Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

clomid & femara for those without pcos

So I have talked to a dr who says I can try Clomid since I don't seem to ovulate every cycle. However, I do ovulate sometimes, just not consistently.

I am wondering if there has been anyone who has looked into if these drugs sway for women without PCOS or if it has something to do with that.
    I don't want to risk multiples if it only sways if you have PCOS... Does that make sense?

Has anyone tried to determine if the clomid/femara sways on it's own or only in conjunction with PCOS or some other form of infertility?

ETA: They say I can just try a trigger shot first if I don't want to do the clomid. Does anyone know how that sways? Just a trigger shot with 1 attempt? No clomid or IUI?
    Last edited by mysweetboys; January 29th, 2015 at 05:45 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sways for EVERYONE, especially those without PCOS. Tons of people without PCOS have gotten girls on Clomid.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!
    Do you know if femara is the same??

Have to decide before tomorrow which way I want to go...
    I'm getting all anxiety-y which isn't good for pink!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both femara and clomid actually sway MORE pink for ladies without PCOS, since PCOS sways blue. So either is great for pink! If you're older, I'd go with femara.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. My dr says they usually go with clomid, but I got the feeling that although they might look at me funny, they would give me the other if I wanteed

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old are you again?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    36. Will be 37 in June

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara is better for older women and has fewer side effects, plus the reduced chance of multiples. However, some drs won't prescribe femara as they consider it a cancer only drug.

I don't think it will hurt to ask femara though bc even if the dr says no, you'll still get clomid bc you so obviously need help to O.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mysweetboys View Post
    Thank you!!
    Do you know if femara is the same??

Have to decide before tomorrow which way I want to go...
    I'm getting all anxiety-y which isn't good for pink!!
    A recent study showed that Femara was actually more pink-friendly than Clomid (but Clomid is pretty darn pink friendly LOL)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mysweetboys View Post
    Ok. My dr says they usually go with clomid, but I got the feeling that although they might look at me funny, they would give me the other if I wanteed
    I would just probably folllow doc's advice on that - see what happens if they give you the Clomid. I am concerned if you go in asking for this or that, that they will decide not to give you anything (this happens sometimes)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast