Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

swaying and sperm spinning

hi everyone,

we are starting the process of deciding whether to do HT or swaying. my local RE does sperm spinning which i know is only about 75% effective. has anyone thought about doing this in conjunction with swaying? i would do the LE diet, exercise, supplements,etc and then IUI at positive OPK. is this a crazy thought?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Smarston3

I'm thinking of doing sperm spinning. We have a consult appt in a couple of weeks.

Are you talking about errickson?

I'm thinking of doing sperm spinning along with swaying.

I would love to hear what you are gonna do. Have you had a consult yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw you swaying boy or girl ?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are swaying girl. So, went to our local RE who does HT GS but also sperm spinning. Sperm spinning can be added to IVF/PGD for $500 or with the IUI. At out consult, we discussed IvF/pGd because I don't think I could handle an opposite with sperm spinning but wondering if I would have greater odds doing it with swaying

-8 -5 -3

swayed for but expecting another

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since it has never been proven to work, I would never waste money on it. I'd sway or do full on IVF, depending on your situation. I think either will give you a better shot at a girl than sperm spinning, though obviously IVF with PGD is the only gaurantee. A strong pink sway with strict LE diet + daily cardio (60+ min) for 12w minimum, then one attempt when TTC, has a good chance of succes (probably as high as 90%), but it does require you to be very disciplined...without being obsessive, a potentially difficult balance. If you can get Clomid or Femara, that will further boost your odds of pink.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Smartson we are swaying girl as well.
    We thought about doing IVF/PGD but it seems too involved and expensive.
    The doctor we are considering does sperm spinning with IUI for $1200 for each cycle ( it can take up to 6 cycles to get pregnant)

Can you tell me what they told you their success rate is for TTC pink?
    Also did they offer clomid as part of their sperm spinning ?
    Let me know what you decide to do since I'm in the same exact boat.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At Maidenmother I think someone answered my question about not doing any excercise and seeing if that's ok.

Can you tell me what you think of no excercise?

Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you're strict on the diet for 12w but sedentary and have one attempt, you're already very likely to get a girl, I'd say 80%. If you do diet + exercise for 12w and have one attempt, that's about 90% chance. I haven't done the math for exercise without diet and we don't have many cases of that to draw conclusions from...but if you exercise I think you can be a little less strict on the diet and may have a better shot sooner (I.e for you, TTC after 8w on both strict diet + exercise would be a lot stronger than just diet).

I do think exercise is a great tactic, plus you can eat more while exercising bc of all the cals you burn. Many of the girl moms did endurance cardio.I particularly think if you can do over 60 min, like 90 min, even just some of the time, and 6-7 days a week, that sways very pink. That kind of exercise has so many effects on the body (blood sugar, insulin sensitivity, body fat %, hormone levels, etc) and it affects you mentally, too. I think it really helps tire/chill out the obsessive/anxious boy mom types. So I especially recommend cardio, as long and as close to daily as possible, for any higher strung pink swayers who need help relaxing. And if you've never done that type of exercise before, then I REALLY think it makes a difference, as well.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response and info maidentomother

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

swaying and sperm spinning

Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I think it really helps tire/chill out the obsessive/anxious boy mom types. So I especially recommend cardio, as long and as close to daily as possible, for any higher strung pink swayers who need help relaxing. And if you've never done that type of exercise before, then I REALLY think it makes a difference, as well.
    I second this! As a former micromanaging/control freak boy mom, the LE diet + exercise has TOTALLY mellowed me out! I am nothing like my former self! Seriously, I would add the exercise if this even remotely describes you.

Last edited by XXforhubby; January 24th, 2015 at 11:24 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast