Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reassurance please

After much thought and discussion about number if attempts and swaying V conceiving, we went for 2 attempts, Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening.
    I OPK tested 3 tines a day and hot my first positive at 1pm Wednesday.
    I resisted the temptation to DTD again last night.
    I know that it's very possible to get pregnant with even one attempt, but I still worry that we didn't do enough.
    I expect that I ovulated yesterday or today.
    Please reassure me that our chances of conception are OK, even if last attempt was 2 days before ovulation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 days before ovulation is among the two highest days of conception. Both 2 days and 1 day before ovulation have conception rates above 30%.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou. Chances are 30% from either one of these days alone? They are equally as good? Or is that from BD'ing on both?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BD 2 days before O (and not afterwards) accounts for something like 33% of all pregnancies.

BD 1 day before O (and not afterwards) accounts for something like 32.5% of all pregnancies

THere is not the level of info for me to be able to say, yes these people had X numbers of attempts and so on. That wasn't covered in that study.

But it is absolutely, totally, completely and thoroughly possible to get pg from one attempt provided it is on a day with good odds of conception. ONe shot of sperm has more than enough swimmers to impregnate millions of women.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou for the information and for easing my worries yet again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO prob! Good luck for this moneth! Nov. is my lucky month because that's when I got my DD!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent! I'm feeling good about a BFP this month, and as time goes on, that's becoming more important than swaying, although if course I'm still hoping for pink!
    You may remember that one of the reasons we were going to BD more was because DH thought we weren't trying enough.. Well, to keep the peace, last night, 9pm Friday, we DTD again. Would you count that as an attempt? First positive OPK was Wednesday 1pm.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent! I'm feeling good about a BFP this month, and as time goes on, that's becoming more important than swaying, although if course I'm still hoping for pink!
    You may remember that one of the reasons we were going to BD more was because DH thought we weren't trying enough.. Well, to keep the peace, last night, 9pm Friday, we DTD again. Would you count that as an attempt? First positive OPK was Wednesday 1pm.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would count Fri as a third attempt, yes, but most likely it was after you Oed.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was after I O'd, would it still count? I know it's unlikely to conceive BD'ing after O, so I hoped it wouldn't.
    Hopefully wednesdays sperm caught it before!

I had been more relaxed this month, but then obsessed the whole of ovulation week, which I know is bad for my sway, so now in worried about that too!

I've had a fun cheat day yesterday, and now I'm going to try to relax into another 2 week wait.

Thankyou very much for you support and for answering all my questions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast