Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fine because it is working for you and helping you stick to the diet on the whole. I am ok with that but I'd have it just once a fday.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Drunken Cockatoo thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic!

I decided to post what I have been eating for the past 2 weeks and maybe someone can tell me how to improve:
    (I just counted all totals today and realized that I probably should eat a little more calories but not more fat)

Late breakfast (9.30 am or 10am)
    1 banana (100cal, 0,5g fat, 1g protein)
    1,5 whole grain bread (rye) (120cal, 7g fat, 7g protein)
    coffee and 100ml full fat milk (60cal, 3,5g fat, 3,5g protein)

Lunch:
    1 rice flour tortilla (240cal, 5g fat, 6g protein)
    cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lettuce
    25 mayonnaise (185cal, 20g fat OMG, 0,2g protein)
    20g edamer cheese (74cal, 5,5g fat, 5,5g protein)

afternoon snack or very early dinner (before 6pm)
    1 coffee with 100ml full fat milk (60cal, 3,5g fat, 3,5g protein)
    150g full fat jogurt (100cal, 5,5g fat, 6,5g protein)
    1 banana (100cal, 0,5g fat, 1g protein)

Totals: 1200 cal, 45g fat, 30g protein
    plus 60min fast walking

Today was the first day where I had to cheat, because I was too hungry (didn't have this in the days before)

My thoughts on how to do better:
    - adding a baked potato (small one), because it contains calories but no fat/protein?
    - or adding 1/2 cup of black beans (arount 100cal, 6g protein, zero fat)
    - tomorrow I will try to buy whole grain tortilla instead of rice flour tortilla
    - any other ideas? I don't want to eat too less and end up cheating or not ovulating
    - also: many here took rice milk in their coffee instead of full fat milk - is that better for PCOS LE? I think I could get pure rice milk where I live
    - sorry for all these questions. I think I have it almost figured out
    Last edited by Drunken Cockatoo; April 13th, 2020 at 02:41 PM.

TTC pink HT in 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You do not count protein and fat in fruits and vegetables (including bananas)

Since I have you on the alternate diet you MUST have more protein and fat. I would also like to see you more at 1500-1800 cals. Very few people do 1200-1500 and it often ends up causing trouble for people (delaying or stopping ovulation)

Baked potato and black beans are both fine. Please have them!

Please have full fat dairy on the PCOS LE Diet. Rice milk is hugely carby and will wreak havoc with your blood sugar.

Both 2 and 3 meals are fine. I always had 3. Just push breakfast back (just like you did) and then still have 3 meals. That way you'll be able to fit in the additional foods in that third meal.

5. Thanks Drunken Cockatoo thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah I got it. Today I added more calories by adding a big whole grain cracker with peanut butter with my first meal and by putting kidney beans in my second meal. Will count totals again tomorrow to better achieve getting 1500cal per day.

Btw are black beans better than kidney beans? I saw many others eat them here during LE Pcos diet

Did some of you get muscle ache from exercise? I hope I won't build muscles. But I have read somewhere here that building muscles is rather unlikely during the LE diet

My DH laughed and is amazed how much longer the sweets and chocolate are lasting in our house when I can't eat them
    Last edited by Drunken Cockatoo; April 16th, 2020 at 05:11 AM.

TTC pink HT in 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect!

Both black beans and kidney beans are fine. Whichever you prefer.

Your muscles will ache from exercise, that's normal. But they can't build MORE muscle because you're not eating enough calories and protein.

LOL yes some time back I gave up sugar in coffee and tea and I was shocked when the bags of sugar lasted months!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic! Just dropping a quick question on the excercise while on the PCOS LE Diet.
    I read that when on it, you can lower the time you exercise (did I get it right?) because to actually exercise even if for less time is better than doing nothing at all, for the blood sugar.
    I currently do 40 mins cardio(indoor bike or outside running when allowed) or 40mins HIIT, just to keep in good shape. I do this 4 or 5 days per week. If I start the pcos Le diet, would I need to increase that or will it just work as it is?
    Many thanks!
    Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is best to do the full amount if at all possible. You will get best results with the full amount of exercise. BUT for people who have insulin resistance, any exercise is better than no exercise because it helps make your body react better to carbs and lower blood sugar faster.

10. Thanks ForeverRestless thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it thank you vm Atomic!
    I understand 1 hr is best but I relised it's not possible for me with 2 kids... but I don't want to play the couch potato neither as I want to look fit.
    I am not sure what I will do next months since the situation is still very weird in my Country, but playing around the idea of ttcing again maybe This summer.
    I would like to follow your advise and start the Alternate diet from May, so I post here a meal example for you to review when you can.

Breakfast:
    Coffee + 40ml full fat milk

Lunch:
    Rice (60gr) – 16gr carbs, 0 fat , 1,6 pr
    Seitan (100gr) – 2gr fat, 25 gr pr Lettuce Corn oil – 15ml – 13,8fat
    White wine – 100ml – 72 calories
    coffee after lunch.

Snack: greek yogurt 0% : 1 cup – 23 gr pr

Dinner : Eggwhites – 250gr – 27gr pr
    Veggies Corn oil : 10ml – 9gr fats
    Ice-cream : 70gr – 18 carbs – 8 fats – 2 pr

It's 990 cals (the max I can possibly eat by now)
    79gr proteins
    66 gr carbs
    40 gr fats

I totally suck at doing this so feel free to point out what’s wrong. I don’t love to eat meat anymore, so I will rotate the proteins with seitan, tofu and eggwhites and fish (occasionally). Chickpeas and beans.
    I will complete with veggies and add whipped cream / full fat yogurt /Ice cream to try & budge with the fats.
    I just realised how hard it is to include a higher amount of fats, since my diet used to beso light and fat free!
    Is this configuration correct in your opinion?
    Can I eat wholegrain creakers?
    I will exercise for about 40-45 mins, 4-5 days per week. I don't feel I can do more with 2 lil kids, but what I do is very intense.
    Also, I always suspected I had pcos, but I was never diagnosed with it. Every time I asked if I might have it I was answered no.My ovaries surely don't look policystic during the US I have mare but I have some secondary sign...such as some hairwhere they Shouldnt be (nipples, chin, abdomen line)...my cycles always been irregular, altho now they are super regular.Just for your information if it's helpful.
    Plus, I gained back 5 kilos since I last ttced. I am more at a normal weight/bmi.
    Thank you for any advise/insight!
    Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please just go ahead and do some exercise. Couch potato has not gotten good results compared to exercise, so we bend the rules in favor of exercise. We don't KNOW that moderate exercise is bad for anyone (even on the standard diet) it's just a theory.

You don't need to count carbs at all. Just fat, protein, calories. The carbs will take care of themselves.

So I would first of all have you add in some fruit or carby veg like potato and corn to boost calories without adding protein.

Then, I would have you eat full fat yogurt to get more fat and calories.

Whole grain crackers are allowed!

Egg whites have a LOT of protein for very little calories. So I would have you add in something different like beans, nuts, grains, tofu that has calories and protein, not just protein. This will be lower protein and more calories so you'd be fitting in the limits for protein and calories by making that switch.

I am of the opinion a lot of us have tendencies towards PCO but never have the lifestyle that causes us to develop the full syndrome. Being on the alternate diet will really help correct any tendency in that direction!

13. Thanks ForeverRestless thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you soooo much Atomic!
    You know I dropped the cals way too much in my last attempt and it's almost impossible for me to meet the 1200 cals daily. I tried to eat larger meals but I feel so sick...
    What would you advise me to do?
    I can eat like 800-900 cals per day at the moment (for any woman reading i know it's totally NOT ok, I did a big mess) but I ensure you I am still able to ovulate, I gained 5 kilos and my period is regular and not even light). My BMI is 18.6.
    I feel it's hard to include a those levels of fats/proteins in so little cals...
    In my case, what's a fair proportion fat/proteins that I have to meet to be able to follow the pcos diet?
    Thanks for the exercise tip! I will do my best
    Last edited by ForeverRestless; April 30th, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast