Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weight loss/gain

I am new to this site but have done enough lurking that I think I have a pretty good plan for us to try for a girl. I have 2 boys right now so I am really hoping this time I get to buy pink!!! Anyway I am just weaning from pumping for a milk bank, so since march I have been pumping 25-100 oz a day and have lost tons of weight because of it. I am technically underweight for my normal right now. I know I am not supposed to gain weight while TTC a girl but I don't think I can help it. Any kind of bf makes me lose and I lost about 60 lbs from pregnancy until now. We are planning on doing the supplements (me: vitex, saw palmetto, baby aspirin, folic acid and him: cranberry) for 6ish weeks or whenever I get my periods back, so if I gain up until CD1 of our attempt month, then lose even a pound or 2 during that first couple of weeks, will that be enough?

Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cagirl I think it is not ok to be under your normal BMI. You can loose ovulation and this is just a matter of time. Plus you dont know if you will be pregnant first time you try and this will just make all this process longer.
    I did this. I thought I will be pregnant first time, I lost a loooot of weight, under my normal BMI and for 3 cycles I get BFN!
    Now I went to a way where I cannot take weight anymore even if I eat.
    I just went to doctor yesterday and made some blood analyses. Today they came out bad and I cant wait to talk to my doctor and see whats wrong.
    So, from my own experience. Just dont loose that much, just loose a little and then keep it at that number until you get your BFP.
    Hoping you have a first try BFP!
    Good luck!
    My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I 100% agree with MyByC.

Being underweight will harm your fertility and your health. You do not want to do that! Breastfeeding will likely already reduce your fertility by a LOT. You are pumping a lot of milk so there's every chance you might not even be ovulating because of the lactation.

You should take the time now while weaning to gain weight so you're at least at minimum normal BMI (> 18.5). And once you get there, do not worry about losing weight at all while swaying because you don't have any weight to lose! Just maintain on the LE diet assuming you're back to a minimum healthy weight when you start swaying.

Also, be careful with supplements if you're still pumping for the milk bank, Saw Palmetto is a big no no when nursing and I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Vitex is okay either. Be careful and do your research on those first. (Obviously if you're just pumping and dumping then that's a different story).

Really bottom line is in your case, please don't try to lose weight on the sway, coming off bf'ing will be a big sway factor already anyways.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am underweight from pumping, but I weaned starting dec 31 and I always lose a ton when I am bf/pumping, so I mean that the way my body works, I will definitely be gaining weight in the next month + which I know is not girl friendly. My BMI is roughly 19.5 so not technically underweight but I am normally 5-10 lbs more than I am right now. I had to wean anyway but you can't even drink mother's milk tea or take fenugreek with the bank so I'm sure all these supplements would be a no-no. Also, I got pregnant with my 2nd boy while I was bf my first so that's the only reason why I don't really think it will be a big sway factor for me. :P

I am not planning to do much in terms of diet for the sway other than drinking aspartame and cutting out super salty foods like fast food etc. but I just hope gaining like I know I will won't hurt the process.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a really good question and I am sure Atomic will weigh in soon!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When are you planning to start actively TTC?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have tons of people who lose weight and get boys, and gain weight and get girls. There is no guarantee either way.

I would just do LE Diet with the intent of holding steady, and if a few lbs sneak on, that's ok. I would NOT try to lose weight those two weeks right before. I think it will confuse your body and possibly delay ovulation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breastfeeding does still sway pink, we believe, even though it doesn't work all the time for everyone. If you go from being 70% likely to have a boy, to 60%, that still sways pink, but you'd still be more likely to conceive a boy!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice. That's a good point about weight loss delaying ovulation. I didn't think about that. I am hoping to actively start next month-ish because I just started taking supplements yesterday and I *think* I am starting my first pp period now, so it would be the cycle after this one then.

When I got pregnant with my 2nd son I was actively bf but only 2-3 times a day and this time I weaned cold turkey pumping 25 ounces a day so I'm hoping it's different to my body. I feel like I am fighting my body's natural tendency to have boys, which might sound odd with only having 2 which I guess anyone could have. :P

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't lose sight of that - so many people feel "doomed" to have all boys after having one or two LOL. There are people on this site who have had 8 boys and then gotten a girl!!! don't feel "doomed" after only two!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast