Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy First post... Trying to cultivate a plan!

Hello lovely ladies!

This is my first time post, been reading for a few months and just starting to put together what I think will be an ok sway for a little girly. My OH and I would be happy with a boy or girl, but because we have a DS already I would like to try to sway for a girl. My only worry is I'm starting to get a little obsessed!!

Right so, I currently weigh around 220 pounds at 5"4 - definitely have some weight to lose. I would like to lose weight anyway before TTC and was considering slimming world but I am guessing this wouldnt be as good for a girl sway, so am thinking - skip breakfast (which I do anyway) cheese spread or jam on white toast for lunch with low fat yoghurt or jelly then pasta bake for dinner. I am always busy working or with my DS so think I will struggle counting all the calories, protein etc of different food so would rather have a sort of set diet if that makes sense!? Please let me know if I am going completely wrong here!

I will also be taking antihistamines, drinking diet coke (asda version) and baby aspirin. I don't think my OH will be into taking that much but will change his diet to whatever he is given lol! He has soup and bread for lunch, skips breakfast usually, and whatever I cook for tea. Is there anything anyone really recommends he takes? Baby aspirin?
    We don't BD that often... Maybe 3 times a fortnight although less than that recently as he works odd shifts.

Oh and when we are TTC I will use rephresh ever 3 days and looking at using balance activ- does anyone have any views or experience on this as i know people usually use aci-jel but it's gonna cost quite a bit to get it shipped to UK if balance activ is very much the same??

Right I think that is everything, sorry I have written loads!! Please advise, change and recommend as much as you like!

Also, I have an IUD fitted at the moment, would I be best off getting this out a few months prior to TTC or will it make no difference?

Thank you!! 😊

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't take baby aspirin the is a list or reasons it's wrong and atomic no longer advises it I recommend you buy a plan off atomic it's so useful with setting it all out for you and your cycle
    so im back and

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

I agree about dropping the aspirin, it barely sways at all anyway. I would also avoid reprhesh or aci-gel, they don't sway much and inhibit conception too strongly.

I'd do the LE diet (buying the meal plan may be good for you, though the daily plan you laid out sounds pretty good to me, provided you keep portion sizes reasonable), 60 min daily cardio if possible (just walking would be fantastic), and do those 2 tactics strictly for 3 months before TTC. Thst alone is a very strong sway.

Is your IUD copper or hormonal?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    The mirena one which is hormonal.
    I will not start with the baby aspirin then - is it best avoided for OH too?
    I am a little bit concerned about whether I can fit the exercise into my day, would getting up early to do an exercise dvd for an hour be ok?
    Thank you
    Sophie x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes avoid for oh as well 1 hour minimum exercise a day cardio Zuma jogging walking (Intense) at least 4 days a week 5 or 6 works better
    so im back and

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to concentrate on the weight loss and DO NOT follow the standard LE Diet that is high in white carbs. It is not going to help you lose weight and at that weight, you are very likely also insulin resistant and a lot of white carbs will backfire on you, raising blood sugar and testosterone and swaying blue. You need to follow one of the diets in this thread. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

IT's hard for me to give blanket advice on what to give your DH without knowing more about his age, health, etc.

I've been moving away from baby aspirin in the sways, it didn't seem to help much and the risks outweighed the negligilbe benefits.

It's best to get your IUD out right before TTC and try to catch the first egg or two.

The jellies and antihistamines have been getting disappointing results, I can understand wanting to give them a try the first month or two but should be dropped before other more effective tactics.

Above all else, stick with one attempt! That has gotten great results for us.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiebj2 View Post
    Thank you!
    The mirena one which is hormonal.
    I will not start with the baby aspirin then - is it best avoided for OH too?
    I am a little bit concerned about whether I can fit the exercise into my day, would getting up early to do an exercise dvd for an hour be ok?
    Thank you
    Sophie x
    I always recommend exercise for anyone who has any weight to spare. It's one of our most effective sway tactics. Yes, an exercise DVD for an hour would be good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No aspirin for DH either, but both Olive Leaf Extract and Licorice Root are good pink supps for DH. I personally believe it's what the woman does that matters most, but DH taking those supps (either or both), dieting along with you, and doing an hour plus daily exercise (running or biking) all sway pink.

With the Mirena, taking it out 2 weeks before you want to comceive is usually the best plan. Do you know if O on it? Do you get regular periods on it or none at all? What were your cycles like before BC?

An exercise DVD is fine, just make sure it's cardio, NOT at all strength building, and keeps your heart rate up, no breaks, a full 60 minutes minimum, every day if possible.

Atomic makes a good point about insulin resistance (though I am not an expert on how likely it is at your weight, I do agree it is possible), if so the PCOS version of the LE has been getting good results. Losing weight, less cals, low fat, and no snacking will all really help your sway. I would even consider mild intermittent fasting.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 18th, 2015 at 07:43 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your responses, I will have a good read through that link - thank you atomic!
    My OH and I are both 24, he is at a healthy weight for his height.
    I don't have any periods with the mirena and previous to that I had the implant in my arm where I bled for quite long periods of time and before that was pregnant with my son so for over 6 years I have not had a "proper" period!! So I have no idea really about my cycles.
    I will really focus on diet and exercise - when I got PG with my son I was a much lower weight but just starting to gain and lots of BD!! So the girl sway makes a lot of sense to me.
    Is it worth using only diet and exercise for first cycle after mirena removed or trying with rephresh straight away?
    Goodness there is so much information initially to pick through, this forum is brilliant for helping to piece together all of this.
    Thank you
    S x
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have the full 3 months (or more) of diet + exercise under you belt (excluding any time you take to ease into the diet & exercise as may be necessary), then I wouldn't bother at all with rephresh or anything similar. We think catching the first egg right after coming off hormonal BC, especially progestin-only types like the Mirena, sways pink significantly. So I wouldn't do anything to inhibit conception unnecessarily that first cycle TTC in particular. Or even the next. Just have one attempt at positive OPK, and that along with your time on the diet & exercise is really all you need for an ideal natural sway. Any weight loss before conception will be pink icing on your sway cake - not necessary to get a girl but it will help. I think you have a really fantastic shot at getting a girl!

My Ovulation Chart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast