Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying for a girl after 3 boys and 2 losses

My husband and I just lost a baby, our 2nd miscarriage in a row. I've had short luteal phases my whole life, but somehow conceived our 3 boys in 2009, 2010, and 2011 without any problems. Since then, I've had low progesterone and bleeding and cramping during pregnancies. I also had extremely low hcg with my last pregnancy that I miscarried a few days ago. We were able to see the heart beat despite hcg in the 300s, but then in our 12 week ultrasound 2 weeks later, the heart had stopped.

My doc prescribed me progesterone suppositories, clomid, baby asprin, and estoidol to help my luteal phase (23 day cycles), help produce progesterone, combat another miscarriage, have higher quality eggs (perhaps even multiple), and a quicker conception. I've filled the prescriptions, but I want to plan my pink sway before deciding. We will begin TTC the 20th of May. My husband and I want to start getting ready for PINK! So here's the plan for my girl diet as of now, with today being my first day on it. Please, if any of you have an extra moment, if you could tell me anything to eliminate or change that we've gotten wrong, it would be very appreciated.

Supplements I believe I want to take:
    Clomid day 3 - 7 (I'm prescribed 50 mg but would really love twins. Do you think 100 would help that, or stick with 50?)
    Progesterone suppositories day 17 and on
    baby asprin
    Folic Acid
    Calcium
    Magnesium
    Contemplating benadryl before O on attempt days if it will help sway girl

Supplements for DH: He is a nonsmoker, in low normal weight, with no known problems. When we've tested ph levels in the past, we both were in good boy zones.
    Cranberry
    Licorice Root - If we don't get pregnant the first month, we will stop the LR.
    Should he take anything else? Mag/Cal?

DIET
    Drinks: I believe all of these sway girl. This is my plan - should anything be changed to sway more?
    • filtered water in morning
    • Low fat organic milk whenever I need milk in a recipe - I've seen that some pink diets recommend 3 glasses. Does it sway girl more than other choices here?
    • great value sugar free drink mix with asperthame 2 cups a day with a meal
    • dr. pepper with meals (this is what I've always drank the most of)
    • diet dr. pepper with meals (never been one for aspethame or diet, so I think incorporating this would be good for a girl sway)

My girl diet plan: I have a BMI of 23. I will eliminate breakfast and only eat 2 meals a day without any snacks between meals if this is best. I'll have 15 hours or more between Dinner and Lunch. I have My Fitness Pal set so that I can do what I believe to be the LE diet. My daily intake is set to goals of 1200 calories, 195g (65%) carbs, 30g (10%) protein, and 33g (25%) fat. 9g saturated fat limit, 300mg cholesterol, 2300mg sodium, 60g sugar, 3500mg potassium, and 25g fiber. My exercise plan is to do 60 minutes of walking and jogging on my treadmill 6-7 days a week. I will have a cheat meal a week each Thursday night when we go to a restaurant, and will have a margarita or two then if it's ok. My husband drinks beers twice a week, as well as caffiene daily. Should we tweak anything?

The things I've bought to eat regularly thinking they sway pink:
    • white rice with Mrs. Dash and corn on the cob with country crock and mrs. dash
    • tomato, sucumber, iceberg lettuce salad with ranch, italian, or balsamic vinagarette dressing (is one better than others?)
    • corn tortilla with egg beaters, Mrs. Dash, and salsa with a strawberry or blueberry yoplait light yogurt
    • corn tortillas with lettuce, white rice, velveeta cheese, rotel, light sour cream, and sala
    • strawberries and apples with cool whip and a straw/blueberry yoplait light yogurt
    • spinach, velveeta cheese, cream cheese, rotel dip on ranch wheat thin crackers
    • white bread grilled cheese sandwich with american cheese and country crock
    • tricolor rotini pasta with italian and ranch dressing
    • baked potato with margarine, kosher salt, light sour cream, and shredded mixed cheese
    • white rice with chicken breast grilled with Mrs. Dash
    • hot cheetos (will eat in place of a meal)
    • salsa pringles chips (will eat in place of a meal)

I also have gummy bears and sweet tarts to add candy to my diet. I will eat them right after a meal.

I also take buspirone twice a day to combat anxiety. I've dealt with it my whole life, mostly dealing with perfectionism and competitiveness in my job (I'm a math/science teacher in a testing grade). I wasn't on this med before when I conceived my boys or my first miscarriage, but it's allowed me to live my life and enjoy it instead of stressing. I know stress like this sways blue, so I believe it's best that I use it while TTC. (It's a grade B med, and I plan on taking it while pregnant i believe to have as stress-free of a pregnancy as possible).

Do I have any misunderstandings about any of this or is there anything that will ruin my intention of a girl diet, despite sticking to calorie, fat, sodium, and potassium limits? I appreciate your help more than you know. After I have my plan down, I want to follow it and continue shopping this way so I have nothing else to stress about. I have had a hard time shaking everything we used to believe about timing out of my head, especially since we conceived all of our boys right at O, but I know with Clomid I need to not do a cut off if I want to get pregnant. I think the best thing for us would either be one attempt with abstaining before, or frequent release AF on. Any opinions for my situation? Thank you so much for your time.
    Last edited by Loren; March 7th, 2015 at 09:15 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After more research, I think I've decided against the cal and magnesium for both of us, as I think lower nutrients may be best. I did order rephresh and will use once 3 days before O.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome ��. Sorry to hear about your losses. When are you planning on ttc? We are starting in May. Coming around so fast! Good luck! Hope we are ttc buddies ��
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Late April. Me too!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd definitely drop the cal-mag. I wouldn't use benadryl in a clomid cycle since clomid is already very drying. Diet sounds fine though I wouldn't go crazy on the milk drinking (unless it's skim, then you can drink a couple glasses) nor would I go overbiard on the aspartame. Though personally I'd never consume the stuff, I think it's too toxic and it barely sways if at all. Don't worry about sodium or potassium, we don't think they sway and it's one less thing to obsess over. You may need more overall cals and protein with the exercise.

Everything else sounds good, buspirone should sway pink, and I'd have DH do regular release all cycle long with one attempt at positive OPK.

I'm so sorry for your losses, I hope you conceive your rainbow baby girl soon! Btw I also conceived easily with a naturally short LP...it's not uncommon.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the time it took to respond with such helpful advice.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again, thanks for patience.

Stick with 50. You have decent chance at twins with 50 mg.

Do not use RepHresh or Benadryl, it will cut your odds too far on Clomid and we're not getting good results with them anyway (don't appear to be doing anything) On Clomid, you are not gonna be able to predict when O will come and trying for 3 days before O, could very well end up coming right before O and cutting odds of conception to nothing (if you ovulated early)

Unless you already have the cranberry for DH, let's do OLE instead. IT's getting better results than cran and cuts odds of conception much less.

You are way too low on nutrient data. Protein needs to be 40-50 g minimum because that is the amount needed to sustain a healthy pg. I prefer most people do 1500-1800 cals and very very few need to drop to 1200-1500.

2-3 servings of aspartame is ok, no more than that please.

on the amounts of sodium and potassium, those are great! Please resist temptation to cut back any further on those things.

Alcohol and caff are fine at that intake!

I do want you to understand you CAN have more than 2 meals, it's 2 or 3, whichever works better for you. Some do better with 3 and esp. since you have to work, I wanted you to be aware you can add another meal if need be.

Also be aware that low carb veg are free - you don't count them in your cal/pro/fat, and higher carb veg and fruit are free for pro and fat but you do count cals. I just don't want you to be too strict on your diet.

I would have you guys skip freqency all together (it is not working and really cut odds of conception a lot) and have DH do regular release every 2-4 days and then stick with the one attempt the first couple months, then we will need to revisit that and start adding attempts (please come back and ask about this at that time!!! don't be shy )
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    forgot antidepressant - yes that seems to help a pink sway.

if you do drink some milk be sure to count in totals for the day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Loren thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    June 3rd will be our cycle we start trying. I wasn't happy with my diet last month and wanted more time on the diet.

I'm eating lots of white rice, corn on the cobb, sugar free strawberry yogurt, sugar free/diet drinks (Def never did that before with all our boys), drinking a glass of red wine each night, eating a graham cracker with ground cinnamon sprinkled very generously all over the top, and staying away from high nutrient foods like breakfast cereals and lots of meats and other dairy products. I'm also skipping breakfast and not snacking between meals. Trying to eat about 6 each night and not eat til 11:30 the following day. My husband is taking olive leaf extract pills daily and staying away from steak (huge change for him). He's also drinking caffeine, sugar free drinks (also a big change for him), and a glass or two of wine each night. We're BD ing every day or two days. Our TTC Cycle will start June 3rd. I'll begin the Clomid for the first time day 3 of my next cycle. I'm also taking baby aspirin and folic acid each day.

I really wanted to include an hour of jogging/walking each night but my beloved treadmill JUST broke. I'm heartbroken!
    Last edited by Loren; May 17th, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi loren sorry for your losses and I hope everything goes great this cycle ttc. Just wanted to jump in as I noticed you said you're bding every day or two and I think this actually sways blue. Hubby can do release (with or without you ) but from the previous comments think you're advised to bd once?? I see your original comments were back in march so this may have changed, I believe there's other ladies ttc pink that are dtd every 3-4 days during fertile window as one attempt hasn't been working or their opks are unreliable. I just know I've read multiple attempts in fertile window sway blue. Sorry again for bumping in here just wanted to make sure that you're getting your best chance at girl
    Last edited by Pbn3; May 18th, 2015 at 02:07 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast