Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seeking Advice: Short Notice Sway

I've also posted this question to Atomic in my private forum, but thought I'd see what everyone else's thoughts were, too!

We were going to hold off trying for a baby for another few months and do a full, proper sway to try for a girl. BUT, due to some job changes, and general timing issues, we're now thinking the timing might be better if we get pregnant sooner (yikes!), and hopefully have a fall baby.

I ovulate next week. We're going to do the 7-10 day abstain, and than do one single attempt at positive OPK.

I guess my questions is this: We have a week. What other sway factors do you suggest given the short time frame? Is it worth it to start the supplements just a week ahead (I'm totally willing to try), as well as LE diet and hardcore exercise? I realize it's a really tight timeframe, but the job changes came up so quickly and we really feel it's best to get pregnant sooner rather than later!

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think it's worth it to start hardcore swaying (diet + exercise) immediately, as you may not conceive this cycle anyway and that way you have a jump sgart. Pkus while it doesn't sway as hard as long term swaying, it still sways to some extent. Better than nothing! Good luck

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As maiden said, it doesn't hurt to start diet and exercise immediately. There was a successful sway recently with only 5 weeks of diet/exercise although of course more is always better. Depending on how important conception is this month I would consider adding a hot bath or shower for DH and J&D. I'd really be extremely strict on the diet for a week and try to drop 3 or more pounds. Good luck!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point about starting hardcore swaying now and continuing, as we might not conceive right away. I guess I'm just in that mindset due to my last pregnancy, where all it took was one try!

It's not absolutely necessary that we conceive right away, but hopefully in the next two to three months.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AAA I didn't see this in your private forum, I don't think? Sorry I will go track it down right away.

I would not have you do Vitex, SP, or pep tea with a week to go. DO give your husband his supps for a week, they may help a littel.

I would not start exercise but would start diet.

Above all else, KEEP that one attempt!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's did (decided to sway maybe two weeks earlier).lots of diet coke, I took a antihistamine on the Friday (o) and then we had sexat about 11am saturday (i guessed about o+22hours and he "finished" really shallow then I went to the toilet immediately to try get rid of most of it. Nina is now almost one!! Good luck!!

3 1

due Jan 2nd 2014!!! Yay my GIRL

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Nice to know it worked on short notice for some!

Atomic, thanks for the advice! Have started the diet, going to get my man his supplements tonight. We are definitely on board with doing ONE attempt.

I'm pretty sure this is over in my private forum too, but there's a chance I did it wrong, since I'm still new and learning to navigate the site.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree the diet is a must, and yours is more of a crash diet. I see a lot of people do I really light diet and then are sick one week and eat next to nothing and that's always when they get their girls. I would probably do more of an 0+12 if your not stuck on a cut off, that will give you a few more days on the diet and time for hubby to lower sperm count either abstain or frequent release. Good luck!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO ONE has ever gotten pregnant from an attempt at O+22 . I'm not trying to quibble with anyone's firmly held belief, it is just biologically impossible and I do not want anyone to ever attempt this method of gender swaying. IF you get it right (and actually BD 22 hours after you ovulate) your odds of conception are ZERO.

Timing doesn't sway, O+12 doesn't work, and O+22 is an impossibility. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...9-no-12-a.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamajc View Post
    Thanks! Nice to know it worked on short notice for some!

Atomic, thanks for the advice! Have started the diet, going to get my man his supplements tonight. We are definitely on board with doing ONE attempt.

I'm pretty sure this is over in my private forum too, but there's a chance I did it wrong, since I'm still new and learning to navigate the site.
    I"m sure it's my fault, my daughter has been horribly sick for over a week and I'm running on fumes LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast