Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Also you mean wholemeal/grain pasta right?
    If you can stomach whole grain pasta, that's great. But pasta, because it's very high in protein, we often have people make exceptions there because whole grain pasta tastes absolutely terrible and it's super expensive. So even regular pasta will be a better choice than sugar or white breads.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    My lite mayo has 1g carbs per serve is that ok? I gotta be honest i have been using it as its good to add flavour but I've only been having 1 serve a day its muvh lower in everything else compared to the full fwt mayo and when i eat things low in everything i can eat more lol i like lots of food
    Just use regular mayo. While 1 g carbs in a sauce (like marinara or salsa, for example) is perfectly fine because we don't worry about sugar in sauces, only in sweet treats, regular mayo is a great way to add cals of fat which you may be needing and you'll avoid the added sugar/carb in the lite mayo all together.

Most people on the alternate LE Diet do not ever use diet or lite products as nearly all of them have sugar added that you simply don't need. Like I'm saying, it's not a big deal, and I don't even want you counting carbs (Just cals, protein, fat plus avoiding sugar and white flour things) but there's no reason to have lite products and the real thing is better.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok cool mite just skip all mayo because the full fat one is a waste of fat lol I'd rather use fat in more foods. I do use a lite French dressing but it has sugar an carbs equal to my full fat one's. I only use it because i like it

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's up to you, if the lite mayo works better for you that's fine. the 1 g carb is not at all an issue. Most people on the alt. diet have the opposite problem, they have a hard time getting enough fat so that's why we often use full fat for them. But as long as it's not carb overload (and 1 g carb is definitely not that!) lite is ok too

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Creamy mushrooms on toast easy delicious and within limits.

3 wholemeal/wholegrain toast
    10 or more mushrooms sliced
    1 cup almond milk
    Tyme
    Salt / pepper
    1 tbsp white flour (atomic says this amount is ok in food)
    I finish the meal with a coffee with stevia and a splash of milk also a pear or an apple

Fry mushrooms in a nonstick pan no oil, then add flour an stir it in till lumpy then add the milk stir an reduce to a creamy consistency then add salt/pepper/tyme. Or you could have it on rice if your rice is low fat since some prepacked rice has added oil. or switch the milk for cows milk and switch the 3 toast for 2 pitta breads.

I like this meal because its super fulling could be doubled for dinner and can make switches depending what you have at home.

Total is
    F15
    P14
    500 give or take a little bit not enough to worry.
    I don't count the flour in at all.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; July 9th, 2022 at 07:50 PM.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A quick an easy on the go meal is
    2x wholemeal pitta bread with 1 tbsp if peanut butter shared between the two and then an apple or pear plus coffee with a splash of milk. I've been having this once a day lately as its a grab an out the door meal
    I'm doing 3x meals a day total of 60/60/2000 because I'm breastfeeding so the meal above is roughly 15/15/500 but you could double it if only having two meals a day leaving the bigger meal for dinner if you like big dinners like me.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:52 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE Diet For PCOS

[mention]atomic sagebrush [/mention]

How does this look does look for a lunch? I don’t have brown rice until I goto the store so I had to do white rice (I believe you said we still tolerate white rice with mild pcos?). I am truthfully having a hard time eating a lot, I have a low appetite, and this was honestly most I could stomach in one serving. I am also very petite (4’11), so I’ve always ate in lower range of cals

1/2 cup white rice
    10 oz (like 1 1/4 cup) of frozen peas/ carrots blend
    2 tbsp of Parmesan
    1 tbsp on margarine
    1 green apples

446 Cal - 8g fat 90g carb 17.5g protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes the rules do change for people who are either very tall or very petite.

If need be, we will have you add in a fourth meal to ensure you're getting enough calories if your stomach just can't hold much food.

Yes that would be fine for a meal if you like it! Brown rice would ~probably~ be better if you tolerate it ok. If not, and your PCO-tendencies are mild, as long as you're eating some protein (which you are in the peas) with the rice white is still ok.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I’m working on rotating similar meals by swapping the veggies/ seasonings with them for simplicity, I can stick to the same lunch for a long time luckily so it makes it easier for me. For dinner I am thinking of sticking towards pasta, would whole wheat pasta or sphagetti squash/ zucchini noodles be better for PCOS? I plan on putting a little cheese of ground chicken breast in it to balance my sugars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't think of foods as "is this better than that". Think of them as you're trying to accomplish a goal, and a BIG part of that goal involves eating enough to be sure you can continue ovulating. So some days you might find that you could use a lower protein, lower cal option like zoodles or whatever because you've already hit your limits, but other days, you might NEED the protein and cals in the regular pasta (and I suspect that given what we've talked about in the past, you will probably need the regular pasta most of the time since you're having trouble getting enough food.) So this can depend on what your diet is looking like overall any given day, which of these you choose. NO one should say "I must eat only zoodles because my sway" because if they were not eating enough overall, they might NEED the nutrients in regular pasta. Think big picture, not magic foods.

So now, the difference between whole grain pasta and white. The thing with pasta is, even white flour pasta, is pretty high protein and is often relatively forgiving for people with insulin resistance and/or mild PCO-tendencies (especially if they're not eating a lot of other refined carbs!) And while technically, whole grain pasta will be better, some people just HATE the flavor of whole grain pasta and won't eat it under any circumstances, limiting their sway diets even more so were we to insist upon that. Long story short, with the exception of those with severe PCO who are NOT changing their diet otherwise or are insisting on eating some other higher carb foods because they think they sway, most people can have regular pasta as a part of an overall sway diet.

I'll lay out a couple of no-nos:

What we DON'T want to see on the PCOS-type alternate LE Diet because it is starvation:

Skip breakfast
    A salad with fat-free salad dressing, a few small bits of chicken, and a skim milk yogurt
    Zoodles for dinner with margarine and parmesan cheese, diet cranberry juice, and a small skim dairy, artificially sweetened ice "cream" dessert.

This type of diet would be a disaster because you'd be eating low cal, low fat, and low protein. You'd stop ovulating. Even with the chicken and what feels like a dessert, it would be well below acceptable levels and you'd start seeing big disruptions in cycles not from PCO but from not getting enough food!

What we DON'T want to see on the alt. LE Diet because it is too high carb and would aggravate PCOS:

Skip breakfast

Pop Tarts, skim dairy yogurt, regular cranberry juice, and scrambled egg whites to "up protein"

Bagel with diet cream cheese, full sugar pop, package of gummy worms to "up calories"

Regular pasta with margarine and parmesan cheese, wine, diet "ice cream" with marshmallows to "up calories"

Technically, if the person was eating large enough servings of some foods, this could fit in the totals for cals, protein, and fat, but is quite carby. Now some of us can tolerate that type of diet just fine, particularly if they're lower BMI and are exercising, but for anyone with underlying PCO-tendencies this would cause disruptions in cycles even while eating within the limits!

So now, the diet of a person who wasn't swaying, and suffers from moderate, diet-uncontrolled PCOS might look more like this:

Big bowl of sugary cereal with 2% milk (not quite as bad as skim, but still much worse for PCO than full fat dairy is)

Doughnut or muffin midmorning at work

Turkey sandwich on white bread, chips, fruit juice

Sugar-sweetened Starbucks with 2% milk latte on the drive home

Pasta dinner with regular pasta, garlic bread, wine, and a few Oreos in front of the TV later.

This is not an extreme or unusual diet, it's in fact about the food intake I personally eat normally - about 2000-2500 cals a day, give or take - and I'm average height and weight. Many of us with all boys eat this amount and type of food and remain thin. Yet this person could still absolutely have skinny PCOS - even fairly severe PCO, particularly if they didn't exercise and did retain some extra weight just by their nature.

The reason I'm laying all this out here is to show you that if the first person eating Zoodles is a disaster, the second person eating Zoodles might be ok provided they took some additional steps to be sure they were eating enough calories overall, and the third person switching to Zoodles or whole grains, might help with their PCOS quite a lot. It's just not a matter of eating this food or that food generally, it matters what your diet is overall and in some cases you would benefit from Zoodles/whole grains and in other cases you wouldn't.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast