Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

An entire week of positive OPK every month

So I am not TTC yet but have been charting and temping and just trying to get used to my cycle since I am still breastfeeding DD2. For the past 3 or 4 months now I have gotten an entire week of positive OPKs. They are negative when I first start testing (so today at CD 9 they are very obviously negative) then they fade in when I am ovulating. Stay positive for a week and then fade out. For the past two months I have been temping and I ovulated about 32 hours(ish) after the first positive. So that seems to be normal right?? Is it possible that I am just producing copious amounts of LH and it just takes that long to leave my urine? Or is there something more serious going on?? I have never been diagnosed with PCOS and I don't really have any of the symptoms either except this one. I always test with SMU very close to the same time every day I test.

It is just frustrating. I know something weird is going on because I always spot as well before AF and this past month spotting 4.5 days before AF came.

It is not a super big concern now because like I said I am not TTC, but I do plan to TTC in 3 or so months and I don't want this to interfere with anything.

So if anyone has any advice I would be grateful.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

An entire week of positive OPK every month

How much are you BFing? When I was still BFing DS2, I spotted 7-4 days before AF and would get almost positives for 3 days then true positives for 2 days. This happened when I was BFing 8-1 time(s) a day. Now that DS2 has weaned, this has resolved.

For some of us ladies, BFing appears to mess with our cycles. Hang in there! It started to get better when I was BFing 1-2 times a day.

FX and GL! See you in the March 2ww....unless I get a surprise BFP (I can't believe I'll ever get one )!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What brand OPKs? There are some super sensitive brands that give loads of false positives.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks XX that is super encouraging!!! I nurse DD2 probably 10+ times a day still! She's obsessed

Maiden the brand is B.F.P and I buy them from Early Pregnancy Tests and Ovulation Predictor Kits for Home Use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due January 2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure those are one of the super sensitive brands, pink handles right? I highly recommend you get some Wondfos from amazon. Make sure they have light blue handles (there are some fake Wondfo OPKs being sold on amazon by marketplace sellers).

FRER brand OPKs are good too. Avoid at all costs: Answer brand, CVS/Walgreens/Target generic OPKs. Dollar Tree are in between, on the sensitive side but they work well for some.

I do think BFing can be a factor but I'd try some reliable OPKs regardless.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to clear the LH. It sounds to me like your temps are showing you are ovulating about 24-36 hours after the FIRST positive which is normal. People with PCOS are getting positves that have nothing to do with ovulation.

It is common to spot before AF when breastfeeding.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to clear the LH. It sounds to me like your temps are showing you are ovulating about 24-36 hours after the FIRST positive which is normal. People with PCOS are getting positves that have nothing to do with ovulation.

It is common to spot before AF when breastfeeding.
    Thanks Atomic. That is good to know. I did take Maidens advice and ordered some Wondfos. They arrived yesterday just in time because I got a positive with them today! So we will see.

Due January 2021

9. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You were right about the brand Maiden. With the Wondfos I had one day of positive and that was it!!! Thank you for that suggestion.

Due January 2021

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes maidentomother, True Blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So happy to hear that! It is truly amazing what a difference OPK brand makes.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for updating! great info ladies.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ