Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I have a chance

So I am just looking for opinions. Long story short. I went to RE, did u/s, found fluid in my uterus and said there is nothing going on in my ovaries, she assumed that I ovulated. I have not ovulated. I think I may be getting ready to. I have been sick. Starting taking antibiotics yesterday so if I do have some kind of infection maybe it will get cleared up. SO my question is, could I still ovulate and get pregnant if she said nothing was going on in my ovaries. Like no follies or anything? I was cd 11 when I went and today is cd 15.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take this for what it's worth but I do not have a high level of confidence in your RE and the ultrasounds, based on what you've reported to us.

If you had ovulated, she should have been able to see the CL. It feels to me like she's making a lot of guesses here and thus I would say, YES you still can ovulate and get pregnant. I would not take what she said as meaning a whole lot to be honest. We've seen it happen many times on here where people go in for an ultrasound and are told X,Y,Z only to later find out that whoever was doing the ultrasound was mistaken.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did she do a scan before to check on follies? There's no way to know if you ovulated (or not) from just a single scan like that. Usually if you're doing monitoring to check for ovulation they'd be scanning you often from CD3.

Are you temping? Using OPKs? Without at least doing either or both of those you have no way of knowing. Of course there's always a chance, one single u/s is a snapshot in time and doesn't tell you much without more information such as OPKs or temping or earlier scans.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

5. Thanks djmommy, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Take this for what it's worth but I do not have a high level of confidence in your RE and the ultrasounds, based on what you've reported to us.

If you had ovulated, she should have been able to see the CL. It feels to me like she's making a lot of guesses here and thus I would say, YES you still can ovulate and get pregnant. I would not take what she said as meaning a whole lot to be honest. We've seen it happen many times on here where people go in for an ultrasound and are told X,Y,Z only to later find out that whoever was doing the ultrasound was mistaken.
    To be honest, I was not very happy with her either, she did the u/s herself. I mean I paid over $500 for that appt and I waited in the waiting room longer. SHe did not get into much detail as to what she saw but commented nothing was going on. I just really want to find out the issue and continue trying naturally. I should have known the way she reacted when I told her I was still BF! Like almost fell over!! SMH. Thanks atomic. Sometimes I need a reality check and you always seem to help keep me grounded and positive!!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Did she do a scan before to check on follies? There's no way to know if you ovulated (or not) from just a single scan like that. Usually if you're doing monitoring to check for ovulation they'd be scanning you often from CD3.

Are you temping? Using OPKs? Without at least doing either or both of those you have no way of knowing. Of course there's always a chance, one single u/s is a snapshot in time and doesn't tell you much without more information such as OPKs or temping or earlier scans.
    This was actually my first time seeing her and having an u/s so I am not giving it too much validation. I am temping and using opks and both conclude that I have not ovulated. I will keep up with everything and pray for the best!! Thank you

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, LacePrincess liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    To be honest, I was not very happy with her either, she did the u/s herself. I mean I paid over $500 for that appt and I waited in the waiting room longer. SHe did not get into much detail as to what she saw but commented nothing was going on. I just really want to find out the issue and continue trying naturally. I should have known the way she reacted when I told her I was still BF! Like almost fell over!! SMH. Thanks atomic. Sometimes I need a reality check and you always seem to help keep me grounded and positive!!
    I didn't want to mention that but YES!!! As long as prolactin is normal there should be no reason you can't get pg nursing. Tons of us have done it. I just think the doctors love to find something that you're doing that they can cluck their tongue at and say "this is your fault" and you walk out of the appointment receiving a quick fix that the doctor takes no credit or blame for, instead of having to acknowledge the fact that medical knowledge is limited. It's the same with the multivitamins - they jump right on that as a cause for fertility issues even though people haven't been taking vitamins for pregnancy until the past 30-40 years.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES! I totally agree!! I did get pregnant with DS2 nursing DS1 and I am ovulating but we will see what the bloodwork show.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a dark positive opk on wondfo yesterday (haven't gotten a positive on wondfo for a few cycles) so here is hoping for a miracle this month!!! WOndering if I should have another attempt today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for it! I am Xing everything and for you! I think it would be lovely for you to get a BFP and report back to this doctor that something WAS going on in your ovaries !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you XX! I was just thinking of you! I hope you are doing well. I haven't been over to read the whole Feb 2WW thread but I want to try and catch up soon! I am really hoping the same for you! How is acupuncture going?

18. Likes atomic sagebrush, XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast