Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maidentomother. Would 25 mg of clomid sway as much as taking 50mg do you think?
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you O on your own, 25mg is plenty to sway pink! We've had several ladies take 25mg/day for swaying purposes only. I think it's ideal to limit multiples, too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    Babygitl... what cd did you take it and how many scans did you need? Did you only have 1 follicle that grew?
    Pinkin2011 - I took 50mg for 5 days starting on CD 4. I was really nervous about being overstimulated since I didn't really "need" it. I had a few scans to monitor growth and during the last one it showed only one mature egg. I was thankful to know that I didn't have any chance of multiples during that cycle since only one egg was developing. I don't think I would have taken Clomid if my Dr didn't monitor everything so closely.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post

I have never known anyone who picked up their clomid from me to have a truly bad reaction or outcome. The closest would be some headaches and bad O pain, and one unmonitored lady who had trips. Obviously not all customers tell me their personal details but I am very chatty and most customers were long term regulars. And other pharmacists & techs would gossip, too. It truly is a very safe drug when used as directed and FAR safer than combining the hundreds to thousands of unstudied compounds present per one herb alone, let alone blends or several supps/OTC drugs. When it comes to meds (chemicals whether herbally derived or synthetic), and especially fertility meds, less is more.
    I have had two swayers out of probably nearly 100 by now who had ocular disturbances and had to stop the Clomid. But no biggie, you just stop the Clomid when that happens. IT goes away.

One swayer I had was given 150 mg Clomid with NO MONITORING by doctor and developed OHSS but I believe this was shoddy medical advice and not anything inherent in the Clomid. She ovulated on 50, she should have stayed at 50 (she did not get pg first two months trying and they inexplicably bumped her all the way up to 150. NEVER take more than 50 mg unmonitored)

I know of two people who supposedly had 4 follicles form on 50 mg Clomid. They both had PCOS. NO way to know if all four eggs were even fertilizable as both did not (rightfully!) TTC that month.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkin2011 View Post
    Maidentomother. Would 25 mg of clomid sway as much as taking 50mg do you think?
    I personally don't think it does sway as strong and also still carries with it potential for multiples.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How can I ask my doctor to do scans if I'm gonna be taking clomid? I'm scared of multiples. ( the clomid won't be prescribed by him)

Is it something that I have to convince him to do and is it done at my OB or somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some have been able to. I would say that you're TTC and wondering if you can get a trigger shot - they have to monitor you for that. And if s/he says no, then say thank you and don't make a fuss about it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean trigger shot of clomid?
    I'm trying to stay away from asking for that since I have clomid myself.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, a trigger shot of hcg. This doesn't sway, it's a shot that helps your body release the egg and also helps people to know when they're ovulating and when to have sex to get pregnant. Many people get trigger shots without Clomid and they have to do monitoring so they know when to give it to you.

As you can see, this begins to all get awfully complicated, doesn't it??? I wish we could just walk in to the doc's office just like any other type of business and say "hey, do this, do that" and then they'd just, you know, do it. As long as it wasn't dangerous, which it isn't. To be honest, I think that if you're that scared of multiples you're best off just leaving the Clomid alone because even with the scans, they can't always see everything.

RE where you'd have the scan done, I can't answer that because some doc's offices have ultrasounds there and others don't.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow that is all way too complicated.
    I'm gonna see him this Thursday. I'm gonna disclose to him that I'm planning on taking some clomid that I have and see what he says.
    He is a really laid back doctor.
    I remember after my first delivery ( and having it not go so good) I jokingly told him that I wish I had gotten a c section and he said that all I needed to do was ask him for one. I don't think many doctors just offer a c section like that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast