Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stressed out

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stressed out

I have 2 beautiful boys 5 and 2 who, well act like boys! I have a "boy mom" personality and with doing exercise and the diet for ttc girl I find myself getting even more stressed out and angry over silly little things they do. I love my boys so much but hearing the word "fart or bum" 50 times a day or walking in the house with mud all over their shoes is making my "boy mom" personality so much stronger. I get so worried and angry thinking that this could make everything I'm trying to do pointless if I can't control my emotions. I would love to hear some feedback from other swayers or tips on controlling stress!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel you! In the beginning I too felt myself getting obsessed with the exercise. I found myself trying to force my workout in. I had to take time off when I broke my toe and this was great for me! I had already been on the diet 3 months and this gave me more time on the diet. By the time my toe healed, the diet had changed me. I am no longer like a traditional boy mom! I have since been able to add exercise back in without being obsessed about it!

I think the longer you are on the diet, the diet can affect your personality. Give it time. Until then, try to manage stress and try not to force things.

Hang in there! 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely agree with the above! I don't have any kids yet but I DO have a very anxious personality, in fact full blown OCD for years. The diet & exercise can help so much to relax boy mom types.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! I have only been on the diet for a month now, so maybe I will start to feel some changes soon. It feels so nice to finally get to voice my fears and thoughts to other women who can understand what I'm going through! My husband knows and is all for me swaying but he just does not get it and, I only have 3 brothers (probably where I got my "boy mom" personality from) so not many people I can talk to who actually know what I'm talking about! How long before you started feeling different on the diet? This will be my last baby so I'm wondering if I can actually get to a no stress relaxed stage during this swaying attempt

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it varies person to person. It depends on how much anxiety, control issues, and OCD that you have. I had mild anxiety brought on when things did not go how I planned, or when I tried to control my environment. For me, about month 3 and that was when I got SUPER strict. I had to, because I couldn't exercise due to a broken toe. I have only mellowed more now I have been on the diet for 6 months super strict, 9 months total. We have been ttcing for 5 months though.

GL and PLEASE don't stress about this! Above all else do the diet WELL and stick to ONE attempt in your fertile window, whether it be at positive opk or by BDing every 4 days. Fiber before meals and exercise (only if you can do it well without stressing!!!) are just icing on the cake 😉!!

You're doing great so far (I can be your cheerleader)!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX can I ask. When you say 'anxiety & OCD'
    Is this a 'thing' you would know you have?? I mean I am
    SO laid back about so many things but if I really care about something or get a certain idea in my head I can bece obsessive! I get over it quite quickly though. I just as associate 'anxiety'
    With fast heart best, feeling nervous etc & i don't get those feelings over my actions. I certainly get annoyed if my exercise can't happen
    When I want it to though. Just wondering if this sounds 'boy mum'
    To you? TIA

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by I've got the blues View Post
    I have 2 beautiful boys 5 and 2 who, well act like boys! I have a "boy mom" personality and with doing exercise and the diet for ttc girl I find myself getting even more stressed out and angry over silly little things they do. I love my boys so much but hearing the word "fart or bum" 50 times a day or walking in the house with mud all over their shoes is making my "boy mom" personality so much stronger. I get so worried and angry thinking that this could make everything I'm trying to do pointless if I can't control my emotions. I would love to hear some feedback from other swayers or tips on controlling stress!!!!!
    I have 3 boys & completely understand!! Can't offer advice on staying calm as not sure I do if things don't go my way but I have def taken a relaxed approached to the boys' lately and their 'fart' jokes. I figure they are boys and it kinda is funny! I just don't allow that talk at the dinner table. I'm trying to teach them
    When
    It's appropriate to talk like that & not.. Hope this helps & good luck!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could not have said it better! I don't stress about everything and people at work actually say I am quite relaxed but when I get ideas in my head it's ALL I THINK ABOUT! It's more at home where I'm sometimes quick to snap at the boys like if I have things planed out and they are fooling around I go right to angry and stressed, yelling at them for making us late. I am just going to need to take your relaxed approach and tell myself "it will happen when it happens or we will get there when we get there". It's just hard wanting something so bad it hurts and that's how I feel about wanting a little girl. So I guess from now on if I fell myself slipping and stressing I will just take a deep breath and remind myself I am doing this all for her

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As hard as it is, try not to stress about stressing Don't over analyze why you are the way you are. Swaying isn't a guarantee anyways. All you can do is your best. If your having a bad day, then let it happen. But know tomorrow brings a new day
    The diet(especially) and exercise is usually a shock to us boy moms. It is so different then what we are used to. Give yourself time to adjust.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stressed out

All we can do is try the best we can. I feel any change from what we did to get our boys will help in trying for a girl. I agree that the diet and cardio is so different for us boy moms. Bad days are bad days, but they don't define who we are as a person. For me, the whole process of swaying is so different from anything I had ever done before. Swaying has changed me, I am so relaxed about the things that used to drive me crazy (like clutter, being late, or having to adjust plans).

GL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast