Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It may be too carby if you are on PCOS diet for PCO. I know it feels counterintuitive to what others are doing but if you are really a PCOSer you should NOT go fully veg because the higher carbs will mess with your PCOS and may inadvertently sway blue by raising blood sugar and testosterone.
    Atomic, would this be the case with women who do not have confirmed PCOS, but are still in the PCOS LE diet for being on the heavier side?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't keep up with these long support threads, just happened to click on this, please simply start a new post in the forums and I will see that.

And YES it does.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump! I know lots of people are looking for LE PCOS support, let's use this already existing thread to share ideas!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone else currently on the PCOS LE diet? I'm on my third week so still in the 'getting to grips with it' stage. It's been helpful to read back through this thread for meal ideas.
    DS1: 2010
    DS2: 2013
    DS3: 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone added intermittent fasting to their LE pcos diet? After much deliberation with going HT I think we are going to just try to sway once more. I am desperately needing meal ideas though. One thing I did eat myself when we conceived the girl we lost at 14 weeks is a veggie chili with lots of beans and veggies and topped with some parmesan. I'm thinking I may make enough to eat on for a week and have easy microwavable meals all week.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The overnight 12-16 hour fast IS a type of intermittent fasting.

I worry with fasting where you're not eating every day that ovulation will stop. I've just seen that happen too many times to people eating lower cals even just sometimes, to feel good about that for swaying. But if you can do it without stopping ovulation, then I do think it could help sway pink.

8. Thanks Shenanigans thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually need femara to ovulate anyway but dont think I can do much more than 20 hours for fasting. I have lost about 30 lbs over the last 6 or so months and have been mostly only eating in a 6-8 hour window for a few months now. I'm trying to cut out most meat now but it feels like I then cant eat anything but vegetables. No fruit, no carb, no meat, no eggs, no nuts. Augh! �� the PCOS diet has the best results for pink swaying though, correct? I will do whatever it takes. Can you tell me this though...which is the safer cheat? Meat or carbs/sugar?
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    110% better cheat is meat for PCOS Diet. If you do need a carb cheat, fruit and whole grains are good.

Can u clarify as to why you're not eating nuts, meat, eggs, fruit? You can have those things on PCOS diet.

Yes PCOS-type diet has gotten better results BUT we can't know if that is because the people who go onto it are coming in more "set" for pink or because it's easier to change the "settings" for those with PCOS. without side by side studies both across the population and with people who have PCOS I can't totally know if this is a legit finding or a quirk. We can tell, though, that it's certainly not a dealbreaker to do the alt. diet (which I know many worry about since it is more nutrient dense)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I was just trying to throw everything at it since those are normally boy friendly. I guess pcos le is a whole different animal though. My last sway I ate so much beans and broccoli but Im thinking maybe it was too much carbs and protein? I need to just start with focusing on 50 or so grams of fat and protein a day and fill in a little brown rice or rye toast, hummus, etc to add some calories to make sure it's about 1200? Is lean chicken the best option for protein? Can I use butter and sour cream for fat? I started about 6 months ago at a little over 200 lb ( I have started every pregnancy between 190-200) and I am about 170 lb now. I have at least another 20 I can stand to lose so is mid November too early for a first attempt? I mostly have used intermittent fasting and kind of trim healthy mama diet to lose the weight. (Alternating low carb higher fat meals with low fat higher carb) I just started really working out every day, also. Inositol has also helped me and I have used it for months now.

12. Likes skillet04 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For all we know, though, you had an ideal sway and then just fell into the 25% of opposites, you know??

But yeah you're right the PCOS diet is a different animal. Keep in mind that we started off with an assumption - not proven fact, but assumption - that foods that were nutrient dense invariably swayed blue. Over time that has not proven true (and in fact some of the peopel who were the most restrictive got boys, not girls!) so now we allow a lot more leeway in the "forbidden food" dept. The fortified foods like cereals, vitamin drinks, etc really do seem to sway blue but normal food just doesn't seem to sway as long as u stick in the limits. And with the PCO tendencies, we've found it best to up the protein and fat intake and keep in the limits, cutting carbs by default. So you have some room for meat, eggs, nuts, etc. Not a lot of room, but some. and it's going to be WAY better for your sway than lots of carbs because of the blood sugar thing. The inositol has gotten good results too.

I think you're 100% on the right track and I don't think November is too early. November is when I got my girl and I think it's our lucky month!

14. Thanks Shenanigans thanked for this post
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast