Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    So aslong as with overal daily limits i can have milk an yoghurt as much as i like as long as with meals and within daily limits? Just trying to understand every detail of the pcos diet so i learn it all then i can meal prep an plan an get use to it so i can relax into the diet have everything laid out an learnt lol also high nutrients doesn't sway? Aslong as within daily limits? Should we avoid anything at all like say oats? Even if for lunch at 12pm? My boy mum personally likes to know everything so I'm feeding that so it shuts up an lets me sway without the controlfreakyness🤣
    Kazzz, I feel like we are having some sort of fundamental miscommunication here, LOL. I promise you that I would not be telling you over and over again that dairy is ok within limits if it wasn't ok. My answer isn't going to change. I am not missing anything, I completely understand your question, and I repeat: Full fat dairy within limits is and always has been ok on the alternate PCOS-type LE Diet. Avoid skim and part skim because the concentrated milk sugars in it aggravate PCOS. Our good results with the alternate style LE Diet are in people all of whom did exactly this.

YES, you can have milk, yogurt, cheese, etc, any dairy food, within limits, as much as you want. Within limits. Now, eating a massive amount of dairy alone may not be the best way to get adequate calories, fat, and protein on the diet (because you'll likely quickly go over on fat and protein, then have a lot of calories left to eat and you've used up your fat and protein) but that is a separate problem of PRACTICALITY and not because "too much dairy ruins my pink sway". As long as you're in the limits you can have dairy without limits, but keep in mind you need to be getting ENOUGH food as well and there is more than just dairy to think about.

To illustrate: drinking six cups of milk, for example, will put you at 48 g protein, 48 g fat, but only 1280 calories. How will you get up to the 1500-1800, or even beyond that to 1800-2000 (since that is what most people breastfeeding need) because now you've spent so much of your protein and fat on milk?? It's also not a balanced diet (you'd be perilously low in iron and Vitamin C, for starters), would not satisfy you at all, may upset your stomach, and would be so darn borint it would very likely set you up for cheating. But that doesn't mean you can't have dairy within the limits, it means that focusing too heavily on ANY one thing is never a good approach.

The stuff you're thinking of in terms of "avoiding fortified foods" are things with large amounts of added nutrients crammed into them like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereal, where you're eating them and getting massive intake of ALL your day's nutrients - things that have the equivalent of a whole ground up vitamin pill in them. Not regular ordinary foods. Even foods some with minor fortification, like dairy and pasta - are fine in your sway. We just can't get away from that. Please note, that even if you had 6 cups of milk like I described above, that would still be less than 100% Vitamin D and well within pink range on potassium according to the mineral diets, if that is important to you, so having dairy foods is absolutely NOTHING like taking a multivitamin or eating fortified foods.

atomic tough love alert: What you are doing here, asking me the same question over and over again, IS control freakishness. I understand you guys tell yourself that if you just can only get your every doubt erased, eventually you'll get to some place where you'll relax, but it's the process of trying to have those doubts erased that is the issue. a) "I feel anxiety about my sway b) "I'll ask atomic about this, so I can alleviate my anxiety c) "atomic answered me, but did she really understand what I was asking? Maybe she misunderstood. Yikes, maybe she was wrong??? Now I feel anxious again" d) "I'll ask her again just to be absolutely SURE and then my anxiety will go away". But it never works because it's natural to feel anxious about sways, so you're back at square one again, repeating that process over and over again (and in many cases actually going back through old posts, or dredging up studies, trying to catch me in a mistake or a lie - not saying you are doing this, Kazzz, but some people do, and OVERWHELMINGLY they have more boys, even with extremely micromanaged "perfect" sways full of mindnumbing attention to detail)

This is exactly what I don't want you to do. Plus, it takes up my time answering the same question over and over again and your other thread is still sitting there unanswered since I've taken so much time with this.

Trying to micromanage your environment and alleviate your anxiety by overly focusing on details that are either totally meaningless or that you've already gotten an answer on is a big red flag for me, so I'm hoping that we can put this behind us now and you can accept the answer I've already given you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also can we have a little bit of fruit apart from apples and pears? I just had half a cup of pineapple with my daily serve of greek yoghurt and oh my my delicious!! It felt like a sweet cheat lol
    All fruits and vegetables are allowed. Same rules apply - on fruit and high carb veg, count cals only, not protein or fat, and low carb veg are free and unlimited, no need to count. Pineapple is a great choice for that very reason, it really is "nature's candy" LOL.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1 more thing when you say we should have full fat dairy I'm guessing that also goes for mayonnaise?
    Mayonnaise is not dairy. It has no milk or milk products in it and is based on vegetable oils. It does not count for a serving of full fat dairy and isn't beneficial to your fertility in the same way that a serving of full fat dairy is. You can have mayonnaise within limits and it can be a way to get some fat when you need to, but it's not beneficial in the way that dairy is.

BTW - steer clear of "lowfat" mayo and similar things of that sort as they often have carbs added to make up for the fat in them, which is a step in the wrong direction.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Kazzz, I feel like we are having some sort of fundamental miscommunication here, LOL. I promise you that I would not be telling you over and over again that dairy is ok within limits if it wasn't ok. My answer isn't going to change. I am not missing anything, I completely understand your question, and I repeat: Full fat dairy within limits is and always has been ok on the alternate PCOS-type LE Diet. Avoid skim and part skim because the concentrated milk sugars in it aggravate PCOS. Our good results with the alternate style LE Diet are in people all of whom did exactly this.

YES, you can have milk, yogurt, cheese, etc, any dairy food, within limits, as much as you want. Within limits. Now, eating a massive amount of dairy alone may not be the best way to get adequate calories, fat, and protein on the diet (because you'll likely quickly go over on fat and protein, then have a lot of calories left to eat and you've used up your fat and protein) but that is a separate problem of PRACTICALITY and not because "too much dairy ruins my pink sway". As long as you're in the limits you can have dairy without limits, but keep in mind you need to be getting ENOUGH food as well and there is more than just dairy to think about.

To illustrate: drinking six cups of milk, for example, will put you at 48 g protein, 48 g fat, but only 1280 calories. How will you get up to the 1500-1800, or even beyond that to 1800-2000 (since that is what most people breastfeeding need) because now you've spent so much of your protein and fat on milk?? It's also not a balanced diet (you'd be perilously low in iron and Vitamin C, for starters), would not satisfy you at all, may upset your stomach, and would be so darn borint it would very likely set you up for cheating. But that doesn't mean you can't have dairy within the limits, it means that focusing too heavily on ANY one thing is never a good approach.

The stuff you're thinking of in terms of "avoiding fortified foods" are things with large amounts of added nutrients crammed into them like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereal, where you're eating them and getting massive intake of ALL your day's nutrients - things that have the equivalent of a whole ground up vitamin pill in them. Not regular ordinary foods. Even foods some with minor fortification, like dairy and pasta - are fine in your sway. We just can't get away from that. Please note, that even if you had 6 cups of milk like I described above, that would still be less than 100% Vitamin D and well within pink range on potassium according to the mineral diets, if that is important to you, so having dairy foods is absolutely NOTHING like taking a multivitamin or eating fortified foods.

atomic tough love alert: What you are doing here, asking me the same question over and over again, IS control freakishness. I understand you guys tell yourself that if you just can only get your every doubt erased, eventually you'll get to some place where you'll relax, but it's the process of trying to have those doubts erased that is the issue. a) "I feel anxiety about my sway b) "I'll ask atomic about this, so I can alleviate my anxiety c) "atomic answered me, but did she really understand what I was asking? Maybe she misunderstood. Yikes, maybe she was wrong??? Now I feel anxious again" d) "I'll ask her again just to be absolutely SURE and then my anxiety will go away". But it never works because it's natural to feel anxious about sways, so you're back at square one again, repeating that process over and over again (and in many cases actually going back through old posts, or dredging up studies, trying to catch me in a mistake or a lie - not saying you are doing this, Kazzz, but some people do, and OVERWHELMINGLY they have more boys, even with extremely micromanaged "perfect" sways full of mindnumbing attention to detail)

This is exactly what I don't want you to do. Plus, it takes up my time answering the same question over and over again and your other thread is still sitting there unanswered since I've taken so much time with this.

Trying to micromanage your environment and alleviate your anxiety by overly focusing on details that are either totally meaningless or that you've already gotten an answer on is a big red flag for me, so I'm hoping that we can put this behind us now and you can accept the answer I've already given you.

Yes absolutely i understand all foods accept highy fortified foods are allowed within the daily limits of fat pro an cals got it. I think its not knowing this new diet thats got me double guessing everything I'm trying to remove the old swaying guide lines from my brain lol theres been so many different sways in the past not just here but all over like you know. Sorry for putting you on repeat and yep you're right i keep thinking did i ask the question right are we on the same page haha. Thank you so much for all your help i truly truly appreciate it.
    1 thing i was thinking about is should we be trying to get some dairy in or just use it as a tool to get fat/pro up if needed? We can have no dairy and thats fine? Just thinking about trying to avoid it as its upsetting my stomach.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; April 18th, 2022 at 04:26 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have any easy meal ideas? I've been mostly girlsway dieting for the last 4 months my first attempt will be in 7-12 wks time see how i go. I'm trying to wait longer then needed just so i can avoid my children sharing birth months lol. Anyway I'm living off of
    Stir-frys
    Soups
    Sandwiches
    Rice
    Fruit
    Yoghurt
    Hummus
    Would be nice to have some different meals. It mostly feels like I'm eating sides only.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes absolutely i understand all foods accept highy fortified foods are allowed within the daily limits of fat pro an cals got it. I think its not knowing this new diet thats got me double guessing everything I'm trying to remove the old swaying guide lines from my brain lol theres been so many different sways in the past not just here but all over like you know. Sorry for putting you on repeat and yep you're right i keep thinking did i ask the question right are we on the same page haha. Thank you so much for all your help i truly truly appreciate it.
    1 thing i was thinking about is should we be trying to get some dairy in or just use it as a tool to get fat/pro up if needed? We can have no dairy and thats fine? Just thinking about trying to avoid it as its upsetting my stomach.
    I think I replied to this in the other thread, where I moved all your questions, but just in case anyone was wondering, yes, you can sway without dairy foods if you'd like, but there is something really helpful with dairy fat for continuing ovulation. Dairy is also a good way to get some fat and protein all at once, WITHOUT going overboard on carbs:

1 serving beans (I picked navy beans but they're all roughly the same): 127 cals, 8 g protein, 0 fat, 24 g carbs

1 serving full fat dairy (I picked milk, but yogurt and cheese have lower carbs if you need fewer carbs for PCO tendencies): 160 cals, 8 g protein, 8 g fat, 13 g carbs

So when you pick dairy instead of beans, for roughly the same amount of calories you're getting fat as well, but fewer carbs (and since beans are usually flavored with something, this often adds more carbs to the mix).

A person who was fully vegan, eating beans and rice and never having any dairy, would end up eating far more carbohydrates to get an adequate amount of protein and fat. It's certainly fine to eat beans, but I'm just saying why it is that dairy is such a handy thing for PCOS-type LE Dieters.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have any easy meal ideas? I've been mostly girlsway dieting for the last 4 months my first attempt will be in 7-12 wks time see how i go. I'm trying to wait longer then needed just so i can avoid my children sharing birth months lol. Anyway I'm living off of
    Stir-frys
    Soups
    Sandwiches
    Rice
    Fruit
    Yoghurt
    Hummus
    Would be nice to have some different meals. It mostly feels like I'm eating sides only.
    I'll give a list, some of this stuff is very "American style" but this is what worked for me.

Pasta is allowed, did you know that? So right there you could add in marinara or mac and cheese (I'd stick with homemade on the mac and cheese using real cheese, as boxed Kraft Dinner is higher carb). I would occasionally have vegetable ravioli and tortellini/pasta salad made with cheese and Italian vinaigrette as well.

Have you tried any potato stuff?? homemade au-gratin potatoes (not the boxed stuff which is highly refined and carby, but actual potatoes, butter, cheese), baked potato with sour cream/butter/cheese, baked sweet potato, potato salad (the non-sweet kind, with hard boiled egg to boost protein) mashed potato bowl with some cheese, sweetcorn or cole slaw, and a few small pieces of chicken on top - I LIVED on this stuff when I was swaying.

Do you ever have beans/rice or pasta/cheese in combination?? Even though I was just describing why giving up dairy totally in favor of vegan proteins isn't necessary or ideal, you can still have beans sometimes. I mixed refried beans with rice, cheese, and salsa for an easy casserole.

Bean burritos, Taco Salad (vegetarian chili beans or refried beans, salsa, cheese, a small amount of corn chips, then salad dressing of your choice) Mexican-seasoned vegetables cooked and put into a wrap with cheese and sometimes an egg (usually peppers, mushroom, onion, courgette, but I tried it with cooked potato and even sweet potato, and avocado, and it was always good) and bagels with cream cheese, or for a larger meal cheddar cheese/egg are also things I ate regularly.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 9th, 2022 at 12:49 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool thank you heaps for the ideas i do eat beans an rice not as much as the rest above but i have recently been eating bean/veg pattys home made I'm trying not to think about carbs lol hard to do sometimes. I'll definitely try some of this stuff my partner will be happy. I like eating large meals so choose things lower in everything so i can eat tons more in one meal session haha

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll give a list, some of this stuff is very "American style" but this is what worked for me.

Pasta is allowed, did you know that? So right there you could add in marinara or mac and cheese (I'd stick with homemade on the mac and cheese using real cheese, as boxed Kraft Dinner is higher carb). I would occasionally have vegetable ravioli and tortellini/pasta salad made with cheese and Italian vinaigrette as well.

Have you tried any potato stuff?? homemade au-gratin potatoes (not the boxed stuff which is highly refined and carby, but actual potatoes, butter, cheese), baked potato with sour cream/butter/cheese, baked sweet potato, potato salad (the non-sweet kind, with hard boiled egg to boost protein) mashed potato bowl with some cheese, sweetcorn or cole slaw, and a few small pieces of chicken on top - I LIVED on this stuff when I was swaying.

Do you ever have beans/rice or pasta/cheese in combination?? Even though I was just describing why giving up dairy totally in favor of vegan proteins isn't necessary or ideal, you can still have beans sometimes. I mixed refried beans with rice, cheese, and salsa for an easy casserole.

Bean burritos, Taco Salad (vegetarian chili beans or refried beans, salsa, cheese, a small amount of corn chips, then salad dressing of your choice) Mexican-seasoned vegetables cooked and put into a wrap with cheese and sometimes an egg (usually peppers, mushroom, onion, courgette, but I tried it with cooked potato and even sweet potato, and avocado, and it was always good) and bagels with cream cheese, or for a larger meal cheddar cheese/egg are also things I ate regularly.
    Also you mean wholemeal/grain pasta right?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mayonnaise is not dairy. It has no milk or milk products in it and is based on vegetable oils. It does not count for a serving of full fat dairy and isn't beneficial to your fertility in the same way that a serving of full fat dairy is. You can have mayonnaise within limits and it can be a way to get some fat when you need to, but it's not beneficial in the way that dairy is.

BTW - steer clear of "lowfat" mayo and similar things of that sort as they often have carbs added to make up for the fat in them, which is a step in the wrong direction.
    My lite mayo has 1g carbs per serve is that ok? I gotta be honest i have been using it as its good to add flavour but I've only been having 1 serve a day its muvh lower in everything else compared to the full fwt mayo and when i eat things low in everything i can eat more lol i like lots of food

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast