut off, since I almost always O within 24 hours of getting my positive. This month we dtd about 12 hours before O, by my calculations.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would you be willing to try Clomid?? That will sway pink and help you get pg.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies! Mocha, I am too nervous to DTD any closer than 2 days before O. That is only because I concieved my DS's the day of and day before O. But it is frustrating to not get PG and it is hard on all of us, no matter how long it has taken. I am upset at 6 months, but there are many others who have been TTC 1 and 2 years! But that doesn't make mine or your frustration and disappointment any less.

Atomic, I don't know much about Clomid, but as long as it is safe, I would try it. The one thing I have heard is that it ups the odds of twins. I would be totally ok with that, but I don't know about my DH. I don't think I can go to my Dr. with it being only 6 months, especially since we are not DTD on O day. I don't know how long you have to be TTC to see a Dr. about it. What should I say if I call to make an appointment?

Because I can't do the diet full out now, I know I am already starting at lower odds So I need to do all I can otherwise!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't want to DTD any closer than 2 days then I would ditch the JND and/or switch to frequent release. GL x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast