Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello everyone,

Whilst I’m waiting for my personal plan from Atomic (big forever thank yous!) I am reading around the alternative LE threads so I can start to make some good changes straight away.

The 60 minutes exercise - does that need to be one big 60 minute chunk? I’ll find that almost impossible to squeeze in (plus I hate focused exercise (I like just having an active day like walking everywhere etc) and have prolapse which means most high intensity is off limits boo) but I could do a 40 minute walk and a 20 minute low impact HIIT later in the day. Would that still count or does it NEED to be 60 mins all at once?
    Last edited by Mochi; October 27th, 2022 at 03:39 AM.
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, my dad has been seriously ill this week and I haven't gotten everything done as quickly as I hoped I would.

While the exercise really does need to be in one chunk for most people (the reason is because after about 45 minutes, your body stops burning stores of carbs as fuel and starts burning fat stores, and something about this process seems to sway strongly pink - and shorter exercise doesn't accomplish that task) for anyone with a history of insulin resistance, PCO, more than 50 lbs to spare can get by with moderate exercise. In fact, people with a lot of weight to lose and PCOS MUST do some exercise even if it's only moderate because of the benefits of exercise to insulin response and weight loss.

So ideally you'd do the full amount, but since we suspect you need to be on the alternate diet due to history of gestational diabetes, I'm ok with you doing moderate or breaking it up into two pieces if youneed to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I’m sorry to hear about your Dad! I hope he’s okay and recovers soon!

Alright thank you, I shall do as much as I can. I imagine I might be able to do a 60 minute slot once or twice a week, and broken up bits elsewhere so hopefully that will be enough to help - fingers crossed!
    OCT. 2018

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!!!

Fingers and toes crossed!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m trying to get to grips with eating LE for IR/PCOS but I’m still eating fairly carb heavy stuff and feeling really hungry throughout the day, even though I’m hitting my calorie and fat/protein numbers I’ve got a feeling I’m eating more HE than LE.

Can anyone share their favourite alternative diet LE breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Currently I’m eating a full fat yogurt with apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon for breakfast, having either a soup or some hummus with toast and veggies for lunch and then gagging for a snack about 3pm �� I’m having a fairly normal dinner but trying to keep the protein and fat low… I’m still filling the gaps with wholewheat carbs though and I have a feeling I’m meant to be focusing instead on the veggies rather than things like pasta ��

Help a mummy out? Haha!
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not an HE Diet. Even if you add in a fourth meal at 3pm it's still not an HE Diet.

Do you have totals for fat, protein, and cals? It's way easier for me to sign off on diet with that information.

It only FEELS like you're eating super carb heavy. What many people don't understand is that even on the alternate diet, you're still going to be eating what feels like a lot of carbs, but compared to what you were eating before, it's actually NOT because you're limiting calories overall. I have a more indepth article explaining that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rb-intake.html but short version, because you're eating less overall, and the carbs you're selecting are healthier, in the vast majority of cases people end up eating far fewer carbs than they did when they weren't on the LE Diet, and WAY fewer white carbs (which are the ones that affect a sway negatively)

You don't have to focus on veggies instead of pasta. REmember, low carb veggies are free and unlimited, you eat as much as you want of those, no need to count them. You have to get 1500-1800 or even 1800-2000 cals a day from SOMEWHERE that is not low carb veggies. You can absolutely have pasta on the LE Diet within the limits. If you like whole grain pasta, that's ok, although it is not very tasty and so since it's higher in protein, we allow white pasta as well (I'm not at all picky, yet I think whole grain pasta is basically inedible, LOL) because the higher protein in it keeps it from acting the same as other white flour foods.

When I was swaying with my daughter, I hadn't yet figured out the need for the alternate diet but I did have a lot of alternate diet type meals. I would oftentimes have nuts or mozzarella cheese ****s plus a piece of fruit for breakfast but occasionally had a couple eggs, then for lunch I often had baked sweet potato with peanut butter or a bean and cheese burrito on a whole grain wrap or a baked potato with cheese or a small portion of leftover dinner, and then for dinner what I did (keeping in mind I was not on the alternate diet as I hadn't even come up with that yet) was basically just having what my family did only I skipped the meat. So I would often have salad or vegetable, bread (which you can easily sub for whole grain) OR rice (you could use brown, I used white) OR pasta and then sometimes even dessert. I'd often I'd eat a bite or two of the meat option to taste it as I was cooking but I just made everything I could with the meat separately so I could limit that. That was the best I could do without making myself too crazy!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay then! Clearly I’m overthinking it haha! I’m weird and have always preferred wholegrain pasta (I like the nutty taste…) so that’s what we eat, and brown rice too!

My totals for today are as follows:
    Calories: c.1500 (not counting green vegetable things!)
    Fat:54g
    Protein: 57g

So clearly I’m getting something right (I think!) it’s just my weird brain overthinking the carbs after my diabetes in my previous pregnancy (I literally couldn’t eat any carbs without my sugar spiking so even though that’s not true anymore it’s taking a while to get my head out of that mindset)

Thanks for your food ideas too! Really helpful to have a few more ideas up my sleeve!

I promise to stop overthinking it now ha!
    OCT. 2018

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!! It's easier than people think it "should" be after having read those ridiculous sway diets on some other sites where you're basically existing on cranberries and Diet Coke. And it's way easier too, in comparison to a gestational diabetes type diet.

Totals look great, just be sure you don't lose too much too fast!

11. Thanks Mochi thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have done pretty good in avoiding sugar the past couple of months, minus some cheats. I don’t do sugar free, can’t stand the taste, but will sometimes have a teaspoon size sweet kinda treat with dinner to curb my sweet tooth. That tends to be my fattier / higher protein meal so it balances I assume. I also lots of fruits and that seems to usually curb me, but I do live by your motto if you truly want it have it, though I’d like to have some “goto” options that aren’t as bad.

I had gestational diabetes back with my son (don’t have insulin resistance at all currently), but was able to control by diet and I was able to have those yasso bars without spiking my sugar or the enlightened/ halo top bars. I included a pic of the nutritional facts, should I avoid these since they include nonfat ingredients? I also limit dairy to once a day so I wouldn’t eat these super often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On occasion they're fine, but a serving of full fat dairy every day (there is no reason for the sway for you to limit dairy to once a day) will help get your cycle doing what it's supposed to do. Dairy fat is excellent at restoring ovulation when it goes missing and it's the first thing I suggest when your cycle has gotten wonky, so I'd strongly suggest IN ADDITION to having those as needed, 1 serving of full fat dairy every day.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast